Best graphics of the gen so far iyo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Control is going to be the GameInformer  cover story for April             Really looking forward to this one.

1. Red Dead, clear winner. Better than anything, best graphics of the gen , only on X, native 4k 2. Metro Exodus (tie between X and PC) 3. Assassins Creed Odyssey (Id give the nod to X since

by a new video card , too many good games to be having a poo poo pc

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You guys are trippin

Or maybe we've played more games than you so have a wider range to choose from in this category.

You haven't played God of War, Horizon, Exodus Metro (I think), ADO, etc. QB looks fine, even great for it's time, but it's no longer some of the best gfx this gen. 

Also some more notable omissions: 

- Shadow of the Collosus Remake. Can't believe I forgot about that. 

- Battlefront 2 and BFV, might not be the best games but Frostbite does look insane for FPS games. Based on specific moments they are up there with the best if not the best.

- Cuphead. Again can't believe I forgot it. 

- Was mentioned but I forgot it, AC: Odyssey. 

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Or maybe we've played more games than you so have a wider range to choose from in this category.

You haven't played God of War, Horizon, Exodus Metro (I think), ADO, etc. QB looks fine, even great for it's time, but it's no longer some of the best gfx this gen. 

"We've played more games" lmao, that's such weak shit like I haven't seen them in person and like uncompressed footage of all of them doesn't exist... :tom:

This isn't a breakdown of mechanics where you need to play a game to know what you're dealing with, it's visual, you use your eyes.

It still stands up with the best looking games out there, that's not even a debate. Engine technology hasn't rapidly advanced in the two years since this came out..

"It doesn't look like that in motion"

*posts video where it looks like that in motion*

"Well you haven't played this and that... *rabid animal noises*"

:tom:

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Sheesh, Dyno is actually turning into Jerry. 

I see your in motion footage. It look good, but yet again no where near as good as other current games. If you want to use basic corridor (linear) games as an example, Hellblade and Detroit both look significantly better than QB. As remij and jonb have said, the game looks blurry/grainy due to the effect. 

No surprise that you think you don't need to play them to have a more informed opinion. You use the same arguement when saying Sony games are the same :D but but I don't need to play them to know everything :grimaceright:

I made a quick vid of Quantum Break myself, but just showing off a quick cutscene, but the game looks like this during gameplay as well.  It IS a nice looking game still.  But has draw backs in many areas which make it no longer in contention for "best graphics" nowadays.  This is running in native 4K with the upscaling reconstruction turned OFF, and everything else maxed out and film grain on. No reshade either.  This is essentially the game.  I can make a quick gameplay vid too. (some of the shit is cool as fuck)

But yea... it's not God of War or anything.

• Upvote 1

QB has to be my most hated game of all time. it was their first Win10 Play Anywhere betrayal-ton,  was fucking ass, and they gimped the main version on Xbox One (looked like smeared shit, 500p) to hold out all the fixins for the hermits. Lame ass main character, shit I can't even remember a single character from that game. Vapid, hollow, uninispired shit TPS with 2001 gameplay. 

they even got a collector's edition and we didn't. 81170VAiR1L.jpg

:hest: 

Alan Wake 2 died for this fucking abortion of a game. Fuck MS and Remedy.

Reminds me of all the times I got fucked for buying anything on Xbox. Xbox always got a broken beta launch edition, then in 6 months the complete edition + all DLC+ the soundtrack would come on one disc, nice ass edition for PS4, physical copies too. :rofl: 

51SW5KLS1vL.jpg

Glitchy as hell at launch on Xbox - all DLC included for the PS4. Budget release for PS4, I paid full price on X1 :cruise: 

91eVFOMIgpL._SX425_.jpg

Nice ass box with art book + all DLC + Exclusive VR mode

61-nzjMA21L._SX342_.jpg

WE didn't even get a physical copy, PS4 got it + soundtrack on disc.

Even when we stole one from them, they'd just take it back :hest: 

6256713_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55 (digital only)91tT37oKDbL._AC_SX430_.jpg :smoke: 

Fuck XBox :rofl: 

Edited by Bodycount N
On 2019-03-04 at 1:40 AM, Bodycount N said:

Reminds me of all the times I got fucked for buying anything on Xbox. Xbox always got a broken beta launch edition, then in 6 months the complete edition + all DLC+ the soundtrack would come on one disc, nice ass edition for PS4, physical copies too. :rofl: 

51SW5KLS1vL.jpg

Glitchy as hell at launch on Xbox - all DLC included for the PS4. Budget release for PS4, I paid full price on X1 :cruise: 

91eVFOMIgpL._SX425_.jpg

Nice ass box with art book + all DLC + Exclusive VR mode

61-nzjMA21L._SX342_.jpg

WE didn't even get a physical copy, PS4 got it + soundtrack on disc.

Even when we stole one from them, they'd just take it back :hest: 

6256713_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55 (digital only)91tT37oKDbL._AC_SX430_.jpg :smoke: 

Fuck XBox :rofl: 

So much dumb to unpack here.

• Dead Rising 4: Came out a year earlier on Xbox, was updated with all the DLC for free plus it's X upgraded to 1800p where as on PS4 Pro it's just 1080p
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider: Same deal, updated for free plus it's native 4K on X with two other optional modes.
  • Raiden V: It does have a physical release on Xbox One
  • Nier Automata: Basically the identical game to the GotYE but again it's 1920x2160 checkerboarded to 4K while on PS4 Pro it's 1080p with a worse framerate...

Nigga you dumb :lawl:

Edited by DynamiteCop!