Rate my purchase

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

Nah, still working out of Seattle. Ferry ride every day to and from work. It'll be about the same time as my current commute but I can chill on a ferry for 40 minutes instead of sitting in bullshit 167 traffic.

Okay that's what it was, I remember you said something about Port Orchard and transferring, I figured it was to Bremerton. 

Hear me out, I would nix those bricks in the front yard and just make it one continuous yard there. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Okay that's what it was, I remember you said something about Port Orchard and transferring, I figured it was to Bremerton. 

Hear me out, I would nix those bricks in the front yard and just make it one continuous yard there. 

Definitely, I want to probably just level it out and then just use wood chips and gravel up there and plant some fruit trees. I want minimal upkeep for my yard. Backyard already has a decently sized lawn.

5 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Just hope you didn’t take out a no interest loan or something. Not a great time to buy housing right now if you don’t have the safety net 

I have a 0 down loan from the government I can use from time in the service. Once I pay this one off, I can get another one too. Interest rate is a little high at 4.35% but I'm a first time buyer and I can refinance later as I keep improving my credit.

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

I have a 0 down loan from the government I can use from time in the service. Once I pay this one off, I can get another one too. Interest rate is a little high at 4.35% but I'm a first time buyer and I can refinance later as I keep improving my credit.

That’s fine. The real dangers are going to be when they raise interest rates on all the zero down zero interest loans going around in an inflated market

Australia is already starting to crash. And people are going to be stuck paying over a million on properties worth half that

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Congrats bro.  It's a great feeling, isn't it :glad: 

Until your furnace breaks down at 0 degrees , you come home to flooded basement when the water heater breaks , you have to get your driveway redone ( for 10k dollars) or the lovely windstorm puts your grill in the neighbors yard ....4 neighbors down , in pieces .

Home ownership :juggle:

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jon2B said:

Until your furnace breaks down at 0 degrees , you come home to flooded basement when the water heater breaks , you have to get your driveway redone ( for 10k dollars) or the lovely windstorm puts your grill in the neighbors yard ....4 neighbors down , in pieces .

Home ownership :juggle:

True.. true.  Yeah.. there's downsides too. lmao.