Modded my joycons + new keyboard

5 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Noice.  Was the joycon a pain to put back together?  I've been meaning to try mine since I have the screwdrivers from modding my gba.

It was more difficult than I expected it to be, but totally doable.  Make sure you have a really good pair of tweezers for removing/replacing ribbon cables.  Other than that just watch 1-2 video tutorials and you should be able to do the swap in an hour or 2

2 minutes ago, teh_4th said:

It was more difficult than I expected it to be, but totally doable.  Make sure you have a really good pair of tweezers for removing/replacing ribbon cables.  Other than that just watch 1-2 video tutorials and you should be able to do the swap in an hour or 2

I've got those.  I used them to replace the GBA AGS 101 ribbon.  I'll give this a try on my old, shitty gray joycons.

3 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I recently picked up a mechanical keyboard as well.  

20190401_141035.jpg

Fake pics ? Where is all the dust . I bet you just cleaned 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

@teh_4th  Nice board.  Which brand is that?  Next keyboard I'm getting is a TKL for sure.  I'm thinking of getting the MK730

13_6f28a85ca43ce1d1864fbd738067fd94_1548

It's the Massdrop Alt, which is a 65% keyboard, so it's a little smaller than a tenkeyless.  It has removable switches that you can replace without soldering/desoldering, so it was pretty expensive, but this way I can just buy a new set of switches (20-30 bucks) whenever I wanna change up the feel instead of having to buy a new KB.

TKL is definitely the way to go.  Numpad in 2019 is retarded for a home computer.

Edited by teh_4th
1 minute ago, teh_4th said:

Massdrop Alt.  It has removable switches that you can replace without soldering/desoldering, so it was pretty expensive, but this way I can just buy a new set of switches (20-30 bucks) whenever I wanna change up the feel instead of having to buy a new KB.

TKL is definitely the way to go.  Numpad in 2019 is retarded for a home computer.

Nice.  I see it supports Cherry MX, Kaihua, and Halo switches.  Cool shit.