What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

getting drunk at a friends house last night, we couldn't think of anything to watch, so he decided on trying out this youtube series

its a guy who has worked with the BBC, and he was given access to all of their raw video footage, and her combined just pure, raw video of Russia from 1985 to 1999, to show the fall of the soviet government, and them doing their first attempt at transition to capitalism that was a complete disaster, and how the whole country become very messed up and corrupt (in different ways than before).

Its a 7 episode series called TraumaZone, all free on youtube.

what makes it watchable is that these clips are no longer than half a minute, and you keep on seeing them return back to certain people, so its all easily digestible.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i thought for sure that California would be a -20.

It's funny and shows how sad it is that social media controls how so many people think. The Barbie results is the result of certain people just reading Barbie hate content and getting upset by out of context lines or dumb shit like incels claiming that Margot Robbie isn't really that good looking anyway. 

On 2023-07-24 at 11:14 AM, -GD-X said:

I’ve been watching Insecure (the HBO show) on Netflix. This shit is funny af :D I’m on season 4. 

This is the third time I watch the first 2 eps trying to watch the show all the way through, will see if I can get past these episodes this time. I do find it funny but never stay attached 

17 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I gotta give props to whoever came up with the flashback transition sound effect in Lost. Its so good and perfectly fits the vibe that the show is going for.

My favorite was always the ending cut with the logo and the sound effect. :aitch: 

• aitch 1
36 minutes ago, Ike said:

My favorite was always the ending cut with the logo and the sound effect. :aitch: 

You were right about how binging the show actually affects your perception of the pacing. Im on the last few eps of s3, and I didn't really feel like it dragged much during the middle eps.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

You were right about how binging the show actually affects your perception of the pacing. Im on the last few eps of s3, and I didn't really feel like it dragged much during the middle eps.

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again :wow2:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again :wow2:

Same. I don’t think there will be a moment on tv like the season 3 finale. It was soooo good. 

• Like 2

Wow! that was nuts 

Spoiler

Charlie :mjcry:

Also the scenes with punished Jack were a big WTF. Specifically the confirmation at the end that those scenes were basically flashforwards where some characters managed to leave the island?

But then Jack name drops his father numerous times throughout the ep implying that he's still alive. Unless they're doing some alternate timeline type stuff where the characters' stories have different outcomes.

Either that or nobody knows Jack's father is still alive and he's just stealing his identity to get what he wants (like the Oxycodone prescriptions).

• aitch 2
15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Wow! that was nuts 

Hide contents

Charlie :mjcry:

Also the scenes with punished Jack were a big WTF. Specifically the confirmation at the end that those scenes were basically flashforwards where some characters managed to leave the island?

But then Jack name drops his father numerous times throughout the ep implying that he's still alive. Unless they're doing some alternate timeline type stuff where the characters' stories have different outcomes.

Either that or nobody knows Jack's father is still alive and he's just stealing his identity to get what he wants (like the Oxycodone prescriptions).

Now imagine having to wait months to get answers. :D 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It was a show that's been made tremendously more consumable due to streaming. It came on during peak TV viewer days and to make a show where you needed to follow every single episode in order, how do you survive in a secondary market where people would mostly just catch the shows randomly at odd hours? I could have never dealt with this waiting a week and having to catch an episode at a specific time.

• Upvote 1