What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

Finished Rise of the Beasts... I dont know why I bothered, maybe an urge to complete seeing all Transformers movies even though I dislike all of them except Bumblebee.

At least it was for free, I think I would have been pissed if I had spent money to see this... In fact, im kind of pissed of losing the time I wasted on it.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Started Mayor of Kingstown. Pretty legit, so far. 

The first episode ended really strong. It's just something about Jeremy Renner having to go visit these thugs to work some deal, and there's the stuff happening in the prison. For some reason, I really didn't feel like getting into the story where I would have to remember alot of different gang factions all upfront.  and I stopped watching about halfway thru the second episode.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The first episode ended really strong. It's just something about Jeremy Renner having to go visit these thugs to work some deal, and there's the stuff happening in the prison. For some reason, I really didn't feel like getting into the story where I would have to remember alot of different gang factions all upfront.  and I stopped watching about halfway thru the second episode.

I’m the opposite. I love all of the different factions. The gritty feel is great too. 

Was flipping thru the channels, and I had a free weekend of Showtime channels, and came across a 2022 movie called The Contractor, and I saw that it starred both Chris Pine and Ben Foster, who were both in Hell or High Water, so I was immediately interested in watching the movie from the beginning.

Its been a while since I've seen a movie start off pretty strong, start getting mediocre in the middle, and then becomes are pretty laughable mess by the end. LOL

I love movies in which a guy is like a super-prepper, and he's doing low-key spy/soldier shit, and he's got a backpack full of everything he'll ever need, and is resourceful.

And this movie has very questionable action scenes. Like, they do a very poor job setting up a good reason for WHY there should be tons of bullets flying everywhere. You're left confused as to why this is happening. And then it just turns into a poor man's Jason Bourne.

It almost had the feeling of a Craig S. Zahler movie throughout, which is a good thing. But it even has the flaws of a Craig S. Zahler movie where things feel really unbalanced at times.

Edited by jehurey

Finished season 2 of The Mayor Of Kingstown. What a slog of a season. The pacing was an absolute mess. There are some great parts, but they are too padded out. One major prison arc took way too many episodes to resolve. Season 1 oozed slow burn grit, but with enough twists and excitement to keep the story engaging. 2 just fell flat. A lot of dumb character decisions. Maybe 3 will be better, but at this point, do I care? 

scores: 

season 1: 8.5

season 2: 5 

5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Finished season 2 of The Mayor Of Kingstown. What a slog of a season. The pacing was an absolute mess. There are some great parts, but they are too padded out. One major prison arc took way too many episodes to resolve. Season 1 oozed slow burn grit, but with enough twists and excitement to keep the story engaging. 2 just fell flat. A lot of dumb character decisions. Maybe 3 will be better, but at this point, do I care? 

scores: 

season 1: 8.5

season 2: 5 

Would it be worth just watching the first season and skipping the 2nd altogether?

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Would it be worth just watching the first season and skipping the 2nd altogether?

Nah, because you will want to see the Fallout from 1. I just expected a lot more. 

• Upvote 1

Just came back from seeing the new Mission Impossible movie.

That movie is shockingly weak, in several ways.

Ultimately, I do like it more than Fallout, because I have very specific annoyances with MI: Fallout that really makes me feel like its the worst of all the MI movies, the exception clearly being MI:2

MI: Dead Reckoning has better characters, a slightly more interesting plot, and some pretty decent twists about 2/3's of the way through.

And then shit start's getting weak in the final act of the movie.