What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Wow! that was nuts 

Hide contents

Charlie :mjcry:

Also the scenes with punished Jack were a big WTF. Specifically the confirmation at the end that those scenes were basically flashforwards where some characters managed to leave the island?

But then Jack name drops his father numerous times throughout the ep implying that he's still alive. Unless they're doing some alternate timeline type stuff where the characters' stories have different outcomes.

Either that or nobody knows Jack's father is still alive and he's just stealing his identity to get what he wants (like the Oxycodone prescriptions).

Peak Lost craziness was when that idea of the Season 3 finale twist ending was actually LEAKED ONLINE about two or three months before. I think during that winter when the show was on break.

And then to see it actually happen, man. Its like a wilder reaction than any video game E3 leak coming true.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

Just came back from Oppenheimer in IMAX.

I think the phrase "In Nolan, we trust" doesn't really apply anymore.

He has a similar problem that Quentin Tarantino does in the latter part of his career. Except Nolan is struggling even worse than QT is.

When I used to watch a Nolan movie, its premise was exciting, and intriguing. And I feel like he handled the mystery very well without overdoing it. He made you feel smart for following it and getting it.

Now, it just feels forced. It seems like he's relying more on complicated storytelling devices because he's forced to do so, rather than because the story requires that it be told in a clever way.

Also the IMAX doesn't really feel all that necessary, except for maybe one particular shot of the Trinity test that lasts a few seconds.

• Thanks 1
  • dead 1
11 hours ago, -GD-X said:

TB is making me want to gear up for another Lost viewing :wow2:

lol the wife and i did a rewatch like a year ago? we just kinda dropped it halfway through season 5 i think. that show kinda goes off the rails, imo.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So S4 of Lost. Im not sure how I feel about these flashforwards they start introducing. I feel like they're kinda spoiling a lot of stuff and lessening the mystery aspect.

Wait until the episode titled The Constant. Best episode of the show period. 

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So S4 of Lost. Im not sure how I feel about these flashforwards they start introducing. I feel like they're kinda spoiling a lot of stuff and lessening the mystery aspect.

Trust me. They get awesome and add a new level of mystery. And like Ike said, you are in for a treat with The Constant :wow2:

• Upvote 1

Finally got to see Knock at the Cabin now that it’s available to stream on Prime, as a huge Shyamalan fan, I’m glad the movie did relatively well and seem to have avoided the cancel-wokeness  culture clash going on since the movie does have a same sex couple.  Dave Bautista really carries the movie too, he’s amazing.

Spoiler

The wrong dad died… the one who survives, Andrew, was so annoying throughout the film while Eric was a lot more peaceful.

Also read the difference from the movie and book is it’s the daughter who ends up dying in the book… that would have been a gut wrenching Shyamalan plot twist he’s known for, so I’m curious to know why he decided to avoid that and went for a more tame ending.

Edited by z,warrior
On 2023-07-27 at 6:00 AM, -GD-X said:

Trust me. They get awesome and add a new level of mystery. And like Ike said, you are in for a treat with The Constant :wow2:

I just watched it and honestly its a bit overrated. Maybe for its time It might have had more of an impact but I just find

Spoiler

the time traveling themes

to be overused nowadays.

59 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just watched it and honestly its a bit overrated. Maybe for its time It might have had more of an impact but I just find

Reveal hidden contents

the time traveling themes

to be overused nowadays.

It pioneered it back then. A lot of shows couldn’t get it right until Lost. 

Caught up on this season of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. My god how is the 16th goddamn season of a show this goddamn good? It’s got the feel of the early episodes with some social commentary mixed in with hilarious jokes and plots. Frank vs. Russia and Dennis Takes a Mental Health Day are two all-time episodes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Ike said:

Caught up on this season of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. My god how is the 16th goddamn season of a show this goddamn good? It’s god the feel of the early episodes with some social commentary mixed in with hilarious jokes and plots. Frank vs. Russia and Dennis Takes a Mental Health Day are two all-time episodes. 

I’m behind. I hear the Dennis episode is legendary. 

• aitch 1
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m behind. I hear the Dennis episode is legendary. 

It’s so fucking hilarious. :D

I’m still behind on season 2 and what’s aired of season 3 for Gemstones right now. 

Currently watching The Bear with gf so we’ve been watching it slower than I’d like to since I just want to binge it all lol. I’m almost done with season 1. 

:D Fuck the way Lost can trick you is pretty brutal but also brilliant (S4 E7)

Spoiler

The flashforward where Jin rushes to get a present for a baby, which you immediately assume is his own because those are combined with scenes where Sun is giving birth. Then its revealed that its not his but someone related to Sun's father's business and Jin says to the receptionist he's only been married 2 months so you know something odd is going on....

But then it flashesforwards to Hurley meeting Sun and the baby in Korea and he's like 'so i guess we should go see him' and I immediately thought ok I guess this is finally where we see Jin in the future and then you realize that they visited a graveyard and you instantly put all the pieces together and find out that Jin's dead :mjcry:

Even a lot of modern shows can't execute this kind of thing that well.

• aitch 1

A few eps into S5. Show is starting to lose me

Spoiler

The increased focus on the time traveling themes, particularly the constant temporal shifts on the island are excessive. The show is quickly losing sight of its strengths and becoming something else entirely.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

A few eps into S5. Show is starting to lose me

Hide contents

The increased focus on the time traveling themes, particularly the constant temporal shifts on the island are excessive. The show is quickly losing sight of its strengths and becoming something else entirely.

It gets pretty cool as it goes on. The finale is pretty dope. Again, I’m going by 2009 standards, though. 

I’m on the second of the live action trilogy of Full metal Alchemist. For anyone who thinks it’s one of the best anime ever made, these movies are a treat to be apart of the universe again :love: 

It only makes me wish Hollywood would pick this franchise up and give a high-budget trilogy or better yet tv show