Half-Life: Alyx announced for Steam VR, revealing on Thursday @ 10AM PST

6 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Despite what people might think about Valve not releasing big AAA games anymore... there's no denying the fact that they know how to make some good shit when they want to.  If this really is supposed to be a flagship VR title that's meant to drive interest and adoption to VR, then I expect it to be pretty awesome.

While it will work on Index, Rift, and Vive.. Valve HAS been designing their Knuckles controllers for a reason.. They've been working on stuff behind the scenes.. from hardware to interaction systems and everything else.  Just because they haven't been releasing stuff doesn't mean they aren't working on it.

This Knuckles controller demo is fucking awesome

I have no doubt in my mind HL:A is going to be something special. :glad: 

Damn I miss valve’s narrative style ..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah sorry man, a man in a green suit shooting skittle coloured aliens is not good,  Shit story, shit world, shit atmosphere. Its corny as fuck. 

He predicted what Gabe did.

7 hours ago, bhytre said:

All these years of waiting and begging Vavle and hermits still didn't get what they want :D 

This has the chance to be so much fucking better than a traditional HL game it's not even funny..

All that whining will go away if the game turns out to be actually awesome.  People just hate the fact that they don't have a VR set and would have to buy one... not the fact that the game couldn't be amazing in VR. 

Man I hope they knock it out of the fucking park with this :wow2: 

I'm just realizing that there's multiple levels of expectations that come along with this.

1.) Has to be the best VR experience of a first-person shooter. Like, not just a little bit better, it has to be significantly better and possibly solve the biggest issues involving how to play FPS games in VR

2.) It has to be a significant upgrade in graphics over the previous Half Life games. So the graphics expectations are actually quite high.

3.) Its had to be the first Source Engine 3.0 game, or whatever latest version of their game engine.

It can't be cutting edge for 2019, it needs to be beyond that.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm just realizing that there's multiple levels of expectations that come along with this.

1.) Has to be the best VR experience of a first-person shooter. Like, not just a little bit better, it has to be significantly better and possibly solve the biggest issues involving how to play FPS games in VR

2.) It has to be a significant upgrade in graphics over the previous Half Life games. So the graphics expectations are actually quite high.

3.) Its had to be the first Source Engine 3.0 game, or whatever latest version of their game engine.

It can't be cutting edge for 2019, it needs to be beyond that.

In the end I think it doesn't have to be anything. Like people will play and hopefully enjoy it.

But I think they very well know what they are doing. HL3 was kind of a running gag but I'm sure they worked the whole time on it and waited for the right time with the right tech.

Like I said HL2 was groundbreaking with their implementation of physics, it was obvious that this one is supposed to be pioneering in VR and tbh even tho I'm not a fan of VR at all at this point I could imagine they are able to do things we haven't seen yet. 

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

i imagine the reaction to this announcement was similar to the Diablo mobile announcement lol 

Just happpy to hear half life officially. I see it as a sign that 3 might be alive.

hl as a whole has been dead for a long time.