FF7 Remake demo is out now

6 hours ago, Remij_ said:

You're an idiot.

You'll use VR... when Xbawkz saz so :lemming: 

You act like I dont play games on PC.  I have the most options now to get vr and I dont . It's because it has no games .

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm an expert at pressing buttons, do you know who you're talking to!?    

He rushed through the game in 15min....didn't watch any of the cutscenes, but he's an expert at the combat and how to defeat enemies in the quickest way possible... on his first playthrough...

Yes master. im a mere FF plebeian in your presence

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Delita said:

:snoop:

kotaku. wtf am I even reading. Sad part is Twinblade will still post his review on release and take their word as gospel as to how it apparently is not great after all

1D473C99-1FFA-4B36-ACC7-8042635ECE2A.png

Guy clearly didn't understand he needed ATB meter to do any of those things. He was probably spamming.

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Guy clearly didn't understand he needed ATB meter to do any of those things. He was probably spamming.

yep, i don't know why people even repost the :cry::cry: of some noob. nothing of value. 

Fucking noob ass. BTW demo was about 30 minutes for me. I could see someone speeding through in 15 minutes. I thought it was a perfect length for a demo though. 

BTW, the voice of Wedge is totally Badger from Breaking Bad. :D 

11 minutes ago, kaz said:

yep, i don't know why people even repost the :cry::cry: of some noob. nothing of value. 

Because twinblade is going to post the 6/10 kotaku review from this guy when it releases and actually believe his opinion without seeing he’s a fucking noob

4 minutes ago, Delita said:

Because twinblade is going to post the 6/10 kotaku review from this guy when it releases and actually believe his opinion without seeing he’s a fucking noob

lol yea, i didn't mean you specifically with reposting. Twinblade writes his own short-reviews sometimes, the dude rates stuff pretty objectively so I think he doesn't have to believe in gaming journalism. 

but i know what you mean, he sometimes goes back in time and pretends these people are qualified to tell you how good games are (or movies etc.). :D 

4 hours ago, Delita said:

:snoop:

kotaku. wtf am I even reading. Sad part is Twinblade will still post his review on release and take their word as gospel as to how it apparently is not great after all

1D473C99-1FFA-4B36-ACC7-8042635ECE2A.png

Lol guy is getting roasted.  The comment section is glorious.

Damn game feels so much smoother the second run. Operator mode only for moving close to target, then immediately switch to punisher mode for attacking. And keep an eye on Atb bar to use abilities often. Still finding it hard to manage other party member at the same time though.

51 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Demo was awesome! Combat system a lot of fun and visually terrific. I still don't know how much game is actually gonna be in this. It's a little worrying how still we've seen on the scope of the game given it's imminent release

Ends when you leave Midgar. In the original that's around the 7 hour mark but SE claims this game is going to be the length of a full release game. They never specified if they meant a typical FF game or your average game today though and they still don't know how many parts this game is going to be which worries me.

I'm willing to bet this game is going to be around 15 hours, give or take a few hours. I don't see how you could stretch the Midgar part alone to 60 hours (average length of a typical FF game).

2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Ends when you leave Midgar. In the original that's around the 7 hour mark but SE claims this game is going to be the length of a full release game. They never specified if they meant a typical FF game or your average game today though and they still don't know how many parts this game is going to be which worries me.

I'm willing to bet this game is going to be around 15 hours, give or take a few hours. I don't see how you could stretch the Midgar part alone to 60 hours (average length of a typical FF game).

I just hope it isn’t filler side mission crap to pad the length. I’m guessing somewhere around 10-12 hours if you just stick to the main mission. 

46 minutes ago, Sabo said:

That's like less than 20% of FFVII, surely has to be more. 

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

Well Red XIII is in the game and he doesn't show up until after midgar in the original, so they're definitely making large changes to the core structure. I expect this to still be a substantial RPG, probably with around 20-30 hours of content (more if you try to complete all the sidequests). Im sure there will be a bunch of filler content to pad out the length a bit.

Edited by Twinblade
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Well Red XIII is in the game and he doesn't show up until after midgar in the original, so they're definitely making large changes to the core structure. I expect this to still be a substantial RPG, probably with around 20-30 hours of content (more if you try to complete all the sidequests). Im sure there will be a bunch of filler content to pad out the length a bit.

Of course there will be.  There's no random enemies to fight, so leveling up will require doing some side quests and shit around Midgar.  I think it will be a solid 30 hours without too much filler shit.  The Bombing Run takes around 45m - 1h and only took about 10min in the original.   We're looking at around 5x the length due to being more fleshed out.  Midgar was about 6h in the original, so I'm guessing 30h in the Remake.

Edited by Remij_
49 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Of course there will be.  There's no random enemies to fight, so leveling up will require doing some side quests and shit around Midgar.  I think it will be a solid 30 hours without too much filler shit.  The Bombing Run takes around 45m - 1h and only took about 10min in the original.   We're looking at around 5x the length due to being more fleshed out.  Midgar was about 6h in the original, so I'm guessing 30h in the Remake.

yeah. the demo confirmed that comparing the original game time to the remake makes no sense.

the short cutscenes when biggs, wedge, jessie and barrett move on and leave cloud alone for the tutorial fights means it will happen throughout the game. 

the game will be totally different.

@Twinblade red XIII is an experiment hojo is working on in the shinra HQ at the time you are in there. he does appear in midgar first. you are confusing it with the cosmos canyon when he meets his "grandpa".

do you remember in the original: there was a glass dome "cage", in there was Red XIII and then an elevator brought up Aerith. (or the other way around). but turns out Red is one of the good ones. :glad:  etc etc 

Just now, Twinblade said:

ohh yeah youre' right, completely forgot about that. Good catch.

:reg: you should thank me by saying that i am the ff master