What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

My Lost journey is over :mjcry:

That was....quite the ending. I admit im somewhat lost but I was tuning out at points during the last 2 seasons, so I could have potentially missed some crucial information or setup. Im just gonna look up some summaries and theories to fill in the gaps, but it was generally a very effective and emotional ending I think.

When it comes to the island, the turning point that started to sour me on the core mystery was

Reveal hidden contents

When Locke dies and then the smoke monster becomes corporeal and decides to take his appearance. I really could not get down with that nonsense. But then the writers decide to make that character the main villain as well as the focal point of the last 2 seasons, and that really hurt the show for me.

Thankfully the characters and their relationships with one another in the end did redeem parts of these seasons for me.

Now watch The Leftovers if you haven’t. It’s Lost but better. Probably my all time favorite show ever honestly. Season 2 and 3 are absolute perfection. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

Now watch The Leftovers if you haven’t. It’s Lost but better. Probably my all time favorite show ever honestly. Season 2 and 3 are absolute perfection. 

I watched the leftovers when it aired. Its definitely good stuff but even with its issues I think I prefer Lost.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I watched the leftovers when it aired. Its definitely good stuff but even with its issues I think I prefer Lost.

Do you agree that 

Spoiler

The From season 2 finale, where the chick ends up out of the town, has season 3’s flash forward finale vibes? I also thought the “helpful/not so helpful” guy on the walkie in From’s season 1 finale reminded me of Lost’s first finale, where the “helpful guys” take Walt. 

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Do you agree that 

Reveal hidden contents

The From season 2 finale, where the chick ends up out of the town, has season 3’s flash forward finale vibes? I also thought the “helpful/not so helpful” guy on the walkie in From’s season 1 finale reminded me of Lost’s first finale, where the “helpful guys” take Walt. 

Yeah I noticed some of those parallels. Im really interested in seeing just how much more S3 of From will be influenced by Lost considering the direction the story is going in.

• Upvote 1

I've watched thru episode 5 of Hijack.

Its becoming obvious that this was meant to be a BBC show that got bought and transferred over to AppleTV.

Its a little too soap-opera-ish in some places, a little too low budget in some places. They can cuss, but they always shy away from actual R-rated violence and gore.

An old lady can slowly run away faster than a cop, apparently.:drake: Gonna finish it up, obviously.

Im enjoying Twisted Metal :ben: The soundtrack might be the best part of it though. Its basically a greatest hits collection of popular songs from the PS1/PS2 era which matches up well with the games and their origins.

The humor can be pretty cheesy overall but i've gotten used to it.

Finished Hijack.

Its entertaining for what it is, tries to make Idris Elba feel like a negotiator equivalent of John McClane in Die Hard near the end.

The way some of those side-stories wrap up was VERY weak, and rather lame. Lot of logic gaps there near the end, but its whatever.

• Upvote 1

So part 2 of this latest season of The Witcher was actually decent. quite a bit better than the first few eps.

But I just don't see how this show can possibly continue without Henry Cavil. I couldn't be less enthusiastic about where it goes from here for that reason.

14 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So part 2 of this latest season of The Witcher was actually decent. quite a bit better than the first few eps.

But I just don't see how this show can possibly continue without Henry Cavil. I couldn't be less enthusiastic about where it goes from here for that reason.

Overall I like the Witcher...other than the fact they haven't done a good job actually clarifying the intentions of alot of characters. Like the king guy who shows up once a season and you forgot exist except that one time he shows up. 

I can forgive some of the dodgy CGI as some of the creatures are quite demanding and they have to have the human actors fight with them. It's TV and the Flash and Ant Man have put out worse cgi in major movies. 

For the record I only played five minutes of Witcher 3 and never read the books so I don't have any attachments or expectations for the story or characters outside of the show. 

So I can get why some fans might be upset, but also fuck them because this misstep of a show is still better than what other people who love franchises can hope to get. 

It sucks Cavill is leaving. Netflix fucked up big time with that one. 

• Upvote 1

Been watching House of the Dragon, I stopped the last time after two episodes, don't know why.

I'm on episode 5 now and I'm loving it. Most actors have been really good in this so far. 

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'll be fucked, twisted metal is actually entertaining. Wtf. 

The action scenes are legitimately impressive, I was kind of shocked that they were willing to put as much money as they did into a goddamn show about Twisted Metal :D 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

The action scenes are legitimately impressive, I was kind of shocked that they were willing to put as much money as they did into a goddamn show about Twisted Metal :D 

We only finished episode 2 before heading out to the ninja turtles. Mackey's humor choices are a little more goofy than needed. Ryan Reynolds is the only actor who could get away with this role and nail it, but he's serviceable. Sweet Tooth really surprised me. The physical and vocal actor really sync well. 

As for Ninja Turtles. It's perfection. 10/10 

22 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'll be fucked, twisted metal is actually entertaining. Wtf. 

Started watching it just to check it out and it's actually entertaining in a way I can't even describe. The jokes are horrible, haven't laughed once, the script feels like it's written by a child, it looks low budget in areas (then decent budget in others) and the acting is so over the top that it takes you out of it sometimes yet somehow it knows all these things and embraces them and is a light fun watch. The short ep lengths help a lot. Also Sweet Tooth is done pretty damn well. 

I'm like 5/6 eps in. 

I absorbed House of the Dragon like a crack fiend smoking his pipe. 

It's really rare for me to binge on any TV shows. It happened with Rome and GoT. That's about it. 

Can't wait for the epic war that is brewing for season 2. :aitch: 

• Upvote 1

Everything everywhere All at Once and Transformers Rise of the Beasts are both on Paramount+ 

Watching Transformers RotB now and it’s not half bad, the beginning reminded me Beast Wars existed once, I had completely forgot I used to watch the 3D show as a kid

18 hours ago, Ike said:

Anyone watching this season of What We Do in the Shadows? Feels like the best season in a while. 

This has been a great summer for shows. Gemstones was great, WWDITS is so good, Only Murders is back, Reservation Dogs coming back, and jujutsu kaisen broke the internet. I have to check out the new Sunny season 

I tried so hard to get into What We Do In The Shadows. I get the appeal, but it just doesn’t do it for me. I watched 3 eps (mind you, this was the third time I tried to get into it).