DF - Red Dead Redemption Analyzed. 4K Texture pack was fake news.

Tobias isreal strikes again. :dame:

With that being said... The X version runs at Native 4K

1st part here: (Technical analysis)

2nd part here: (every version tested)

Key notes:

* XBX runs in native 4K
* PS4 Pro 1920 x 2160
* XBX best performance with a few drops in towns
* PS4 Pro next best thing with solid framerate in wilderness but again dropping some frames in towns.
* PS4/XB One have better overall performance than RDR1 had in 360/ps3 hardware. There are drops even to the low-mid 20s at some points though.
* Visual parity in terms of rendering for all versions. (same assets/foliage etc)
* PS4 1080p
* XB One 864p
* No evidence of dynamic resolution in any of the versions tested.
* DF consider the game a stunning achievement regardless and believe the XBX X version is the best and by a considerable margin.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TCHBFR  

DF consider the game a stunning achievement regardless and believe the XBX X version is the best and by a considerable margin. DF consider the game a stunning achievement regardless and believe t

Yeah, it's the lemmings     Keep barking sheepet

1 hour ago, Vini said:

Resetera cows not buying the game in protest until it's upgraded on PS4 Pro :D :D 

Those Rabbid fanboys are stupid.  Rockstar won't even notice that a few resetera cows didn't purchase it. 

Those cows protest will be in vain. 

There probably is a dynamic drop in resolution under some stressful loads in the X version. It wouldn't be the first time Digital Foundry has simply not found it even though they were adamant about their claim (Far Cry 5).

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

This game is going to move a lot of X's, especially with that $100 off deal with purchase of the game.

Yes it will move alot of Xs.... but the base system will still sell more. 

MS should have been pushing these type of games (Games that show the Xs power) through first party from X's launch. 

People will be satisfied with "just good enough" on Base X, Xs and Base PS4. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

There probably is a dynamic drop in resolution under some stressful loads in the X version. It wouldn't be the first time Digital Foundry has simply not found it even though they were adamant about their claim (Far Cry 5).

Maybe. But those texture and blur differences are ridiculous and biggest gap I've seen to date

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This game is going to move a lot of X's, especially with that $100 off deal with purchase of the game.

Trading in my One S for the X at Gamestop. $250 trade-in credit for the system when buying any X and they have a RDR2/Fallout 76 bundle for $460. $90 for an X upgrade. :lawd:

2 minutes ago, Vini said:

Maybe. But those texture and blur differences are ridiculous and biggest gap I've seen to date

Dude, you are posting Digital Foundry 800% zoom screenshots. LOL

Seriously...........this is what you are breaking out your massive celebration over? :tom:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Dude, you are posting Digital Foundry 800% zoom screenshots. LOL

Seriously...........this is what you are breaking out your massive celebration over? :tom:

Native 4k vs 1440p. Frame drops on PS4 pro vs Rick solid on 1x

TCHBO

1 minute ago, Vini said:

Native 4k vs 1440p. Frame drops on PS4 pro vs Rick solid on 1x

TCHBO

No they don't, they specifically said it drops frames in the X version.

And once again, its almost certain that the X version will have dynamic resolution and drop below 4K, so while you want to use the PS4pro's low end, I guess I can safely assume that the X's low end is most definitely not 4K.

I love how you're trying really hard at this.......way late.lol