What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Watched the Silo premiere. That was freaking great! Im already hooked :smoke: 

Just a heads up. There is a tonal shift around eps 3 and 4. It’s still entertaining, though.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

hmm that doesn't sound too promising.

It was just a bit jarring, at first, but it’s coming full circle (that’s a great thing). Remy mentioned the shift, as well. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

It was just a bit jarring, at first, but it’s coming full circle (that’s a great thing). Remy mentioned the shift, as well. 

Im guessing the shift starts at ep4. Ep 3 was an absolute thrill ride. In fact the first 3 eps together are the best TV content i've seen this year so far.

6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Shit, I need to hop on that. I love Keri Russell :dreamy: 

Edit: season 2 was confirmed. 

Fuck Yes!

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

@madmaltese The Diplomat makes a great first impression. Some reviews didn’t sell it well (nothing negative, but they made it seem lighter in tone). I’m glad you mentioned it and gave it a thumb up. And damn, Keri is still so gorgeous (age 47). 

It only gets better and better with each episode too. I was ready to tell you to stick it out if you thought the start was a little slow or light but if you're enjoying it already you're gonna love it by the end. 

Keri Russell is legit ageless. 

On 2023-06-18 at 9:50 PM, z,warrior said:

I loved 4 and am liking 5 so far, still need to finish it. But I thought Black Mirror was supposed to be sci fi and have a lot to do with our relationship with technology? And if it wasn’t sci fi it was at least plausible situations… EPS 4 and 5 went full on fantasy, and I do like them, but it just threw me off.

Okay I completely take away what I previously said. Watched ep4. WTF was that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Okay I completely take away what I previously said. Watched ep4. WTF was that. 

5 is a lot better and it makes me wonder if they are going to go full horror for season 7.

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

5 is a lot better and it makes me wonder if they are going to go full horror for season 7.

I don't know if I want that though, there's plenty of horror shows around and even more horror anthology kind of shows but nothing like what BM usually is. What made Black Mirror so good was that touch of realism and dystopian future element where the horror came out in the fact that all this stuff isn't really that much of a far cry from a future reality. 

The turn in ep4 was a massive let down in direction. I'd say it's easily the worst BM episode ever. 

Still have eps 3 and 5 to watch (had to skip 3 due to length).

I enjoyed ep2 for what it was but even that wasn't really Black Mirror material imo but at least it had a touch on the True Crime doco genre. 

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I don't know if I want that though, there's plenty of horror shows around and even more horror anthology kind of shows but nothing like what BM usually is. What made Black Mirror so good was that touch of realism and dystopian future element where the horror came out in the fact that all this stuff isn't really that much of a far cry from a future reality. 

The turn in ep4 was a massive let down in direction. I'd say it's easily the worst BM episode ever. 

Still have eps 3 and 5 to watch (had to skip 3 due to length).

I enjoyed ep2 for what it was but even that wasn't really Black Mirror material imo but at least it had a touch on the True Crime doco genre. 

3 is definitely more like BM, but 5 is also a horror departure.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Good to know. 

I think the surprise of ep4 had a more negative impact on my views of the ep too. Knowing Ep5 is horror going in will make it better. 

5 is just a significantly better episode than 4. The dynamic between the 2 leads is dark and funny.

• Like 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

@madmaltese broooo just finished The Diplomat finale Holy Fuck! Shit got real!

As for the rest of the show, it rocked! Keri and crew all delivered. The writing was sharp too.

Holy fuck man you flew through it! How fucking good aye. The escalation then moment at the end just topped off a superb season. Really glad you enjoyed it! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Holy fuck man you flew through it! How fucking good aye. The escalation then moment at the end just topped off a superb season. Really glad you enjoyed it! 

it was super addictive! and that ending...fuck man :D wasn't expecting that.

• aitch 1
15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

All caught up on Silo. The last 2 eps were very good. But the first 3 are still my favorites. And the middle eps (4,5,6) were ok, but the weakest overall.

That’s how I feel. I think the season will end on a strong note. 

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, -GD-X said:

That’s how I feel. I think the season will end on a strong note. 

The penultimate episode owned :smoke:

Also, I thought this was based on a book but its actually based on a sizeable series of books. So if the series gets renewed (fingers crossed) they'll have a lot of material to pull from for subsequent seasons.

• aitch 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The penultimate episode owned :smoke:

Also, I thought this was based on a book but its actually based on a sizeable series of books. So if the series gets renewed (fingers crossed) they'll have a lot of material to pull from for subsequent seasons.

I didn’t know it was out! 

Watched Asteroid City. That was one weird, yet charming, flick. I’m not a fan of Wes Anderson, but this one worked for me. Its aesthetic immersed me in its surreal world. I definitely dug the nod to classic cinema with its 2D backdrops. 

God damn, that last revelation in the From finale gave me chills. It reminded me of the 

Spoiler

Flash forward in Lost’s season 3 finale. 

This is definitely the spiritual successor to Lost.