Post your top 10 sci fi movies

Sunshine

Moon

Star Trek The Motion Picture Director's Cut (or Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country)

Bladerunner

The Matrix

The Thing

Robocop

Alien

Akira

Minority Report

I usually think of movies set in space and in a definite future-setting when I think of the genre of sci-fi.  I understand that Jurassic Park qualifies as sci-fi.  In which case, I'd consider movies like Back to the Future and Inception to be sci-fi.

Star Wars is space fantasy. Its not sci-fi. I haven't seen Gattaca, but I have been aware of it being a great sci-fi movie.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sunshine

Moon

Star Trek The Motion Picture Director's Cut (or Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country)

Bladerunner

The Matrix

The Thing

Robocop

Alien

Akira

Minority Report

I usually think of movies set in space and in a definite future-setting when I think of the genre of sci-fi.  I understand that Jurassic Park qualifies as sci-fi.  In which case, I'd consider movies like Back to the Future and Inception to be sci-fi.

Star Wars is space fantasy. Its not sci-fi. I haven't seen Gattaca, but I have been aware of it being a great sci-fi movie.

ok I read akira and I was like jerry knows his shit but then you say you never watched gattaca........ please I wonder how many people never saw that movie

It's by far the best movie ever made. I don't give a shit about your opinion or your taste - watch that movie

ALSO I can't believe it. this movie was on tv like 4-5 times a year in germany. It's such a good movie. watch that shit. ok it's an exaggeration maybe 2 times but STILL watch it

Edited by kaz

how can you actually list 10 movies. I can't. this genre has too many gems. this thread is horror for me 

also: source code is a bad movie. gyllenhaal (what a fkn weird name, yes I looked it up) is a great actor but that movie fucking stinks. 

I'm sorry. top 10 fuck that shit

Edited by kaz
1 hour ago, Carlos Vela said:

Mad max

Looper

Arrival

Ex Machina

Moon

Edge of Tomorrow

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Interstellar

Source Code

Matrix

The Prestige

it's over 10. Ban. 

25 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

Haven't seen a lot of films ITT plus stuff like The Fifth Element, Primer and The Fountain.  New Year's resolution to fix that?  

you never saw the fifth element :cosby2: