Randy Pitchford Calls Out Phil Spencer On His XSX Tweet

Completely depends who you ask.  I don't think Randy's wrong.  I can see it both ways.  My issue is why he's bringing it up in the first place since he knows people far more respected and intelligent than him have already said it's slowing.  I guess he doesn't like the form factor of the Series X and wanted to get Phil with a zinger.. lol.

Edited by Remij_

Guys.. Randy Pitchford is the reason why Sony is in the position they are today... lmao.  If it wasn't for him telling Sony that they were dead meat if they didn't bump the PS4 memory up from 4GB to 8GB... Devs would have flocked to Xbox One.

:ben: 

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Completely depends who you ask.  I don't think Randy's wrong.  I can see it both ways.  My issue is why he's bringing it up in the first place since he knows people far more respected and intelligent than him have already said it's slowing.  I guess he doesn't like the form factor of the Series X and wanted to get Phil with a zinger.. lol.

Well his upcoming game, published by Gearbox is somehow exclusive to the PS5 on the console side so he definitely has a bias. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Well his upcoming game, published by Gearbox is somehow exclusive to the PS5 on the console side so he definitely has a bias. 

Exclusively lied about.

After announcement.

yrPwt4s.png

A few days later when people took notice.

ryWkJb4.png

It's a timed game and they had to edit the damn page lol. 

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I'm sure he's biased to a point.. but I think he's pretty genuine in some aspects.  I believe he'd tell both companies straight if they were making a mistake with something.

I could be wrong.. I mean, I know he can be an ass.. but he's not as stupid as people think.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Exclusively lied about.

After announcement.

yrPwt4s.png

A few days later when people took notice.

ryWkJb4.png

It's a timed game and they had to edit the damn page lol. 

Isn't that what we all assumed? They said 'launching exclusively on PS5 and PC'. That's usually very clear line for a timed exclusive. Plus it's a completely random 3rd party publisher. Stunned it's exclusive in any way. Wonder why even more so with this tweet. Maybe there was some falling out between Randy and Phil. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'm sure he's biased to a point.. but I think he's pretty genuine in some aspects.  I believe he'd tell both companies straight if they were making a mistake with something.

I could be wrong.. I mean, I know he can be an ass.. but he's not as stupid as people think.

Oh yeah, ppl being dickheads doesn't take away from their knowledge or expertise of a field he clearly knows a lot about and has been extremely successful at. Makes you wonder if Godfall's PS5 timed exclusivity has anything to do with any of these type of comments or a personal thing against Phil (Randy knows how to keep a grudge). They said at TGA that they went to Sony and Epic themselves asking for the deal. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

Oh yeah, ppl being dickheads doesn't take away from their knowledge or expertise of a field he clearly knows a lot about and has been extremely successful at. Makes you wonder if Godfall's PS5 timed exclusivity has anything to do with any of these type of comments or a personal thing against Phil (Randy knows how to keep a grudge). They said at TGA that they went to Sony and Epic themselves asking for the deal. 

Yea you're right about that.  Maybe he does have a grudge against MS atm.  Oh well.. It's a meaningless tweet anyway.. nothing to make a big deal about either way.  Phil's not wrong imo, and neither is Randy.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Guys.. Randy Pitchford is the reason why Sony is in the position they are today... lmao.  If it wasn't for him telling Sony that they were dead meat if they didn't bump the PS4 memory up from 4GB to 8GB... Devs would have flocked to Xbox One.

:ben: 

Exactly... constructive criticism has great benefits if you receive it well. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Exactly... constructive criticism has great benefits if you receive it well. 

i wonder how deeno and jon would respond if randy said xsx is the best next gen hardware by a wide margin :mjpls:

Edited by Quad Damage