No leaks yet for MS' conference... Benji says they've got some huge surprises in store

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

xbox is so dead, they had the chance to turn it around the entire gen but nothing happened.   sony doesn't need "two development cycle years" to dish out content, lol. xbox is no competition

You say that as Sony is LITERALLY SKIPPING E3 BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANY NEW CONTENT FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS.  

man i would lose my shit. on the 3rd party side theres not much bigger than can be announced for me.   A new Bioshock would be awesome but i think that's just a matter of time. Return o

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Also if you're MS which system do you profit or lose more money on? Lockhart or the Ananconda? To me it makes more sense the premium model is not the loss leader of the two models. That's also something interesting to consider.

You're going to lose money either way because on of those systems is going to be sitting on the shelves while the other moves. Microsoft launching two consoles, assuming they will, is beyond comprehension. I think the idea stems from how their team just isn't sure what the proper approach to the market is. Microsoft still has a lot of learning to do.

7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You're going to lose money either way because on of those systems is going to be sitting on the shelves while the other moves. Microsoft launching two consoles, assuming they will, is beyond comprehension. I think the idea stems from how their team just isn't sure what the proper approach to the market is. Microsoft still has a lot of learning to do.

Honestly with the S, SAD, and the X. The last thing they need is ANOTHER piece of hardware or two.

The X's timing and pricing can now in retrospective be called a MISTAKE. I always said it was too late for a revision and way to expensive. Thing's existence doesn't even make sense in the context of the Lockhart.

Edited by Team 2019
6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

We still don't even know if there are two system, this is literally almost year old information with nothing else to corroborate it with an additional year and a half until next-gen.

2 1/2 year old accurate information lol? My ass. :tom:

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

We still don't even know if there are two system, this is literally almost year old information with nothing else to corroborate it with an additional year and a half until next-gen.

It seems pretty secure that MS will be offering 2 consoles.  Phil literally saying consoles...  There literally being two codenames.  There's too many people saying the same things regarding that.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Hence the reason I worded as such, "Microsoft launching two consoles, assuming they will". It's an assumption, not a confirmation.

Just now, Remij_ said:

It seems pretty secure that MS will be offering 2 consoles.  Phil literally saying consoles...  There literally being two codenames.  There's too many people saying the same things regarding that.

I'm prepared for it but I'm not banking on it, console information hasn't even typically been accurate 6 months before release unless directly talked about but we're supposed to trust some shit 2 1/2 years out?

That's crackhead shit. 

I'm prepared for it but I'm not banking on it, console information hasn't even typically been accurate 6 months before release unless directly talked about but we're supposed to trust some shit 2 1/2 years out?

That's crackhead shit. 

Eh, I mean sure..  But nobody is already banking on it.. we're just idiots on game forums making predictions that hold no weight.  I mean, for all we know, "consoles" in this case could be the launch console and mid gen refresh.. 

Regardless.. it wouldn't be any fun if we all just assumed that anything was possible.  You gotta make dem bets. :] 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Well Brad Sams might have not actually understood what Lockhart is. Maybe it isn't a gimped next-gen system, it's something else and there is only one real native hardware device with Anaconda.

That's also a possibility, he's just making assumptions off a codename,

Maybe Lockhart is just their transgenerational streaming system bridging the gap in hardware and software operation. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Maybe Lockhart is just their transgenerational streaming system bridging the gap in hardware and software operation. 

I was thinking that too actually, it goes in line with the information we have from MS that they plan to offer hardware that renders latency based tasks on the hardware and streams the rest. I just can't see them shitting out a system with half the GPU power for no reason, or god forbid 4tflops or whatever.

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I was thinking that too actually, it goes in line with the information we have from MS that they plan to offer hardware that renders latency based tasks on the hardware and streams the rest. I just can't see them shitting out a system with half the GPU power for no reason, or god forbid 4tflops or whatever.

Well they also don't need to, if they keep the One line in their pipeline for a few years what would the point of Lockhart be?

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well they also don't need to, if they keep the One line in their pipeline for a few years what would the point of Lockhart be?

I honestly don't know. 

I also fail to see the point assuming MS goes for profit mode and makes games for One cross gen for 2-3 years, whats the point of Lockhart for those few years, and the Anaconda will be hitting price cuts by then. It would make Lockhart basically compete with a $200 PS4, and with no disc drive on top. That's almost DOA to me.

When analysed rationally the rumour COULD be true, but I honestly wouldnt be surprised if gets blown away as misreporting this E3.

Also all he has are codenames, MS was also developing a system for 2016. It got cancelled.

Even if Lockhart was in prototype mode, it doesn't mean the thing will be announced, nevermind actually make it to the market. Don't forget MS prototyped a handheld back in the PSP days.

I'm leaning to the possibility of it not making past concept stage.

Edited by Team 2019
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Also all he has are codenames, MS was also developing a system for 2016. It got cancelled.

Even if Lockhart was in prototype mode, it doesn't mean the thing will be announced, nevermind actually make it to the market. Don't forget MS prototyped a handheld back in the PSP days.

Phil specifically said "consoles" though.  Anyway.. it doesn't matter.  If they have a 1080p console and a 4K console.. they both with be balanced to offer the same gameplay experience with the only difference likely being resolution.  

It's a non issue imo.  It won't hinder next gen games in any way.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Phil specifically said "consoles" though.  Anyway.. it doesn't matter.  If they have a 1080p console and a 4K console.. they both with be balanced to offer the same gameplay experience with the only difference likely being resolution.  

They could have been in development of multiple systems made up of different architectures, configurations, brands (Nvidia) etc deciding on one in the end. 

Hell, it could have just of been a slip of the tongue lol. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I know that, but it's question if they will do it though.

It's also possible they are developing multiple Anaconda models, a $400 and $500 variant and will decide on which they'll use depending on user feedback and market eventually.

Consoles could mean anything, don't forget we were waiting for "consoles" at Stadia's conference to an extent and all we got was a server blade spec. Lockhart could possibly be the server blade spec of Anaconda.

Anyways there are multiple ways this can play out where in reality they launch one piece of native hardware.