Shawn 'I wear size medium Tshirts even though I need an XL' Layden on that Phil Spencer tip, MS and Sony already signed a deal for Gamepass on PS4

Layden's Speech

DzOO2H5X0AEOgCU.jpg:large

Focus on last paragraph.

KOOMBAYAH MY LORD!! Kooombayah! :rofl: Looks like the deal is already signed. Gamepass is headed to PS4.

shawn-layden-crash-shirt-770x372.jpg

this isn't a competition anymore. 

Sony = consoles

Nintendo=handhelds

MS? A service for both. Phil has got his wish, the systemwars are over. :( 

According to Windows Central, Microsoft allegedly looked into mending the two by bringing over the Xbox Game Pass, a subscription service that has seen massive amounts of success from gamers worldwide, to the PlayStation 4. According to the site, this negotiation has been going on for over a year internally, though has not seen any fruition as of yet.

man-with-fingers-in-ears.jpg

WINDOWS. CENTRAL. :hest: 

Keep denying the truth

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This crap is all a part of the same rumor that's been circulating for days... I can't even process how dumb you are.

no.

something has changed between these guys. They were cutthroat as hell even one or two years ago.

the fact that they're talking like this isn't just odd, it's downright a giveaway of what's to come.

you don't go buddy buddy like this in business. You're in it to win it.

Just so happens that MS isn't in their market as a competitor anymore. MS is a partner, providing services for their platform. :puke: 

1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

no.

something has changed between these guys. They were cutthroat as hell even one or two years ago.

the fact that they're talking like this isn't just odd, it's downright a giveaway of what's to come.

you don't go buddy buddy like this in business. You're in it to win it.

Just so happens that MS isn't in their market as a competitor anymore. MS is a partner, providing services for their platform. :puke: 

Or what's happening is they've all realized they can cut out their own business ventures without trying to kill each other much like the cable industry. 

That's what's happening. 

36 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Xbox is dead the lemshit faction is no more:sabu:

Good riddance

But who tf would want a Xbox service on a PS4? Who tf woud like to play Crackdown 3 instead of GOW or Horizon? This service is going to be an utter failure unless MS keeps it at $1 for hobo lemmings

With Sony allowing cross play for select games like Fornite, Halo and Gears cross play is obviously not a question. Apparently EA Access is coming Playstation so Sony policies are changing. MS has shown that XCloud is just a distribution service with Switch with native ports, Halo Infinite would be a native port on Switch if it had the hardware.

The psychological taboo has been broken with Nintendo getting Halo. I think if MS will offer Sony a similiar or slightly better deal than Nintendo this is going to happen. XCloud is apparently coming in 2021 in form of a streaming box after the hardware, the actual service will probably launch in either late 2019 or 2020. So PS5 will get native ports and XCloud, eventually as more ports happen it will turn from primarily a streaming service into a native download one.

I think the negotiations aren't for PS4, they're for PS5, so there is still plenty of time before late 2020 when MS will launch their console.

MS didn't go into this offer to fail, they entered to have a long hard business deal that could be struck. I think Sony will get what they want in the end with MS compromising. Plus the technical side is hardware here with PSN and Live back end.

E3 2020 I can totally see a deal and some ports in the work by then.

Phil Spencer is literally the Gorbachev of the gaming industry.

Edited by Team 2019
7 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

According to Windows Central, Microsoft allegedly looked into mending the two by bringing over the Xbox Game Pass, a subscription service that has seen massive amounts of success from gamers worldwide, to the PlayStation 4. According to the site, this negotiation has been going on for over a year internally, though has not seen any fruition as of yet.

man-with-fingers-in-ears.jpg

WINDOWS. CENTRAL. :hest: 

Keep denying the truth

Yeah like MS approved leakers would ever mention Game Pass to Playstation without MS's approval.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

I didnt expect native ports though, that's like the ultimate ownage. Looks like they are even willing to compromise on shit being solely XCloud.

Nah, it makes sense.  America's infrastructure for streaming is shit.  It's just downright shit.  If you want Game Pass to succeed in the near-term, you need to be able to download the games.  Until some Eisenhower-actin' motherfucker gets into the white house and says "fuggit, we building out an interstate fiber network", streaming just won't be there.

Anyways gamepass and ports are now something we can't exclude for PS5. The fact there are even negotiations that are confirmed, is in itself crazy though expected.

That would be a lot bigger than just Switch getting streamed versions of Halo Infinite.

MS probably sees Sony as a successful platform, but a "small fry" in their plans of global gaming domination. :killzone: