A beloved Xbox IP introduced this gen is getting a bold sequel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

E3 2019: Announcing Sunset Overdrive 2, exclusively on Xbox One, Windows 10, Steam, and Playstation 4!

i remember having to pretend killer instinct was good.  Fuck, that game's terrible. 

Klobrille- "A beloved Xbox IP game you have probably played in the last 4 years or so will get its bold second title in next-gen. The successor is deep in development and I expect you will hear a

44 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Oh shit yea.. Killer Instinct :reg: 

I bet that's what it is.  SSOD isn't a MS IP and Quantum Break isn't beloved in any sense.  It's Killer Instinct.

He didn't say it was an MS IP and he specified it's a second game. There's like 5 Killer Instinct's. Also that's not true about Quantum Break, owner ratings are all higher than critic ratings. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

He didn't say it was an MS IP and he specified it's a second game. There's like 5 Killer Instinct's. Also that's not true about Quantum Break, owner ratings are all higher than critic ratings. 

Klobrille-

"A beloved Xbox IP game you have probably played in the last 4 years or so will get its bold second title in next-gen. The successor is deep in development and I expect you will hear about it around 2020."

:| 

Killer Instinct XO is the first MS KI....

It could be Quantum Break... but nah, it's not what anyone would consider as beloved.  KI is a beloved franchise.

A KI sequel isn't something I would consider "bold" though... so hmm.. yea it could be QB :wonder: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Killer Instinct XO is the first MS KI....

It could be Quantum Break... but nah, it's not what anyone would consider as beloved.  KI is a beloved franchise.

"second game" seems pretty specific and exclusive in terms of language. That's like saying a new Banjo Kazooie would be the second game because MS only developed Nuts and Bolts. No, it would be fourth one.

Sequel and second game can be used synonymously but one is very specific. He also said beloved game, not series, KI has not been met with love communally or critically nor is it a very active game.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"second game" seems pretty specific and exclusive in terms of language. That's like saying a new Banjo Kazooie would be the second game because MS only developed Nuts and Bolts. No, it would be fourth one.

Sequel and second game can be used synonymously but one is very specific. He also said beloved game, not series, KI has not been met with love communally or critically nor is it a very active game.

Fair points.  Maybe we'll get both? :vince: 

:smoke: 

For me QB2 doesn't fit the 'beloved' or 'bold' parts of the comment. Plus also not fitting into deep development if it's by Remedy. 

KI is actually an interesting one. Possible if you count KI as the single title of the Xbox IP.

Sunset fills the beloved and bold aspects most imo however Insomniac own the IP, not Xbox. However the 4 years matches perfectly with SSOD coming out in 2014 plus it could very well be deep in development by now. 

Recore ain't beloved at all.

Cuphead 2 is just obvious eventually so surely can't be that. 

I'm still thinking it could be a non Xbox One gen IP though. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

For me QB2 doesn't fit the 'beloved' or 'bold' parts of the comment. Plus also not fitting into deep development if it's by Remedy. 

KI is actually an interesting one. Possible if you count KI as the single title of the Xbox IP.

Sunset fills the beloved and bold aspects most imo however Insomniac own the IP, not Xbox. However the 4 years matches perfectly with SSOD coming out in 2014 plus it could very well be deep in development by now. 

Recore ain't beloved at all.

Cuphead 2 is just obvious eventually so surely can't be that. 

I'm still thinking it could be a non Xbox One gen IP though. 

Well, Remedy is confirmed to have a 3rd game they are currently working on.  2020 before we see or hear anything about it could mean QB2.  It's not that much of a stretch.  Maybe MS is feeling emboldened with Gamepass now to give it another shot?

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Well, Remedy is confirmed to have a 3rd game they are currently working on.  2020 before we see or hear anything about it could mean QB2.  It's not that much of a stretch.  Maybe MS is feeling emboldened with Gamepass now to give it another shot?

Yeah not a huge stretch. QB till Control announcement took 2 years so maybe they can do 1 year between Control and QB2. Remedy really did sound like they wanted to go multiplat though, would be strange committing to a sequel before seeing the performance of Control.

A theory a bit more out there. 

Rare Replay came out in 2015 so fits the 4 year thing. Technically they are Xbox IPs and there is many on it that are beloved and would be bold to make a sequel. Any contenders? We are getting Battletoads already. 

What I'd give for Kameo 2 (would fit Xbox IP, second title, Beloved and definitely bold)

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah not a huge stretch. QB till Control announcement took 2 years so maybe they can do 1 year between Control and QB2. Remedy really did sound like they wanted to go multiplat though, would be strange committing to a sequel before seeing the performance of Control.

A theory a bit more out there. 

Rare Replay came out in 2015 so fits the 4 year thing. Technically they are Xbox IPs and there is many on it that are beloved and would be bold to make a sequel. Any contenders? We are getting Battletoads already. 

What I'd give for Kameo 2

Kameo 2 would be fucking amazing, so would a RR2.

Yea, I'm not sure.  It could be a few things at this point.  They are all possible.  Whatever, I'm down for more games and devs getting more chances to build upon current IP B) 

• Upvote 1