What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

4 hours ago, bhytre said:

Was in the mood for some dark sci-fi and rewatched Alien after so many years.

It's unbelievable how well it holds up and still manages to look fantastic despite releasing in '79 :dame: 

Time capsule material for future generations on how films should be done :bandafuq:

Seriously. Awesome movie 

the amount of games it influenced, with its art design, is ridiculous. Metroid, Halo, contra etc

Edited by Delita
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

9 hours ago, bhytre said:

Was in the mood for some dark sci-fi and rewatched Alien after so many years.

It's unbelievable how well it holds up and still manages to look fantastic despite releasing in '79 :dame: 

Time capsule material for future generations on how films should be done :bandafuq:

The only alien movie I love :love: 

24 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Nah 2 owned.

I’ll reserve judgement till the end. I have had the same prediction of where it will go and I hope it does.

little thing that irked me was:

when the cop sees Joe in the jail and somehow instantly links him cause he saw him ‘on the night a celebrity’ died. Seemed too much of a stretch. Was hoping he’d get caught in a better way.

My prediction is that Love will kill for Joe by the end of the season. Most likely killing Candace. I thought it would also be revealed that she killed her first bf but it seems he died from an illness. We’ll see

42 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I’ll reserve judgement till the end. I have had the same prediction of where it will go and I hope it does.

little thing that irked me was:

Reveal hidden contents

when the cop sees Joe in the jail and somehow instantly links him cause he saw him ‘on the night a celebrity’ died. Seemed too much of a stretch. Was hoping he’d get caught in a better way.

My prediction is that Love will kill for Joe by the end of the season. Most likely killing Candace. I thought it would also be revealed that she killed her first bf but it seems he died from an illness. We’ll see

The ending is great. I’ll leave it at that :smoke: 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Ike said:

Best episode of the season last night on Curb. Hamm was the best guest star this season and is really great at comedy.

Going to watch it later. Been waiting for that episode! 

Also, The Outsider was a really well done Stephen King adaptation. I think it could have been shortened by 2-3 episodes and still kept the intensity and the overall picture. The ending was a little lackluster though but I mean, that just comes with Stephen King in general. I enjoyed the ride but the I wish they would have kept Jason Bateman more involved because the 2 opening episodes were the best part of the show. I'd still recommend it to people and I think it'll do better as a binge watch versus weekly releases.

7.7/10

I'm super excited for HBO's spring slate of Westworld III and The Plot Against America.

16 minutes ago, Ike said:

Also, The Outsider was a really well done Stephen King adaptation. I think it could have been shortened by 2-3 episodes and still kept the intensity and the overall picture. The ending was a little lackluster though but I mean, that just comes with Stephen King in general. I enjoyed the ride but the I wish they would have kept Jason Bateman more involved because the 2 opening episodes were the best part of the show. I'd still recommend it to people and I think it'll do better as a binge watch versus weekly releases.

7.7/10

I'm super excited for HBO's spring slate of Westworld III and The Plot Against America.

so pumped! i'm pumped for tonight's saul too. tv>>>>>>video games.

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

so pumped! i'm pumped for tonight's saul too. tv>>>>>>video games.

Saul is the best show on TV right now. Can't wait. :aitch:

I'll also start my Westworld season 2 rewatch tomorrow to get ready for the premier. Knowing what happens, you can pay attention to all the clues and the ratio aspect changes and the like. It's almost more fun the second time around IMO.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ike said:

Saul is the best show on TV right now. Can't wait. :aitch:

I'll also start my Westworld season 2 rewatch tomorrow to get ready for the premier. Knowing what happens, you can pay attention to all the clues and the ratio aspect changes and the like. It's almost more fun the second time around IMO.

yeah, i'm starting my second viewing this week too! 

and saul is close to GOAT status :aitch:

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Epic episode of Saul. Gus is such a well acted character and I love they brought him back for this show. 

Spoiler

The scene with the money drop/employee was brilliant. 

10 hours ago, -GD- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The scene with the money drop/employee was brilliant. 

Spoiler

"It is acceptable." -Gus

Also, this whole thing with Jimmy/Kim might blow up in her face. I don't see how that is not a large conflict of interest. I also really liked the Howard/Jimmy lunch scene. I kind of feel for Howard and never thought he was a bad guy. He's just the establishment and I get why Jimmy wouldn't want to work there after his brother and all the shit that went down. The bullshitting between Hank/Gomey was great too. :D