Spiderman fastest selling game of the year [UK]

- Fastest selling game of the year, beating Far Cry V which is on multiple consoles.

- Sold almost double the amount that God of War did in it's first week

- Fastest selling Marvel branded game in history

-Fastest selling individual format game since PS4 version of COD WW2 last year

None of that includes Digital

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-09-09-uk-charts-spider-man-is-fastest-selling-game-of-the-year

BEAST!!!

Edited by madmaltese
Just now, Remij_ said:

Pretty impressive.

There was also a rumor that Insomniac games might announced a new game next week as well.  Apparently there's an easter egg in Spider-man that says as much... but it could also just be a coincidence.

They are marketing the upcoming dlc pretty heavily so would be interesting to see if they want to overshadow that with a new game announcement so soon. Don't know what the easter egg you're talking about is but surely a new R&C game is in development after the last one did so well. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

They are marketing the upcoming dlc pretty heavily so would be interesting to see if they want to overshadow that with a new game announcement so soon. Don't know what the easter egg you're talking about is but surely a new R&C game is in development after the last one did so well. 

Yea I agree.

Here's where the rumor started from:

crrog1j8q9l11.png

igTedPrice is his actual twitter handle, so people think that it could be an easter egg for an upcoming announcement next week.

Probably just a joke from the devs, however.

It looks fantastic from what I've seen thus far. I was actually looking at PS4's for sale locally. :hsmoke:

I might break down and get my first Playstation since PS2. And my first console since X360.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yea I agree.

Here's where the rumor started from:

crrog1j8q9l11.png

igTedPrice is his actual twitter handle, so people think that it could be an easter egg for an upcoming announcement next week.

Probably just a joke from the devs, however.

That's awesome. Wouldn't be surprised if it happens. The game is full of so many little details and easter egg that that does seem very intentional.

2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

It looks fantastic from what I've seen thus far. I was actually looking at PS4's for sale locally. :hsmoke:

I might break down and get my first Playstation since PS2. And my first console since X360.

How can you not have a playstation this gen this is like the 10th banger out for it

5 minutes ago, Vini said:

How can you not have a playstation this gen this is like the 10th banger out for it

Well I was moving around the country, like coast-to-coast so never really had an interest to invest into a console and a TV, until I had settled.

13 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Well I was moving around the country, like coast-to-coast so never really had an interest to invest into a console and a TV, until I had settled.

Definitely worth getting one now. They have reached a quality control level with exclusives that few systems (if any) have ever had. Incredible the difference between the early PS4 years and now. Plus the arguably even bigger hitters still to come (TLoU2, Death Stranding)

Definitely worth getting one now. They have reached a quality control level with exclusives that few systems (if any) have ever had. Incredible the difference between the early PS4 years and now. Plus the arguably even bigger hitters still to come (TLoU2, Death Stranding)

Yeah I was looking at an independent gaming shop here in town, and a bunch of titles - I've obviously not played; are $25-$30. So for like $500 I get a console and nearly a dozen games. 

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah I was looking at an independent gaming shop here in town, and a bunch of titles - I've obviously not played; are $25-$30. So for like $500 I get a console and nearly a dozen games. 

That's amazing value.

Don't forget that Sony recently announced the return of Playstation Hits which is a set price of $19.99 for many of it's most popular games. More to be added over time too. 

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/19/introducing-playstation-hits-great-games-at-a-great-price/

That's amazing value.

Don't forget that Sony recently announced the return of Playstation Hits which is a set price of $19.99 for many of it's most popular games. More to be added over time too. 

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/19/introducing-playstation-hits-great-games-at-a-great-price/

Oh damn.:lupe:

Thanks for the heads up :-*

So yeah I need from that list: Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, MGS 5, Yakuza 0, and how is Rachet & Clank?

Oh, also need God of War based on the universal love it received.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
25 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Fair enough you got some catching up Bloodborne, GoW and Horizon are must play IMO