RE remake, REZero & RE4 Digital Foundry Switch analysis

10 hours ago, jehurey said:

That was Mikami himself who said it.

And it doesn't matter because the PS2 version was so laughably gimped. The polygon counts on the main characters were cut in half. So many of its lighting, texture and shadowing effects are just straight-up missing.

The PC port was based on the PS2 port for the longest time (lol), the only versions that had all of the intended graphical features intact were the GC and Wii versions until about 2011, over six years later. (lol)

And Gamespot awarded the GoTY to just the Gamecube version. I know this because I was a paid member for Gamespot at the time, and that allowed access to the forum where you can speak directly with GS staff, and some doofus said "that also includes the PS2 version, right?"

And Alex Navarro explained that it is only the Gamecube version. It was great.:drake: Easily the most runaway GoTY winner of all of Gamespot's GOTY winners.

The PS2 version was barely any different :D its funny how sheep would blow it out of proportion, but then claim games downgraded for Wii or Switch weren't a big deal :drake:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RE 4 is garbage.      

I just love that its SETTLED LAW that RE4 is the best.   They say it like mentioning a scientific fact all causally.   "Everybody knows what water freezes at 32 degee F, and RE4 is

When u have to make an argument against PS3 LMAO

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

The PS2 version was barely any different :D its funny how sheep would blow it out of proportion, but then claim games downgraded for Wii or Switch weren't a big deal :drake:

The PS2 version was hot garbage :rofls:

Switch is a handheld.... PS2 vs GC was console vs console. 

Edited by Goukosan

PS2 version was good for the progressive scan and widescreen support. Though the graphics took a bit of a hit, it was still gorgeous. the Sound effects is where the PS2 version really got gimped, everything sounded much lower quality than GC.

Overall if I had to pick one (and I did) - I only kept the PS2 version. Content is king, seperate ways was a banger and that alone makes the PS2 version better.

That being said, the best version is now here on Switch. :juggle: All the content of the PS2, the quality of the 'Cube, and portable to boot.

Edited by Bodycount N
1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

RE4-teen years later and it still sucks no matter the platform :tom: 

sheep are hilarious with that shit. the full fledged analysis from goku against the ps3 cracked me up :D 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Sheep are seriously bashing the PS2 version of RE4 while hyping garbage like Doom and Mortal Kombat on Switch?

The mental gymnastics they do :hest:

10 hours ago, TLHBO said:

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

this has to be the longest running butthurt in gaming history.:blessed:

Looks blurrier, less detail in trees and stuff = completely different game, unplayable

Blurrier, less detail, half the framerate makes it look like it's running in slow motion = Perfectly fine, just as good as any other version

Sheep :tom: don't even get me started on all the craptastic Wii games they defended. They get shitty spinoffs like deadspace extraction, medal of honor heroes and apparently that was just fine.

• Upvote 1