Xbox Game Pass is expanding to PC... hmm what to make of this article??

https://m.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-expanding-pc

We all already know that Game Pass is available on PC for MS first party games... but could this signal MS bringing over more games into the service?  Backwards compatibility titles maybe?

Phil has said before that they were looking into BC on PC...  Maybe they'll start with select titles and go from there.  There must be some big 3rd party publishers on board to make this happen.. because now that it's official... they've got to "support" it.

Probably an announcement at X018...   Dynamite... Master Chief is coming home :reg: 

:blessed: 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Using the ones that people don't buy?     It's over.     My predictions for X018   -Halo MCC for PC -BC for PC -Sunset OD for PC   It's happening... P

Masterchief is, indeed, coming home to the PC   And this, this particular announcement, basically speeds up Microsoft transition into a third-party publishing platform.

Posted Images

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

We need a countdown timer - perhaps a clock that inches closer to midnight; on the site as to when we can remove the green colour.

LOL

They're pretty much beta testers for the Hermits now :juggle: 

14 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

We need a countdown timer - perhaps a clock that inches closer to midnight; on the site as to when we can remove the green colour.

I'm sure one the butthurt baby mods will do so eventually .

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

I'm sure one the butthurt baby mods will do so eventually .

I'm like 95% sure it would have to be an Admin role... 

But perhaps you can go back to posting in size 42 font and then complain about having the post subsequently edited :D 

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'm like 95% sure it would have to be an Admin role... 

But perhaps you can go back to posting in size 42 font and then complain about having the post subsequently edited :D 

I didn't post in 42 . That was all baby mods editing my posts because I trolled them to the point of breakdown .

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Streaming :deadest:

Nope.  Game Pass is DOWNLOAD and play.  MS has been very vocal about the benefit of game pass over services like PSNow is that you play the games natively.

The streaming service will be a completely different thing.

Be afraid Dynamite... Phil's coming for your ass :juggle: 

I don't see why gamepass isn't already on PC. That's more people paying and playing . Good for not only MS but also the 3rd party devs (which make up 90 percent of the games )

There's like what ...10 gamepass games on PC ? It's a joke . Why aren't all MS games on their ? Doesn't make sense 

Just now, Jon2B said:

I don't see why gamepass isn't already on PC. That's more people paying and playing . Good for not only MS but also the 3rd party devs (which make up 90 percent of the games )

There's like what ...10 gamepass games on PC ? It's a joke . Why aren't all MS games on their ? Doesn't make sense 

They are likely bringing them.  They probably got 3rd parties in on it too.  Their streaming service isn't ready yet.. and making it available on PC right now would completely undercut the new box that is supposed to launch alongside the X2.

My guess is that they are working on bringing the entire library over to PC natively, which will form the basis for their streaming service in the future.

19 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nope.  Game Pass is DOWNLOAD and play.  MS has been very vocal about the benefit of game pass over services like PSNow is that you play the games natively.

The streaming service will be a completely different thing.

Be afraid Dynamite... Phil's coming for your ass :juggle: 

It's streaming.

“I’d say our early work in... Xbox Live stuff for Windows was well intentioned, but anybody that’s a PC gamer (I play a lot of PC games myself) saw this kind of imposter console work coming over,” says Spencer. “You’ve probably seen us slow down on some of the progress we’ve made on some of our apps, and some other things because we’re reworking how we’re thinking about the PC audience to try to be more reflective of the PC community that’s out there instead of trying to pull people into the things that come from the console space.”

Microsoft is slowing down on changes to its Xbox app right now, but “the long-term goal is for us to be much more native in the PC gaming environment, as opposed to this thing that feels slightly different than what PC gamers are looking for.”

Xbox is going ALL IN on PC :blessed: 

30 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

@Bodycount NX Get in here, and get in on this :killzone:

what's left to lose? Chief collection (6.0 coaster that doesn't even work) and Sunset Overdrive?

Who cares at this point, Xbox is a dead platform. This is like worrying about where Sonic Adventure was headed after the Dreamcast went belly up.