What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

I finished Black Mirror Season 6. 

It was definitely the most horror-like season (with the exception of the comedic premiere ). I would say eps 1 and 3 are the most traditional Black Mirror episodes . But 2, 4 and 5 were dark fun. 

Overall, I dug it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

Just finished this season of Black Mirror. If I had to rank the episodes in terms of best to worst:

1) Loch Henry

2) Demon 79

3) Joan Is Awful

4) Beyond the Sea

5) Mazey Day (this one honestly kind of sucked)

I don't think any of the particular episodes really stood out as something special though, unlike the past seasons which usually have at least 1 standout ep.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished this season of Black Mirror. If I had to rank the episodes in terms of best to worst:

1) Loch Henry

2) Demon 79

3) Joan Is Awful

4) Beyond the Sea

5) Mazey Day (this one honestly kind of sucked)

I don't think any of the particular episodes really stood out as something special though, unlike the past seasons which usually have at least 1 standout ep.

Hmmm I think Joan is Awful was memorable since it was funny af and super meta. It’s up there with Nosedive, in terms of clever humor. Loch Henry stood out because it seamlessly mixed horror and the season’s meta theme. I will definitely add these 2 eps to my list of recommended BM eps.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Only seen Joan if Awful so far and it was great! Little more light hearted while still having the Black Mirror vibe which was cool.

Good to hear you guys are enjoying the others too. I'm ready for some dark eps though. 

Yeah, I liked this season more than 5. 

• Like 1

I loved 4 and am liking 5 so far, still need to finish it. But I thought Black Mirror was supposed to be sci fi and have a lot to do with our relationship with technology? And if it wasn’t sci fi it was at least plausible situations… EPS 4 and 5 went full on fantasy, and I do like them, but it just threw me off.

12 hours ago, z,warrior said:

I loved 4 and am liking 5 so far, still need to finish it. But I thought Black Mirror was supposed to be sci fi and have a lot to do with our relationship with technology? And if it wasn’t sci fi it was at least plausible situations… EPS 4 and 5 went full on fantasy, and I do like them, but it just threw me off.

Haven't seen them so can't comment but past Black Mirror eps are so close to reality now that they do probably need to venture a little more into the fantasy realm lol 

14 hours ago, z,warrior said:

Yeah, they were unusual stories for the series. Ep 5 felt like a fun Tales From The Crypt. 

43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That was a really good ep of From! The wait for the finale is going to be tough....

Finished it. Shit got craaaaaazy. I can’t wait for the finale :smoke:

• aitch 1

I started watching Platonic. I don’t like Seth Rogan, but I love Rose Byrne. It started off rocky..but….it’s growing on me. I’m actually digging the dynamic between the 2 leads. It kind of has a Judd Apatow feel (like  I love You Man and This Is 40). It’s a solid watch if you want accessible tv with characters that become likable (almost stopped watching early on lol). 

edit: episode 4 is pretty fucking funny :D 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Finished The Diplomat. Really enjoyed it, some superb performances lead by Keri Russell and great writing. Finale and ending was excellent too, this shit better be renewed by Netflix. Highly recommended. 

Shit, I need to hop on that. I love Keri Russell :dreamy: 

Edit: season 2 was confirmed. 

@madmaltese The Diplomat makes a great first impression. Some reviews didn’t sell it well (nothing negative, but they made it seem lighter in tone). I’m glad you mentioned it and gave it a thumb up. And damn, Keri is still so gorgeous (age 47).