PS classic flop of the year

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No word on the hacking front?

This is like a 95% chance of me just returning it back to the store for a refund.  I'm getting it in the mail today.

Hasn’t it already been confirmed it’s just using an emulator? Should be fairly easy then to just add the ISOs to the console depending on the flash storage in the console itself. 

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

Hasn’t it already been confirmed it’s just using an emulator? Should be fairly easy then to just add the ISOs to the console depending on the flash storage in the console itself. 

Yeah, the open source emulator; and yet some of the games run as PAL and others are NTSC. :| :D 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-playstation-classic-emulation-first-look

What's baffling is the inclusion of PAL versions at all, particularly when the vast majority of the PAL titles in this list were actually developed in Japan or the United States. So what's the problem here? Well, these days all console systems run at 60Hz - a format accepted by HDTVs the world over. Back in the day, PAL territories used TVs that ran at 50Hz instead, and the easiest way to 'port' games over to PAL systems was to simply run them more slowly. Most PAL games run at 83.3 per cent of the full-speed of the NTSC versions in terms of frame-rate, and most of the time in terms of actual gameplay speed too. Side-by-side with the NTSC equivalents, PAL versions are generally slow and plodding and don't properly represent a US or Japanese developer's original vision.

:kaz:

Well, the reason why the NES and SNES classic are easy to hack is because you just hook it up to the USB connector that it uses for power.

I just want to be sure that the PSone classic has that same ability, and to see if the mainboard has sufficient processing power to handle 60Hz versions of the most demanding PS1 games.

Also, it'd be cool is maybe a PS3 dualshock with a USB cord could potentially work with PS1 games that require analog.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Would be.....if Labo didn't exist.

Yeah when I first saw that shit, I thought it was a photoshop of wii/switch controllers to call them low grade or something, not an actual 'item' that was released. :| :D 

PS1 is still the greatest console of all time. 

They should consider releasing a revision for the mini. With a better games line-up, Dualshock controllers and rectify on all the complains this thing is getting. No pal versions and some graphics options.

They fucked up hard, I don't even want it anymore.

Well, hopefully somebody can make a bootloader to upload your own ROMs.

And the ability to change games to NTSC, it that an emulator setting? Isn't the ROM itself based on the PAL version?

Hopefully they change the setting to NTSC and test those games to see if performance turns out okay.

32 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

:D Why did Sony never mention it? This should be part of the main menu. Goddamn.

Buying one now though. :face: The PAL versions were scaring me.