Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

On 2023-07-30 at 12:06 PM, Twinblade said:

A few eps into S5. Show is starting to lose me

Hide contents

The increased focus on the time traveling themes, particularly the constant temporal shifts on the island are excessive. The show is quickly losing sight of its strengths and becoming something else entirely.

There is something to be said that Lost has a rather special quality as JUST A DRAMA Series. And it doesn't need to be heavy sci-fi.

But, back then, the hard-core minority of fans were screaming for the creators to stop with the drama and finally give us the sci-fi.

I was always worried that the sci-fi would never be satisfactory, it would never be like mindblowing stuff that wraps it all up.

Which is why I always relied more on the human drama aspect, because for a sci-fi show they did a good job of filming, directing, and acting and having amazing music for dramatic scenes.

Lost is like every other drama show, except they cut the bullshit filler out and just flashback to the core dramatic scenes.

A Sayid flashback episode would contain the most important scenes that would normally take a normal primitime drama like 6 episodes. I love that they always cut out the fat from the flashbacks.

The shit that happened on the island, that's where the fat is, obviously.

Most sci-fi shows do not have drama this good. I hear the Leftovers basically delivered on both things fantastically.

Edited by jehurey
44 minutes ago, jehurey said:

There is something to be said that Lost has a rather special quality as JUST A DRAMA Series. And it doesn't need to be heavy sci-fi.

But, back then, the hard-core minority of fans were screaming for the creators to stop with the drama and finally give us the sci-fi.

I was always worried that the sci-fi would never be satisfactory, it would never be like mindblowing stuff that wraps it all up.

Which is why I always relied more on the human drama aspect, because for a sci-fi show they did a good job of filming, directing, and acting and having amazing music for dramatic scenes.

Lost is like every other drama show, except they cut the bullshit filler out and just flashback to the core dramatic scenes.

A Sayid flashback episode would contain the most important scenes that would normally take a normal primitime drama like 6 episodes. I love that they always cut out the fat from the flashbacks.

The shit that happened on the island, that's where the fat is, obviously.

Most sci-fi shows do not have drama this good. I hear the Leftovers basically delivered on both things fantastically.

Yeah, The Leftovers mixed drama and sci-fi/spirituality seamlessly. It answered everything, yet nothing, and was better for it. Lost fucked up when it tried to provide answers. Hell, a lot of internet theories were significantly better. Some were, downright, brilliant. However, Lost definitely delivered on the character front.

The flashbacks have been some of my favorite moments of the show, especially the ones in the earlier seasons that really fleshed out the characters. There are many scenes that I don't think would have quite as much of an impact if you hadn't known those characters' backgrounds beforehand.

54 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The flashbacks have been some of my favorite moments of the show, especially the ones in the earlier seasons that really fleshed out the characters. There are many scenes that I don't think would have quite as much of an impact if you hadn't known those characters' backgrounds beforehand.

then, i think you'll enjoy the final season, because the show definitely delivers on the characters.

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So the dude that looks like he was hired to look like that dead hip hop singer, Mac Miller, is also dead?

Yup. He had a bright future. He landed a bunch of roles and modeling gigs. Apparently, his dad died last week and the actor fell into a deep depression. Addiction is a fucked up thing. 

5 minutes ago, z,warrior said:

They’ll be in a retirement home by the time Euphoria S3 comes out smh they could say he died of old age

After watching The Idol, I question Sam Levinson’s idea of quality. 

13 hours ago, madmaltese said:

The Bear is so fn good. 

Sort of like Uncut Gems but as a tv show with a restaurant setting

yeah, the first few eps definitely had UG's frenetic pacing. fortunately, it slows down to let the characters develop.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Finished S5 and now on 6. WTF is going on in this show all of a sudden :ben: 

that's a rough season. it excels with its main characters, but it shits the bed with the explanations.

Just now, Ike said:

The Richard Alpert episode in S6 is a standout. :aitch:

Spoiler

the flashback episode was disappointing, though. great character, though. i think the jacob flashnack ep may be the worst LOST ep :D

4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

that's a rough season. it excels with its main characters, but it shits the bed with the explanations.

I can't say im surprised. Im pretty sure there's no way they can properly explain some of the shit i've seen :D 

Personally I think the show peaked with the first 3 seasons, and has steadily gotten worse starting at 4 (which was still quite good). 5 and 6 so far have just been really messy.