Rockstar is aware of the PS4 Pro/HDR issues and is working on it

https://rockstarintel.com/rockstar-games-working-to-fix-red-dead-redemption-2-hdr-issues/

"We are currently hard at work fixing [the issues]."

I'm guessing they're going to hardline the Pro version at either 2560x1440 or 2716x1528 (roughly same pixel count as 1920x2160 but in a fixed 16:9 aspect ratio)

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Issues are separate. The Blur issue is not the HDR issue. HDR issue is all systems and the blur issue is apparently there for certain Pro owners with or without HDR. 

I seriously have no idea what ppl are talking about personally regarding the blur issue. Mine looks nothing like that vid. 

Regardless it's good that RDR acknowledges them and is working a fix. Personally hope they give us proper HDR first. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Issues are separate. The Blur issue is not the HDR issue. HDR issue is all systems and the blur issue is apparently there for certain Pro owners with or without HDR. 

I seriously have no idea what ppl are talking about personally regarding the blur issue. Mine looks nothing like that vid. 

Regardless it's good that RDR acknowledges them and is working a fix. Personally hope they give us proper HDR first. 

I agree. HDR is the most significant visual advantage of this generation. The games that do this right look insane.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I agree. HDR is the most significant visual advantage of this generation. The games that do this right look insane.

The ones that have done it the best so far have been Sony first party too. Horizon, GoW and Spiderman. Don't know why so many 3rd party devs with multiplat games seem to be having issues with it. 

19 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Go to any location on the map and take a screenshot and upload it, I'll take one on my system in the exact same location and the blur will become very apparent. Youtube videos have a lot of compression, a .PNG will clear things up.

It may seem clear to you but you only have reference to what you're playing. 

3 hours ago, Carlos Vela said:

How can some of you say it still looks better on your TV with HDR enabled

At second glance I may have been wrong. Tried without HDR and shadows and darker scenes definitely look better. Plus that guy knows his shit 

12 hours ago, madmaltese said:

The ones that have done it the best so far have been Sony first party too. Horizon, GoW and Spiderman. Don't know why so many 3rd party devs with multiplat games seem to be having issues with it. 

word. add detroit. the game's hdr is amazing. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Vini said:

At second glance I may have been wrong. Tried without HDR and shadows and darker scenes definitely look better. Plus that guy knows his shit 

Yeah when I turned off HDR I was like ok yeah that’s a little better.

But once I started fiddling with TV Settings  the picture got much better than it was with HDR on

16 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Go to any location on the map and take a screenshot and upload it, I'll take one on my system in the exact same location and the blur will become very apparent. Youtube videos have a lot of compression, a .PNG will clear things up.

It may seem clear to you but you only have reference to what you're playing. 

I have no doubt the X version looks better however the blur issue ppl are complaining about isnt a 'it looks blurry compared to the X version', it's 'it looks blurry compared to any other game on Pro also'. 

Regarding the screenshot though, imagine I am someone who has never pressed the Share button on my PS4 controller lol How exactly do I go about taking a screenshot of a game from PS4 then posting that on SW

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

I have no doubt the X version looks better however the blur issue ppl are complaining about isnt a 'it looks blurry compared to the X version', it's 'it looks blurry compared to any other game on Pro also'. 

Regarding the screenshot though, imagine I am someone who has never pressed the Share button on my PS4 controller lol How exactly do I go about taking a screenshot of a game from PS4 then posting that on SW

Copy them to a USB in the storage menu via settings.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

This is how off and on look for me:

Top is HDR off.

Bottom is HDR on

2F3961CC-2079-41F8-A66D-5FA332ED3033.jpeg

4727C6FE-98B1-42ED-8234-70B3BE1F7CB9.jpeg

I think the bottom looks better, that's how colors are actually represented in the real world. The top is over-saturated and the contrast is way too heavy, there's so much detail lost in those crushed blacks.

With HDR on the game looks realistic and gritty, with it off it becomes GTA looking, cartoonish. The real world isn't really that vibrant of a place, it's fairly muted.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I think the bottom looks better, that's how colors are actually represented in the real world. The top is over-saturated and the contrast is way too heavy, there's so much detail lost in those crushed blacks.

With HDR on the game looks realistic and gritty, with it off it becomes GTA looking, cartoonish.

Yeah that's my exact feelings, been playing the whole time with HDR on and am keeping it that way. Definitely gives a far more realistic look to the game, especially in certain towns like Rhodes for eg. The dust and streets look much more realistic as opposed to the more colourful but over saturated look with HDR off.

Problem is ppl have gotten use to HDR making the colours pop. I guarantee most ppl seeing those 2 pics would think the top is HDR on just cause the green looks greener