FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered available now for Nintendo Switch® and clunksoles

God I can't imagine trying to play this in 2019. I have a lot of fond memories with the game even if the gameplay was crap and I'd rather keep it that way then ever revisit it.

watching the same GF summon animations a million times, draw system, level scaling. *vomits*

30 minutes ago, Delita said:

God I can't imagine trying to play this in 2019. I have a lot of fond memories with the game even if the gameplay was crap and I'd rather keep it that way then ever revisit it.

watching the same GF summon animations a million times, draw system, level scaling. *vomits*

Drawing magic was just awful. The pacing of the combat system was so bad. :D   

22 hours ago, HolyAx said:

Final Fantasy is not real gaming man. Just like the late president of Nintendo during the GC days said "JRPGs are not games".

JRPG is still the superior genre, only SRPG and CRPG are in the same league. your opinion  :scust2:

Edited by kaz
On 2019-09-03 at 9:59 AM, Delita said:

Now you can speed the game up 3x... so you really don't have to suffer.

On 2019-09-03 at 11:35 AM, Ramza said:

Drawing magic was just awful. The pacing of the combat system was so bad. :D   

Yeah the gameplay was trash but everything else was phenomenal. But If they ever remade it in the vein of the FF7 remake... that would be a hell of a game.

Edited by Twinblade
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah the gameplay was trash but everything else was phenomenal. But If they ever remade it in the vein of the FF7 remake... that would be a hell of a game.

I liked the game a lot actually but it's undeniably flawed gameplay wise.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nah, I watched it being played at PAX and it actually looked pretty sharp.

It's stretched to 1080p with bilinear filtering. There's no way it doesn't look like ass.