Switch surpasses Wii in best-selling Nintendo console in US on BF+CM. +115% HW over 2017

Can you imagine what they will do when they release the real Pokemon game next year?

I think Wii owns the record for highest one month NPD sales at 3.81 million.  Now that happened because New Super Mario Bros Wii just came out the month before that.

I think if Nintendo released a supremely good looking mainstream Pokemon game and another major game next year AND probably do a slash in price, they might get close to those numbers next December.

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Just quoting Benji. :lupe:

and his most recent comments. 

"We dont really need to come up with anything other than the 800k+ for Thanksgiving week as that's fact. Nothing else needs to be worked out to know it was over 1 million for the month by the end of the week. Add in Cyber Monday and you are probably looking at Switch being above 1 million by a large margin"

Just like I said, over 800K for Thanksgiving week ALONE. 

Way over 1 million for the month. 

Someone is surprisingly missing from this thread :D

Dynoland:

'Switch came in 3rd place last year for its first holiday season and you think it's going to do better when its hype has subsided and it's no longer the "it" holiday item?'

'You seek validation too much, PS4 #1, Xbox One #2, Switch #3.

Take it to the bank.'

Reality:

-Nintendo Switch set two new records from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday: It became the best-selling Nintendo console in U.S. history for that five-day period, surpassing even Wii system sales. Nintendo Switch also had its best-selling week ever in the United States.

:hest:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Someone is surprisingly missing from this thread :D

Dynoland:

'Switch came in 3rd place last year for its first holiday season and you think it's going to do better when its hype has subsided and it's no longer the "it" holiday item?'

'You seek validation too much, PS4 #1, Xbox One #2, Switch #3.

Take it to the bank.'

Reality:

-Nintendo Switch set two new records from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday: It became the best-selling Nintendo console in U.S. history for that five-day period, surpassing even Wii system sales. Nintendo Switch also had its best-selling week ever in the United States.

:hest:

Looks like @DynamiteCop!  fell off a cliff... lmfao. 

Last week he tried to argue with me that he never said that Pokémon wouldn't sell and that Switch would decline for the Holidays etc.. :mj:

Edited by Goukosan
31 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He is going to waltz into a different thread a few days later and try to pretend nothing happened.

This right here.  It's his go-to.  Lay low for a few days after embarrassing himself then waltz up into another sales thread like nothing happened and start throwing out predictions.

13 hours ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

...Why would you buy a second switch?

Impulse buy. :rub:

I'll probably give it to my sister for Christmas or something. It was too cheap to pass up.

Edited by lynux3
20 hours ago, Goukosan said:

and his most recent comments. 

"We dont really need to come up with anything other than the 800k+ for Thanksgiving week as that's fact. Nothing else needs to be worked out to know it was over 1 million for the month by the end of the week. Add in Cyber Monday and you are probably looking at Switch being above 1 million by a large margin"

Just like I said, over 800K for Thanksgiving week ALONE. 

Way over 1 million for the month. 

This isn't confirmed yet. Switch could theoretically be lower than we are working out. As other pointed out Switch doing over 800k BF week isnt confirmed as it's a 7 day tracking period for Wii and a 5 day one for Switch. It's likely its close to 800k but could be under it by a decent margin. At the end of the day it's almost impossible to know until the NPD release

:lupe: