And Dakur is back with his usual anti-American tankie apologetics, this time showing true class by doing it on September 11th.

Allende got only a third of the vote. The two people who ran against also each got a third of the vote, but slightly less. One was rightwing, the other was center-right. The former president was part of the same center-right party as the third candidate, but was termed out or he would've won easily.

The constitution stated that if no one won with a majority, the legislation would then pick the winner, and they picked Allende.

Allende then aligned himself with the fucking communists. 

This during the dog days of the Cold War.

The US also didn't initiate the coupe, but Nixon was absolutely right to support it. Would we have tolerated the Nazis gaining a stronghold in South America? Hell no. 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Saucer said:

And Dakur is back with his usual anti-American tankie apologetics, this time showing true class by doing it on September 11th.

Allende got only a third of the vote. The two people who ran against also each got a third of the vote, but slightly less. One was rightwing, the other was center-right. The former president was part of the same center-right party as the third candidate, but was termed out or he would've won easily.

The constitution stated that if no one won with a majority, the legislation would then pick the winner, and they picked Allende.

Allende then aligned himself with the fucking communists. 

This during the dog days of the Cold War.

The US also didn't initiate the coupe, but Nixon was absolutely right to support it. Would we have tolerated the Nazis gaining a stronghold in South America? Hell no. 

Funny how the US suddenly is the one to dictate how the democracy of other countries work. Hillary Clinton actually got more votes than Trump. I guess that justifies other country to promote a coup in the US and overthrow your government while killing a bunch of republicans. Fuck off with your cheap justifications.

Allende's coup happened in 9-11. Thanks to the US more people died there than in the US 9-11. It's good to remember both acts of international terror no matter how much apologists on each side try to justify one or the other.

Edited by dakur

I was too young to understand what was going on that day. We ate at a restaurant, then grabbed a cone of ice cream went home, turned the tv on ALL news and I thought it's die hard 4 or some shit.

my fam was kinda worried except for my older brother, he's 6 years older than me and knew what happened but he didn't care and played some tekken. that fat fuck doesn't give a shit about anything :tom: 

ps. tekken paid off for him, he went from a blop to arnold schwarzenegger... ok without the muscles.

Edited by kaz
2 hours ago, dakur said:

Funny how the US suddenly is the one to dictate how the democracy of other countries work. Hillary Clinton actually got more votes than Trump.

That's because the United States isn't a democracy and we have this thing called the electoral college to prevent mob rule.

it's an awful thing, but yeah, awful shit happens everywhere. still, since i'm an american, i will pay respects. however, i will never expect people, from other countries, to feel the same. it's not like i care about the shit that happens where they live (just being honest). 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's because the United States isn't a democracy and we have this thing called the electoral college to prevent mob rule.

Still doesn't justify the US interfering with other nations' electoral processes and by doing so causing the deaths of thousands of people.

Just now, dakur said:

Still doesn't justify the US interfering with other nations' electoral processes and by doing so causing the deaths of thousands of people.

Someone has to police the globe, it's a necessary evil and everyone knows it, and I don't think you'd want anyone else doing the job.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Someone has to police the globe, it's a necessary evil and everyone knows it, and I don't think you'd want anyone else doing the job.

No, that's why countries have sovereignty and they can choose through their electoral processes with which other countries they ally or not. Nobody appointed the US police of the globe, they appointed themselves. If you ask those thousands of murdered, disappeared and tortured chileans they would disagree that the US should have overthrown their democratically elected government.