DF - Red Dead Redemption Analyzed. 4K Texture pack was fake news.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TCHBFR  

DF consider the game a stunning achievement regardless and believe the XBX X version is the best and by a considerable margin. DF consider the game a stunning achievement regardless and believe t

Yeah, it's the lemmings     Keep barking sheepet

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

lol no you fucking fagoo, some extra grass is not comparable to a 100% resolution increase :hest:

minute differences in multiplats. while you bicker over this shit PS4 just got 15 more AA+ games not on Xbox One because of Microsoft's abysmal decisions.

If I had a choice between them making One X or One new exclusive game (not on PC) I'd take the latter. Good hardware means nothing when you have shit all but multiplat junk to play on it.

29 minutes ago, Bodycount NX said:

minute differences in multiplats. while you bicker over this shit PS4 just got 15 more AA+ games not on Xbox One because of Microsoft's abysmal decisions.

If I had a choice between them making One X or One new exclusive game (not on PC) I'd take the latter. Good hardware means nothing when you have shit all but multiplat junk to play on it.

You're such a moron of the absolute worst kind. The highest rated video game of the entire generation just landed and it's best on Xbox One X by a country mile. You can call multiplatform titles junk all you like because you're a fucking moron, but they constitute like 97% of all game releases and most are not "junk". 

pgNvEMj.png 

This is not a better game than this because it's exclusive to something

IEd19LG.png

This is not worse because it's not exclusive

They're both just games and what's important is not only the quality of the game itself, but also the way in which it is presented. Exclusives can be great and they can also be junk, multiplatforms can be great and they can also be junk, a game being locked down to one platform is for the benefit of no one but the company in which the game is exclusive to, it removes the ability of choice from the consumer. So if Red Dead Redemption 2 were exclusive to PlayStation 4 we would be stuck with no choice, we would have vaseline or more transparent vaseline, neither of which are optimal choices. However because the game is also on Xbox One the option to play it on the Xbox One X is there, and the game now visually and performatively matches its praise, excellence and quality as a title.

You're dumb.  

Edited by DynamiteCop!
12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

NX Gamer's findings corroborate Digital Foundry's exactly. 

:deadest::hest:

Actually, 4 minutes into the video he says "no evidence of dynamic scaling so far, but I wouldn't rule it out. It could happen somewhere."

And he says that he's only got two days of footage to examine, and he was examining all 4 versions, so he hadn't gotten well into the game. You can clearly tell that he's only taken footage in Valentine.

AND he actually tells us something that Digital Foundry never told us. PS4pro in downsampled mode is the only version that provides a locked 30fps at all time. Which is perfect for me.:blessed:

Edited by jehurey
31 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

NX Gamer's findings corroborate Digital Foundry's exactly. 

:deadest::hest:

I like how I say "I'll wait to see what  VGTech says about the situation"... and then you post NXGamer.. like as if that's has any bearing on my stipulation. :tom: 

And you notice I didn't go running around saying that DF was wrong?  So....  there goes your idea that I'm just hating on Xbox.  I already admitted in the thread that I'm surprised that it's locked native.

I get the feeling that you think I thought it would be some far off number from 4K when I said it wont be native 4K...  Like as if I'm vastly underestimating what the console can do... That was never the case.  I simply expected it to employ a dynamic resolution in shader bound scenarios.  I'm good with the fact that it doesn't.

What I couldn't have expected though is just how soft the PRO version would turn out to be.  I certainly didn't think that it would be as big of a difference as it is, because I thought that Rockstar wouldn't implement a reconstruction technique so pathetically.  It absolutely wasn't the right call for this game.  Native 1440p would be much better.

Oh well.

It doesn't matter at the end of the day... because it's coming to PC... and it will be the best version, easily :juggle: