The newest Xbox UI is simplicity executed perfectly

You can get to any part of the OS in seconds. The big box is the most recent app used, to the right of it is all your games and apps, to the right of those is your five other most recently used apps. Below the most recent app is a quick access point to GamePass, Mixer, the Store and Community. One hit of the right trigger takes you to all your pins which you can customize entirely. One click after hitting the guide button and you're in system settings.

PS4's UI doesn't even come close to this now. 

c530wZo.jpg

twFDfmd.jpg

Edited by DynamiteCop!
4 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

only took them 5 tries

even then they just gave up and pulled a Sony.... Copy the PSP XMB from 2004. :rofl: 

They didn't pull a Sony though, Sony's UI is worse than this and considerably so. Yes it started out better but it's been lagging behind in many conventions for a long time now. This version of the UI just highlights how far behind PS4's UI really is. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You're lying to yourself. 

The Xbox One's UI has always been shit and this stays true to that. This is why they keep trying to change this disaster because it's a mess. :shake: What is this? The 4th or 5th overhaul?

For a company that has been designing UIs since day one they sure are terrible as fuck at it. The best part about Xbox One's OS is its core functionality not its presentation. This is has been true for years. They should just shit can this UI altogether and start over on Scarlett... if they end up retaining this UI it's going to be yet another Microsoft fuck up.

Just now, lynux3 said:

The Xbox One's UI has always been shit and this stays true to that. This is why they keep trying to change this disaster because it's a mess. :shake: What is this? The 4th or 5th overhaul?

For a company that has been designing UIs since day one they sure are terrible as fuck at it. The best part about Xbox One's OS is its core functionality not its presentation. This is has been true for years. They should just shit can this UI altogether and start over on Scarlett... if they end up retaining this UI it's going to be yet another Microsoft fuck up.

So in some actual words can you explain what is wrong with this UI? It's similar in appearance and cleanliness to the PS4's UI except it works far better, its function is superior.

I get the criticism of "Well they had to do X,Y & Z because of this and that", but we're beyond that now, we've been beyond that for a while they've simply honed this. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

So in some actual words can you explain what is wrong with this UI? It's similar in appearance and cleanliness to the PS4's UI except it works far better, its function is superior.

I get the criticism of "Well they had to do X,Y & Z because of this and that", but we're beyond that now, we've been beyond that for a while they've simply honed this. 

No. PS4's UI is simple and straight to the point like a console should be. Nothing comes close to its simplicity and functionality except Switch.

We've already had this conversation and my suggestion was, which is the best thing Microsoft could possibly do to save face on this, is to remove their shit fuckin' UI and reduce it to only the Guide menu.

Edited by lynux3
Just now, lynux3 said:

No. PS4's UI is simple and straight to the point like a console should be. Nothing comes close to its simplicity and functionality except Switch.

We've already had this conversation and my suggestion was, which is the best thing Microsoft could possibly do to save face on this, is to remove their shit fuckin' UI and reduce it to only the Guide menu.

This is faster in every capacity, it has more organization ability. You're not explaining how the PS4's UI is in any way better than this. 

28 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This is faster in every capacity, it has more organization ability. You're not explaining how the PS4's UI is in any way better than this. 

Is this new update available publicly? I just updated my One X and it still looks like the same shit.

Xbox ui is the best now so I'm sure this is even better . It's only issue is store loading occasionally but that beats being bombarded with full screen ads for slim Jim's on ps4