Do you think animals are just as always sad as we are?

Just now, kaz said:

animals are pure, i love them. and to be honest i have never met a person who thinks otherwise. some pets can be assholes, but they are mostly cats in my experience :D 

nah i'm messing. animals > people. and cats own motha fucka!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dag was sad because he used to love to lick that part of his body, but now he has no idea where it went. They took him to a place and put a weird thing on his neck, after they took it off, the thin

This post is too much for me in the morning 

Reminds me of that old Joe Rogan bit, about the animals at the zoo.   The big cats are depressed as fuck, just walking in circles, and licking the same spot until it becomes a bald spot.

I think there will be ways to find out. Having discussions like do you all feel impending doom some days, success in spurts, what's it feel like inside your body? And such isn't met with suicide org or people thinking you're weird, but actually fielding good questions.

Me thinks scientists can test animals organs and brain tissue vs ours and very much deduce we must operate similar.  Seeing if an animal holds resentment is a good outliner. Seeing if any species would repeat stupid religious traditions (doubt it).   Not in our lifetime but I think that answer will be answered. There's fooking monkeys that can learn to sign language mate.

Also I would not trade my sadness to be any other being. Don't mistake. My open convo for anything emo. Just real curious about life. 

8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i wonder if my shit is secretly begging to not be flushed? :sad:

Animals have deeper thoughts than you think sorry. Not saying fish or small birds. Go look at Lions spending a whole day. After years they must catch on to something.

Edited by kokujin
7 minutes ago, kaz said:

animals obviously are very sensitive but feelings as we know them are very different. if everything is based on instincts rather than experience and logical thinking 

Hunting skills and their personality is actually based on experience and logical thinking. You read a half crocked sentence over a decade ago. And never looked into animals deeper. They very much operate on memory and personality. They just can't talk, man.

Just now, kokujin said:

Hunting skills and their personality is actually based on experience and logical thinking. You read a half crocked sentence over a decade ago. And never looked into animals deeper. They very much operate on memory and personality. They just can't talk, man.

I never said they don't use that? :cosby2:  Like I said it is very different from us human beings, isn't that obvious to you?

and I think pigs, dolphins, apes and whales are the smartest or what was it? doesn't mean they are doing calculus. 

your mistake is, you always want an open discussion without a conclussion, it's basically just brainstorming so far so dont get angry at people

Parents teach their kids how to hunt over years. They pretend to be scared when a cub 'instinctuvelly' tries to pounce to build their confidence.  They force their kiddos into trenches to learn hunting techniques. Lol. Animals are very much thinking and evolving beings. They don't just finish 24 hours on instinct. They very much lead a life.

Edited by kokujin
1 minute ago, kokujin said:

Parents teach their kids how to hunt over years. They pretend to be scared when a cub 'instinctuvelly' tries to pounce to build their confidence.  They force their kiddos into trenches to learn hunting techniques. Lol. Animals are very much thinking and evolving beings. They don't just finish 24 hours on extinct. They very much lead a life.

:cosby2: yea ok we all know that

Edited by kaz
Just now, kaz said:

I never said they don't use that? :cosby2:  Like I said it is very different from us human beings, isn't that obvious to you?

and I think pigs, dolphins, apes and whales are the smartest or what was it? doesn't mean they are doing calculus. 

your mistake is, you always want an open discussion without a conclussion, it's basically just brainstorming so far so dont get angry at people

How is that very different? Sadness is primal. That's not very different.  Calculus is ridiculous. Yes that's very different.

Impending sadness unfullfilling why am I alive or always facing fear? And being able to rationalize such a predicament as a Lion, now that's a huge question. A stretch. Maybe. I gotta break. 

4 minutes ago, kokujin said:

How is that very different? Sadness is primal. That's not very different.  Calculus is ridiculous. Yes that's very different.

Impending sadness unfullfilling why am I alive or always facing fear? And being able to rationalize such a predicament as a Lion, now that's a huge question. A stretch. Maybe. I gotta break. 

I think one of the biggest ways to explain how much better we are at utilising our brain power is by going third person and hover over yourself like a camera. And then I ask myself what is this thing (me) doing?

Animals don't do that, dogs getting scared of their own shadow, cats screeching at their own reflections in a mirror.... until they figure it out it doesn't do them harm. etc. (just examples, you know already i know).

animals don't question themselves like we do.

and yea, nice talk need a pause also

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Animals have deeper thoughts than you think sorry. Not saying fish or small birds. Go look at Lions spending a whole day. After years they must catch on to something.

parrots have the intelligence of a 4 year-old. they are smart af

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, kaz said:

I think one of the biggest ways to explain how much better we are at utilising our brain power is by going third person and hover over yourself like a camera. And then I ask myself what is this thing (me) doing?

Animals don't do that, dogs getting scared of their own shadow, cats screeching at their own reflections in a mirror.... until they figure it out it doesn't do them harm. etc. (just examples, you know already i know).

animals don't question themselves like we do.

and yea, nice talk need a pause also

Willing to bet a caged animal at a zoo figures out what mirrors or reflections are. As they didn't invent mirrors, I'd probably freak out at my reflection too.

On point tho, yes they probably have little to no 3rd person critical thoughts.