Welcome to 2019 where being white in a video game is a bad thing

This isn’t new, people said it last year with Arthur Morgan. People were saying it all the way back last gen with Joel in TLOU in 2012

It’s also irrelevant in 2019 because female game character representation is at all time highs

The main characters ofthe most recent Horizon, Gears 4, BFV, Uncharted, TLOU2 are all women. I guarantee it did nothing to improve sales for those games amongst women. As usual women can’t get enough and don’t recognise  or even care when it is being done

The industry needs to stop pandering to noise and rather just do whatever it is they're going to do, the people kicking and screaming make up an irrelevant percentage of the market so there's no sense in warping and altering content for or around them. 

And, while I'll admit that I initially rolled my eyes at yet another gruff, white, male protagonist, especially one with such a gruff, white, male protagonisty name as Deacon St. John, I ended up getting far more invested than I initially expected.

The horror.

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Isn't biker culture mostly white culture? Its like complaining that Hindus shouldn't be represented by Indians.

Plus Sony already has a female lead open world game...

Used to be mostly white guys, but they have more types now: