Gamestop is fucked - Stocks fall a further 14% in after hours trading

Just now, Team 2019 said:

I bet even this gen they won't release a discless PS5 just like the PS4. No one is compromising options to save 15 bucks on production costs, and the savings for the consumer are a loss old 50 bucks at best.

Sony and Microsoft don't dictate the retail market, the retailers do. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually something wonderful, when they get the axe think how many video games are going to flood the market and how cheap everything will be. 

Another thread bites the dust.  

Gamestop's problem is that the purchasing experience is just so terrible. I pre-ordered Sekiro through them for that letter opener and I got pitched on: multiple pre-order offers, a sale they were run

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Don't even try with me you fuck stick. 

This is Seattle, Nintendo is here, Microsoft is here, this is one of the largest video game and technology hubs in the United States and you want to talk to me about what I'm seeing in the stores here is not representative of the broad scope?

We have dozens of stores in the area that can be referenced from, they have dick for used games except some pre-approved refurbished stuff, they don't get everything in stock in a timely fashion or at all and rotate stock out in a very timely fashion.

Their game sections are getting smaller and smaller, the options more limited, this is happening everywhere so don't B.S.

LOL, he claims he's an expert about the future of video games because he lives in a city that had gaming companies????????

:drake:

That's like saying somebody is a total expert in rock music because they live in Cleveland.:lawl:

Shitty business practices did them in. Nobody looks at GS with respect, it's a con op through and through there.

The only thing for me is collector's editions, they're hard to get here if you don't go to GS. The amazon preorders get swooped up in minutes, and then you're left to the mercy of Ebay scalpers.

If I go into GS, I'm guaranteed to get one. That's how I got RE2, and Fire Emblem CE coming up. :glad: 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Don't even try with me you fuck stick. 

This is Seattle, Nintendo is here, Microsoft is here, this is one of the largest video game and technology hubs in the United States and you want to talk to me about what I'm seeing in the stores here is not representative of the broad scope?

We have dozens of stores in the area that can be referenced from, they have dick for used games except some pre-approved refurbished stuff, they don't get everything in stock in a timely fashion or at all and rotate stock out in a very timely fashion.

Their game sections are getting smaller and smaller, the options more limited, this is happening everywhere so don't B.S.

What your dumbass doesn't realize is a gradual shift to digital =/= digital is more than physical on consoles currently. 

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR predilections based on what you say in your local best buy, target and GS ended up being DEAD WRONG when NPD came out. 

Data is not your strong point.... stay in your lane. 

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Gamers told MS to go fuck themselves with the XBox S SAD, and it's has nothing to do with retailers.

You're not understanding, the retail market is going away. GameStop will be gone within 1-3 years, I wouldn't doubt if they filed for bankruptcy by the end of the summer. Department stores are one by one either eliminating or condensing their game sections, it's observably the same exact scenario playing out as it did with CD's and music. 

The retail market dictates how long physical media will be a thing and they're phasing it out in big ways. When GameStop goes the house of cards tumbles to the ground. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're not understanding, the retail market is going away. GameStop will be gone within 1-3 years, I wouldn't doubt if they filed for bankruptcy by the end of the summer. Department stores are one by one either eliminating or condensing their game sections, it's observably the same exact scenario playing out as it did with CD's and music. 

The retail market dictates how long physical media will be a thing and they're phasing it out in big ways. When GameStop goes the house of cards tumbles to the ground. 

20% digital ratio :tophat2:

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're absolutely delusional if you truly believe that's what it is. 

We literally went over this last week. 

We literally went over this yesterday. 

and you are acting dumb again today as if the data wasn't shown to you on multiple occasions. 

Edited by Goukosan
32 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Data is not your strong point.... stay in your lane. 

Especially after he got completely bodied in that white guys being the leading mass shooters discussion....that sentence cannot be overstated enough.

The guy is literally like a 5 year old trying to read an Excel spreadsheet.