Digital Foundry: Anthem is best on Pro

Just now, Quad Damage said:

siding with xbox every time doesnt mean you have a brain of your own, it means youre a shill and a child.

Let's get down to brass tacks here, real talk.

Let's really discuss things, the Pro is rendering out less than half the pixels of the X, less than HALF to get a shaky 1 FPS advantage under load. That's such a nuanced difference in framerate it would be imperceptible, especially considering in most cases they're holding identical framerates at or around 30. To get a 2-3 FPS advantage in load bearing sequences the Pro has to again drop its rendering resolution to roughly half of its '4K' mode to get an almost entirely stable 30 FPS. 

To add to the above as they noted Xbox One X doesn't have problems caching scenes, everything loads in immediately as it should while on Pro it either doesn't load in period or it lags behind. 

Of course I'm going to side with Xbox, the sacrifices being made on PlayStation don't justify the 'gain'. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure I can!       No!  I can't!  

Didn't I specifically predict this?   -PS4pro comes out first, will get decent support from devs, but the best support will come from first-party -Xbox One X comes out next, the develop

"Buy Xbox One S, Get [the worst version of] Anthem! "  

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

You are arguing the opposite of what you used to . I'm fine with DF.  Xbox wins 95 percent of the time .

Isn't it glorious to see the Dyno salt because of that 5% :D He can't handle it and then goes to question to source which puts to doubt the 95% which is in his favour :drake: Pure comedy. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Isn't it glorious to see the Dyno salt because of that 5% :D He can't handle it and then goes to question to source which puts to doubt the 95% which is in his favour :drake: Pure comedy. 

I don't generally question their results, I question their 'hot takes' on things and opinions. They generally do good work on the technical side of things, I however care very little for what they think. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Let's get down to brass tacks here, real talk.

Let's really discuss things, the Pro is rendering out less than half the pixels of the X, less than HALF to get a shaky 1 FPS advantage under load. That's such a nuanced difference in framerate it would be imperceptible, especially considering in most cases they're holding identical framerates at or around 30. To get a 2-3 FPS advantage in load bearing sequences the Pro has to again drop its rendering resolution to roughly half of its '4K' mode to get an almost entirely stable 30 FPS. 

To add to the above as they noted Xbox One X doesn't have problems caching scenes, everything loads in immediately as it should while on Pro it either doesn't load in period or it lags behind. 

Of course I'm going to side with Xbox, the sacrifices being made on PlayStation don't justify the 'gain'. 

except this isnt strictly a case of 4k mode, because that wasnt the victor.

taking into account all factors, including visuals and performanc, the best expereince on consoles is found on ps4 pro. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't generally question their results, I question their 'hot takes' on things and opinions. They generally do good work on the technical side of things, I however care very little for what they think. 

Except when they think that the One X version is vastly superior....

whats also funny is this df result is coming straight from the notorious xbox fanboy on the staff richard leadbetter

if they had anyone like deeno who would try to minimize ps superiority and exaggerate xbox superiority, it would be him :D

Edited by Quad Damage
26 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

xbox one x has 1 AAA showpiece multiplat after 15 months, pro is picking up multiple df wins in 2019 - and youre claiming one x wasnt a mistake? $500 for one multiplat and one racer per year? :dead:

youre bragging about resolution over performance when "nobody even notices res unless they are told" :rofl:

DDJjqY1.png

exclusives >> res huh... and now he says exclusives don't matter... Slow Jonny the king of self Ownage :hehe:

9 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

except this isnt strictly a case of 4k mode, because that wasnt the victor.

taking into account all factors, including visuals and performanc, the best expereince on consoles is found on ps4 pro. 

There's no logical leap which can make that sound rational, I'm sorry but it just doesn't hold up.

Having to reduce your resolution by a factor of 3.5-4x to get a 2-3 FPS advantage does not result in a better experience. It's a minute difference in framerate generally only experienced in load bearing scenes and a massive sacrifice in rendering experienced at all times. In the case of the "4K modes", 1 FPS is not worth a 50% reduction in native rendering, it's not. The X is resolving over double the render that the Pro is at worst and 3 1/2 - 4 times at best...

All things considered the X is in pole position, a couple FPS doesn't offset multiple times higher rendering resolve. 

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Except when they think that the One X version is vastly superior....

Again I don't care what they think, I care about results, X, Y & Z. I don't latch onto their opinions as frankly I think a lot of them are dumb, technical results speak for themselves and don't need a sherpa. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

90% to 95% of games over the last year maybe.... but as a gen in a whole...PS4 had the vast majority of superior games for almost 5 years.... and the gap in performance in games was bigger than the Pro vs X gap. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

90% to 95% of games over the last year maybe.... but as a gen in a whole...PS4 had the vast majority of superior games for almost 5 years.... and the gap in performance in games was bigger than the Pro vs X gap. 

For almost 5 years? Ugh no, 4 years almost day and date and that was the end of it. 

notice how dynocrap just want to declare total victory based on resolution alone..........and doesn't want to use any other aspect, framerate-rate pacing, dynamic resolution and general stability.

he literally thinks "its rendering DOUBLE DA PIXELZ!!!!" and think's that enough to end the conversation.

We're talking about PLAYING THE GAMES............We didn't buy console upgrades to just bask into looking at screenshots.

I'm not paying $500 fucking dollars to suffer framerate issues.

Microsoft has messed up by not guiding developers into implementing an improved 1080p mode for the Xbox One X. Its a small thing, but apparently Sony made the right decision in creating that option.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Oh without a doubt, I was only speaking from when the X was released till present. The other thing to note isn't just performance gap but what that gap means. The Pro to X gap is great to excellent, meanwhile the base gap in some games is legit near unplayable on the base Xbox.

It was like last gen where there was multiplat games that were actual broken and near unplayable shape on the PS3. That is when difference between multiplats actually matters, not when it's on the high end. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

For almost 5 years? Ugh no, 4 years almost day and date and that was the end of it. 

X didn't launch with any show piece titles.... exclusive or multi.  Pro still was pumping out better looking games. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Quit acting so stupid, it had support for 72 games day one...

and which of those looked better than what the pro pumped out in 2017?:cmpunk1:

Do you know what showpiece means? 

Edited by Goukosan
34 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

link/screenshot?

whenever there was a df result that was 

360 > ps3

base x1 > base ps4

one x > ps4 pro

i dont think a cow has ever said DF was FLAT OUT WRONG. this is what you a deeno do, like fucking children :D 

Im not gonna spend half my day looking back years at your posts like you do to me :D

You are going to claim cows didn't damage control? lmfao. OK

Just now, Jon2B said:

Im not gonna spend half my day looking back years at your posts like you do to me :D

You are going to claim cows didn't damage control? lmfao. OK

Cows don't care about any of this shit until they think they might have some kind of a win. It's the same rote every time, the X will continue to shit all over the Pro and they'll go back to not caring until one game out of 50 on the Pro has a slightly better framerate.

13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

lmao 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Cows don't care about any of this shit until they think they might have some kind of a win. It's the same rote every time, the X will continue to shit all over the Pro and they'll go back to not caring until one game out of 50 on the Pro has a slightly better framerate.

Exactly. You don't see them posting in the majority of DF threads.