PlayStation Taiwanese: Death Stranding releases Nov. 8th, 2019 and trailer is 9 minutes long.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, nope.  

Nov 6th 2019. Death Stranding official.     piIgkJWDuQg  

If they can get a PS5 patch up with Ray Tracing imagine Remij's hard on. 

2 hours ago, Voidler said:

It basically looks like MGS5 gameplay wise which Kojima will have no issue nailing

I don't know, I mean I can see the connection but it just doesn't have any impact and the gameplay seems like such a divergence from the cinematics. There's just something that looks off, it seems like it's playing second fiddle. 

56 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't know, I mean I can see the connection but it just doesn't have any impact and the gameplay seems like such a divergence from the cinematics. There's just something that looks off, it seems like it's playing second fiddle. 

Best part of Kojima games is the emergent stuff he attempts, especially MGS5. I hope this game is full of that 

36 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Also apparently this is coming to PC. 

Yeah.  Kojima was just very recently asked about the PC version of the game at an event, and while he obviously wouldn't confirm it.. he didn't deny it either.  He simply refused to answer the question.  You would think that if Sony had this definitely 100% exclusive (or anything regarding it had changed.. because it was apparently confirmed way before) then he would have used that opportunity to nip that rumor in the bud, so to speak.  But he didn't.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yeah.  Kojima was just very recently asked about the PC version of the game at an event, and while he obviously wouldn't confirm it.. he didn't deny it either.  He simply refused to answer the question.  You would think that if Sony had this definitely 100% exclusive (or anything regarding it had changed.. because it was apparently confirmed way before) then he would have used that opportunity to nip that rumor in the bud, so to speak.  But he didn't.

Also the game packaging on the pre-order page doesn't say "Only on PlayStation" as others have figured out which is on every exclusive game. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Also the game packaging on the pre-order page doesn't say "Only on PlayStation" as others have figured out which is on every exclusive game. 

Yeah. 

I mean, I think the plan was that since Sony and Kojima had such a good relationship, and specifically a very good friendship with Andrew House and Mark Cerny, I think they literally did their friend a solid and saw a very good opportunity to partner with him and mutually benefit each other, rather than him partnering with say.. Microsoft.  As a huge AAA Kojima title, there was also relatively less risk because they know that it will sell off his name alone. Microsoft probably would have wanted him as a first party studio, and I think Kojima, after all the Konami bullshit, wanted a deal which would give him the ability to control what he does in the future.  Sony humbly provided him that.

Death Stranding is probably just a stepping stone for him to become completely independent.

Either way, if the game never comes to anything else, it's still pretty amazing the story behind it all.  Those Sony guys are good dudes giving him the keys to the kingdom and the access to use any of their tools and engines... as well as access to the highest level of tech support from within the company..Mark Cerny himself, and all the knowledge their teams have worked towards for 25 years.  There's very few people in the world they would do that for lol.

This may end up like Journey, Beyond Two Souls, Detroit: Become Human and be on PC; however, the only indication it was ever coming to PC were the initial plans for the title. There was a Q&A regarding that and has since been deleted. That was almost 4 years ago.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

This may end up like Journey, Beyond Two Souls, Detroit: Become Human and be on PC; however, the only indication it was ever coming to PC were the initial plans for the title. There was a Q&A regarding that and has since been deleted. That was almost 4 years ago.

Yes, because there's to be no mention of the PC version until after the PS4 version releases.  Sony themselves have repeatedly said it was a console exclusive when the game was announced.  Apparently that was the deal that was made, and Kojima not commenting on it when being asked about it is pretty compelling... especially when you take into consideration what you just said.

w/e though... not going to argue about it at this point.  If it ever does come, it wont be for well over a year anyway.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yes, because there's to be no mention of the PC version until after the PS4 version releases.  Sony themselves have repeatedly said it was a console exclusive when the game was announced.  Apparently that was the deal that was made, and Kojima not commenting on it when being asked about it is pretty compelling... especially when you take into consideration what you just said.

w/e though... not going to argue about it at this point.  If it ever does come, it wont be for well over a year anyway.

There's no argument to be had, really. Just pointing out the origins of the possible PC release. To me it seems very likely it'll end up on PC as soon as Detroit has.

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Bookmarking this. :tom: 

Not really necessary. Guerilla gave Kojima the source code for Decima without any contractual obligation nor did he have to sign any NDAs. 

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Not really necessary. Guerilla gave Kojima the source code for Decima without any contractual obligation nor did he have to sign any NDAs. 

It is necessary.  Vini's conviction that it won't release on PC, or that it's ridiculous to even assume that it could, is stupid in today's gaming climate.  We literally have Sony IP.. and recent IP at that, announced and coming to PC lol.  It's dumb to not consider that there's a possibility for it to happen. 

So if it does, I'm going to remind him of that. :) 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

It is necessary.  Vini's conviction that it won't release on PC, or that it's ridiculous to even assume that it could, is stupid in today's gaming climate.  We literally have Sony IP.. and recent IP at that, announced and coming to PC lol.  It's dumb to not consider that there's a possibility for it to happen. 

So if it does, I'm going to remind him of that. :) 

Yeah, if you told me that 5 years ago I'd just laugh.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, if you told me that 5 years ago I'd just laugh.

Me too, honestly. lol.  But after all this MS shit, and Sony really dominating.. I think they really don't see PC as a threat to their console business (especially if you consider a lengthy timed-exclusivity period), but rather a way to make more money, grow their IP even more, and reach new markets.  I think Sony, and MS too, have come to the realization that for as much as their games can sell... there's a large audience out there that they aren't accessing.. and I think in the future as all these barriers and old 'relic business models of the past' are hampering their ability to make a lot more money.  Sony's CEO's comments even say as much... regarding console gaming itself as a 'niche' market in the vast potential market that's out there.

I think Sony's domination over MS, causing MS to react, restructure, and expand their market by also releasing their games on PC (and eventually other consoles/devices) has done a lot to chip away at the idea that a game ALSO releasing on PC is severely detrimental to your console business.  I think Sony are confident that they know they could essentially have their cake and eat it too.  PSNow available on PC, hundreds of Playstation games right there... no console needed.  A few of their games/ip ported to PC here and there as well.. in situations where they see a good opportunity to make more money off of "secondary IP".. things like Journey, Detroit, and stuff like that.  We won't be seeing an Uncharted or Last of Us, or God of War any time soon... but Death Stranding is different from those.

I definitely think it has a good chance at coming.  But I'm not going to push the issue unless something more concrete comes along.  If it happens, it happens.  Gonna be playing it first on PS4 anyway.

Also, just noting that it's kind of weird how in the Collector's Edition.. they are naming things like "PS4™ Bonus Content" and  "Including Full PS4™ game".  It just seems weird that if there were no other plans for any other version that they would feel it necessary to mention that.. instead of just "Bonus Content".. lol

_yMJO68w_NQlCjH6HShhgKY_yOoKzp7hA28kdkfD

But I guess maybe an enhanced PS5 version could be coming.. but still.  Weird.