Anthem is better on Pro

Anthem is really fun but damn there are so many odd design choices here.

1. There is no "director" like in Destiny. You have to walk to your suit to launch anything.
  2. The loading in missions are really jarring and takes you out of the experience. 
  3. The loot you pick up  do not register immediately like in Destiny. You have to complete the mission or select quit mission the proper way. So if you got kicked or encounter any connection issue mid mission, you lose everything.   This is a huge problem for a loot based game if connection issues are as frequent as in the demo.
Edited by Pureis
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every Single Game this Year Runs Better on PS4 Pro     It's a monster It's a mon-mon... monster It's a monster     It's a monster It's a mon-mon... mo

The Resetera lemmings are livid LMAO

learn to read.    Runs better.    Runs.    R U N S  

Digital Foundry updated their article and their video.  They now say that the Xbox One X actually runs at a native 4K, while the PRO version remains at 1800p.  Richard says the stippling effect they saw is a part of something in the post processing settings and isn't there when you turn it off (which you can do on consoles apparently)

So yea, the X1X is definitely rendering higher.  I was pretty much right on when I said that it was a 30-40% higher at most.  That said... considering the resolution.. performance is not too bad on the X.  Of course, low 20's up to an uneven 30 is terrible, but considering just how poorly the game runs across all platforms, you have to look at it in perspective.

What this hopefully means for fans of the consoles is that they have some wiggle room to optimize, and potentially lower resolution to get it stable.

4 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

They really need to drop the res. Who wants 4k if it means 25 fps avg

I just went to load this up and play and the demo Is down. damn

Yea.  This demo actually got me kind of interested in the game.  There's still quite a few issues though, but I honestly love how the game feels.  There was a cool "live event" that happened today where there was this huge firestorm which spawned in big ass Titan enemies.  They say that's a tease of some of the ways they're going to make the world interesting and unpredictable.

I have a feeling the game is going to flop before Bioware can salvage it.  I hope not though... if they have an interesting story it could be a cool new IP.

11 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

They really need to drop the res. Who wants 4k if it means 25 fps avg

I just went to load this up and play and the demo Is down. damn

I don't think they do, I have no doubt the performance issues will be knocked out come release. They're not a Japanese developer, they don't just leave shit broken. 

Actually, regarding the game, the thing I hate the most about it is the loading screens.  Even on my fastest M.2 drive load times were still painfully slow... and then there's the fact that there's actually in world fucking loading screens.  I mean... are you god damn well kidding me?

It's not even like the game warns you that you're about to enter a loading zone.. you're just flying along and then the screen pops up.. like fuck whatever it was you were doing :D 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Actually, regarding the game, the thing I hate the most about it is the loading screens.  Even on my fastest M.2 drive load times were still painfully slow... and then there's the fact that there's actually in world fucking loading screens.  I mean... are you god damn well kidding me?

It's not even like the game warns you that you're about to enter a loading zone.. you're just flying along and then the screen pops up.. like fuck whatever it was you were doing :D 

I'm pretty sure there's floating icons which represent loading zones.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm pretty sure there's floating icons which represent loading zones.

Huh, really?  I never noticed.  Still though, they are jarring how it cuts to loading like that.  Not a huge deal.. but annoying none the less.

The game is pretty slow to load on my SSD . The first time I went in that tunnel I was like wtf, load screens? Reef

I don't think the performance will be ironed out on Xbox or PS4. I think the demo Is gonna be what it is. This game needed more time.

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

The game is pretty slow to load on my SSD . The first time I went in that tunnel I was like wtf, load screens? Reef

I don't think the performance will be ironed out on Xbox or PS4. I think the demo Is gonna be what it is. This game needed more time.

Weekend avatar bet? I think they'll hammer it out.

29 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

What.....

This better not be in the final version.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

What.....

This better not be in the final version.

Oh it most certainly will be.

Frostbite isn't an engine built for streaming large worlds.

For the most part, you can know when it's going to happen... like when you're flying into a tunnel or some other enclosed area... but there's parts where you're just flying along and there's a real quick one.  It's jarring.