No Man's Sky Beyond Gamespot review - 9

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/no-mans-sky-beyond-review-and-beyond-the-infinite/1900-6417292/

"It feels like No Man's Sky approaching its final form, having shed a great deal of what was previously limiting and restrictive. But there’s one new factor specifically that makes the update live up to its name: No Man’s Sky is now a VR title. And it is utterly breathtaking."

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Why do they re-review games, it doesn't make a lick of sense and it never has. I mean if there was some form of logical coherence to what does and does not get re-reviewed I'd be on board with the sentiment but it seems totally random and sometimes illogical. 

the media was shilling this pOS since day one, they wanted it to deliver so badly lmao

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Why do they re-review games, it doesn't make a lick of sense and it never has. I mean if there was some form of logical coherence to what does and does not get re-reviewed I'd be on board with the sentiment but it seems totally random and sometimes illogical. 

GaaS games should inevitably be re-reviewed at some point. This game isn't even close to what it was 3 years ago. Same could be said for other games like Gran Turismo Sport, Sea of Thieves, Destiny 2, etc.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

GaaS games should inevitably be re-reviewed at some point. This game isn't even close to what it was 3 years ago. Same could be said for other games like Gran Turismo Sport, Sea of Thieves, Destiny 2, etc.

That's the problem though, when it does happen it's like picking and choosing. There's no logic to it, it should be indiscriminate. If a game is popular and it's drastically changed then it should be re-reviewed. 

Should the Master Chief Collection be re-reviewed? Absolutely, should Gran Turismo Sport get another shot? For sure, should Sea of Thieves now or in the future? 100%, should Battlefront 2? Most definitely. 

But where are they?

16 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

theres a lot of changes and it has a new retail release. it makes perfect sense and it always has. youre just too stupid to get it.

5 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

theres a lot of changes and it has a new retail release. it makes perfect sense and it always has. youre just too stupid to get it.

It's the same game it's just an update like any other update for any other game. Putting new retail packaging on something and shipping it out doesn't mean anything. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's the same game it's just an update like any other update for any other game. Putting new retail packaging on something and shipping it out doesn't mean anything. 

new retail packaging means everything. reviews are largely a buyers guide, and prospective buyers want to know about it.

even if it doesnt mean anything to you, you asked for some form of consistency and there it is. i cracked the code for you.

6 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

new retail packaging means everything. reviews are largely a buyers guide, and prospective buyers want to know about it.

even if it doesnt mean anything to you, you asked for some form of consistency and there it is. i cracked the code for you.

They want to know about a game that is already released and has been for 3 years? This is retardation in every facet of the word, it's literally just an update to the game. Why is updated retail packaging in any way justification for the re-review of a game?

The update is the justification for the review, not some newfangled box. It's illogical and should apply to anything that gets massive updates or overhauls. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They want to know about a game that is already released and has been for 3 years? This is retardation in every facet of the word, it's literally just an update to the game. Why is updated retail packaging in any way justification for the re-review of a game?

The update is the justification for the review, not some newfangled box. It's illogical and should apply to anything that gets massive updates or overhauls. 

because when a new product shows up on a shelf or site, prospective buyers want to know about it.

again, youre acting like "re-reviews" are random and shit when theyre not. put out a new physical release with recent significant changes, and its more likley to get a review. whether you agree or not is irrelevant to the fact that it IS consistent.

47 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

because when a new product shows up on a shelf or site, prospective buyers want to know about it.

again, youre acting like "re-reviews" are random and shit when theyre not. put out a new physical release with recent significant changes, and its more likley to get a review. whether you agree or not is irrelevant to the fact that it IS consistent.

You should of capitalized your first word “because”.