1070 or 2060

I probably will build my next PC . For the price I got my Dell it wouldn't have been any cheaper to build my own .

I'm pretty confident in building my own the only issue I think I'm nervous about is cpu .

But I probably won't build a new PC for another few years ...if at all .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1070 is better value for what im going to use it for. It should be able to do 108060 for the rest of this gen. They will probably  both give me the same experience 

2060 will have a longer lifespan but the 1070 is cheaper and since you will only be doing 1080p60 gaming, I say go with the 1070.

It has 3- 6. Id get the 6gb. 4gb is not enough for 1080p, believe me I know I have a 3gb 1060.   6 will probably make it through the gen tho/

15 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I probably will build my next PC . For the price I got my Dell it wouldn't have been any cheaper to build my own .

I'm pretty confident in building my own the only issue I think I'm nervous about is cpu .

But I probably won't build a new PC for another few years ...if at all .

CPU is easy. Drop it in the socket in the correct orientation and lock it. There's too many "build your own PC" videos on YouTube to fuck it up. Literally the most difficult part of building a new box is cable management.

The confusing part to me is picking compatible motherboard and paste etc...

I've watched enough videos to think I can do it but for me it's easier to buy a prebuilt and just upgrade ram and video card because I'm not trying to build a high end gaming PC as I don't think it's worth the money .

I'm sure I could do a quick Google search for the answers but I'm hesitant about spending 1500 dollars and making a mistake .

Dell Lord all the way . If I get a new PC for next gen I'll build it myself but idk if I'm even going to want to game on PC next gen .

Consoles are just easier , and a lot cheaper 

23 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

The confusing part to me is picking compatible motherboard and paste etc...

I've watched enough videos to think I can do it but for me it's easier to buy a prebuilt and just upgrade ram and video card because I'm not trying to build a high end gaming PC as I don't think it's worth the money .

I'm sure I could do a quick Google search for the answers but I'm hesitant about spending 1500 dollars and making a mistake .

Dell Lord all the way . If I get a new PC for next gen I'll build it myself but idk if I'm even going to want to game on PC next gen .

Consoles are just easier , and a lot cheaper 

Then you should have gone with something like this or this.

13 hours ago, Jon2B said:

Yeah the 1070 will be able to do 108060 for most games for the rest of the gen. The 2060 is better for sure but at 1080p will it even matter for now I doubt it.

Ill wait to see if they actually launch at 350, if they do maybe ill just get that.

If you can get a 2060 6 GB then yeah. 

4 hours ago, Jon2B said:

I don't see how it's a waste of money if I'm gonna use it . 

Idk it seems you rarely play games on pc and your graphics card gets the job done. My opinion. 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

Idk it seems you rarely play games on pc and your graphics card gets the job done. My opinion. 

I have to set textures to low or medium in modern games and that bothers me :reg: