Sunset Overdrive PC pre-order listed on Amazon with November 16th release date. $20 all DLC included

THQ Nordic is publishing a retail version... which is interesting.

It releasing so soon makes it weird that MS didn't say anything about it at X018.  You'd think that if it was getting an X1X patch that they would have announced that there?  Perhaps it's not getting an X1X patch and MS just gave Insomniac their blessing in releasing a PC version?  LOL  That would be hilarious if true :hehe: 

14 minutes ago, Beta Bux Romeo said:

Looks like MS didn't want to cockslap Lemmings across the face at their own event.

Yep.  I thought the absence of any kind of announcement at X018 was strange.  Now that I think about it, I don't even know if there has been any confirmation of a Windows Store version at all to begin with?  Maybe MS really just doesn't want anything more to do with Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive?  Again, you'd think that if there was an X patch in the works... they would have announced something?

The lack of any real announcements from anywhere, leads me to believe that this is Insomniac releasing the game on PC on their own, and MS may not have much of anything to do with it outside of giving their blessing for them to do it.  The price is right.. $20 with the DLC included ( @bhytreHBR :kaz: )... and it's coming to Steam.  Those are some dead giveaways.  If MS was really the one pushing this out there, you'd have heard about it at X018 and they would have definitely talked about an X patch.

Watch Sony buy Insomniac, Insomniac then builds up 2 separate dev houses, one for Marvel games, and another for new IP, and they make Sunset Overdrive 2 on PS5, and it becomes a massive hit selling 5 million :hest: 

I could almost see something like that happening.  A massive success like that (Spider-man, and games like Horizon Zero Dawn for Guerrilla Games) changes a company... it gives them confidence.. and changes the way they approach development.  And people invest in companies which are extremely confident in their products.  We've seen it time and time and again.  Sony builds up these companies confidence.. and things start turning around.

Insomniac would be a great fit for Sony.  I'm also expecting Kojima to announce that KojiPro will become a first party Sony development studio at some point after the release of Death Stranding.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Watch Sony buy Insomniac, Insomniac then builds up 2 separate dev houses, one for Marvel games, and another for new IP, and they make Sunset Overdrive 2 on PS5, and it becomes a massive hit selling 5 million :hest: 

I could almost see something like that happening.  A massive success like that (Spider-man, and games like Horizon Zero Dawn for Guerrilla Games) changes a company... it gives them confidence.. and changes the way they approach development.  And people invest in companies which are extremely confident in their products.  We've seen it time and time and again.  Sony builds up these companies confidence.. and things start turning around.

Insomniac would be a great fit for Sony.  I'm also expecting Kojima to announce that KojiPro will become a first party Sony development studio at some point after the release of Death Stranding.

Hmmpf. Not as impressive at Microsoft buying a Chris Avellone-less Obsidian Studios:idid: