What Xbox games will be announced for Switch at E3?

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Ori, Lucky Tale, Halo MCC as retail.

XCloud will all games.

Dude, there's no fucking way MCC is coming to Switch... come the fuck on :D 

Here's my prediction... nothing is said about Switch at all during MS' press conference.

There's a decent possibility that Ori could be announced on Nintendo's direct.. and that's about it.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Dude, there's no fucking way MCC is coming to Switch... come the fuck on :D 

Here's my prediction... nothing is said about Switch at all during MS' press conference.

There's a decent possibility that Ori could be announced on Nintendo's direct.. and that's about it.

Why couldn't MCC come to Switch? It's getting Witcher 3 and MS doesn't view Switch as competition.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Why couldn't MCC come to Switch? It's getting Witcher 3 and MS doesn't view Switch as competition.

-the team is busy building and focusing on the Xbox and PC versions

-the console simply doesn't have enough RAM

-multiple engines which run concurrently

-weak CPU

-Size limitations of the cart and download

-and the very fact that you think they would bother porting it when they could just stream it, as you said after talking about how xCloud is coming....

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

-weak CPU

-and the very fact that you think they would bother porting it when they could just stream it, as you said after talking about how xCloud is coming....

The reason I think they might port it, is not because they can't stream it. It'd because it's their biggest franchise and they are willing to put effort into such a port and project. It'd be a show of prestige and commitment. In my mind Halo MCC is that one exception where putting the effort and not only streaming can pay off in spades.

Also some parts of the game can be a download like Doom MP on switch.

Edited by Team 2019
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

The reason I think they might port it, is not because they can't stream it. It'd because it's their biggest franchise and they are willing to put effort into such a port and project. It'd be a show of prestige and commitment. In my mind Halo MCC is that one exception where putting the effort and not only streaming can pay off in spades.

Also some parts of the game can be a download like Doom MP on switch.

They have no commitment to Switch though... literally none whatsoever.  It's not a MS platform...

Look.. I think we'll see smaller MS titles that make sense come to Switch.  I see them supporting Switch in that way.. and possibly with xCloud in the future as well.  But bringing their staple first party AAA franchises... I doubt it.  Only by streaming.

Ori and Ori 2 would be AMAZING for Switch.  Other titles that make sense and cater well to the portable space is absolutely the right thing to do.  The Last Night for example, among other games.  Those make sense.. 

But hey.. I'll admit that anything can happen.. but to me MCC just seems like it's not even on the cards.

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

-weak CPU

Halo 1 to 4 ran on 360 just fine and that system only had 512Mbs of Ram.... Switch has 8 times the amount of RAM of the 360.

The CPU in the Switch is also better than what was in the 360 by a generation (out if order operations, more efficient etc) 

I agree about the carts... Size constraints of carts is a major issue.   The only way that would work is if MS foots the bill for a 64gb cart. 

With that being said..... I don't think Halo MCC collection is coming to Switch. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Halo 1 to 4 ran on 360 just fine and that system only had 512Mbs of Ram.... Switch has 8 times the amount of RAM of the 360.

The CPU in the Switch is also better than what was in the 360 by a generation (out if order operations, more efficient etc) 

I agree about the carts... Size constraints of carts is a major issue.   The only way that would work is if MS foots the bill for a 64gb cart. 

With that being said..... I don't think Halo MCC collection is coming to Switch. 

Yea, but this is emulating multiple engines concurrently.  There's much more stored in memory than there was on the 360.  That really puts a strain on the CPU resources as well as RAM.

I think when you add up all the obstacles either making it extremely hard, or even impossible.. it doesn't make any sense to do it.  Again, especially if they plan on releasing xCloud on Switch.

Just imo.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, but this is emulating multiple engines concurrently.  There's much more stored in memory than there was on the 360.  That really puts a strain on the CPU resources as well as RAM.

I think when you add up all the obstacles either making it extremely hard, or even impossible.. it doesn't make any sense to do it.  Again, especially if they plan on releasing xCloud on Switch.

Just imo.

Emulating or is it running different engines concurrently? 

If it's running those engines Switch can run those. 

The biggest hurdle is the 64Gb cart.... those are still expensive as fuck. 

But yea... MCC on Switch isn't happening.... stop the madness Aza. 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

Emulating or is it running different engines concurrently? 

If it's running those engines Switch can run those. 

Thr biggest hurdle is the 64Gb cart.... those are still expensive as fuck. 

But yea... MCC on Switch isn't happening.... stop the madness Aza. 

Sorry, I meant to say running.

I have no doubt that given a lot of work and retooling it could be made to work.. but compromised.  As I see it... it's simply not worth the effort.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Sorry, I meant to say running.

I have no doubt that given a lot of work and retooling it could be made to work.. but compromised.  As I see it... it's simply not worth the effort.

I agree