First 9 Minutes of HL:A Gameplay

3 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Wait is the movement, just point click, I see the little feet as the cursor. Geese VR is indeed terrible.  I thought it evolved from beyond '90s limitation.  This game will flop if they don't release two versions, a non-VR version. 

:snoop: 

There's 3 different options for movement.  Teleport, which they show in that vid, plus "Shift" and "Free".. You can choose to play the game with any style you want.

Here's the game in free mode:

Here's shift mode:

Game will be PHENOMENAL :smoke: 

Edited by Remij_
6 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

I’m actually surprised they have the gall to bring this failed franchise back. after halo 2 buried hl2 in 2004, you would think they would have given up.

You'd think after the WiiU that Nintendo would have given up..... but here we are :drake: 

3 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Well at the very least this only a VR sub-game on a budget, HL property is not worth much more than that.

It's a AAA VR Half-Life game, with the biggest team ever in Valve's history working on it. :smoke: 

Umad it's not coming to Switch :umad: 

Well... I guess there IS some hope for you :hest: 

Switch_NintendoLabo_VRKit_ToyCon_VRGoggl

Just now, -GD- said:

it does look great, but you have to admit the floating hands are weird. 

They're weird in gameplay videos sure but you need them once you're under the visor.

• Thanks 1

can you run in "free" mode or is it just slowly walking around? or was it for demo purpose? 

I think the options in "moving" is still a major flaw in VR games, the teleporting shit should be completely removed and "normal" movement should be the only option. 

it looks pretty cool though and I bet it looks amazing in VR. :gasp:   I'm ready.

49 minutes ago, -GD- said:

the floaty hands disappear and it looks natural when you play the game? I mean, that was my experience so far with VR. But i didn't play much.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Why would you guys watch the intro to a Half Life game, thats always one of the most memorable parts.

HL 1 yes. but that's it. actually the beginning of half-life 1 is the best part of all the games. I recently played through all of them. hl1, opposing force, blue shift, then hl2 and started playing the episodes for the first time.

never liked HL2 but damn the eps are awful :D 

trust me there is nothing of significance in the videos, you can watch them.

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

Dude, trust me... you're not even going to think about "floating hands" when you're actually playing the game.  When you're in VR, the hands line up with exactly where your hands are IRL... your mind fills in the rest.  It's also far better for immersion at the moment, because having arms connected to the hands in VR is extremely hard to get to look right, at the moment.  It's better that, then having arms wig out and bend completely fucked up... that's when you start to noticing.

It'll get there, but nows not the time... and removing them is best until they can get it 100% right.  And VR is so much different than watching a video of it... It's hard to imagine yourself actually in the environment.. Watch those 3 videos again and imagine that world actually surrounding you. 

This could be the best shooter, the best horror game, the best action game, and the best puzzle game all in one.  I can already tell this is going to be AMAZING. The physics interactions in this is second to none B) 

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Dude, trust me... you're not even going to think about "floating hands" when you're actually playing the game.  When you're in VR, the hands line up with exactly where your hands are IRL... your mind fills in the rest.  It's also far better for immersion at the moment, because having arms connected to the hands in VR is extremely hard to get to look right, at the moment.  It's better that, then having arms wig out and bend completely fucked up... that's when you start to noticing.

It'll get there, but nows not the time... and removing them is best until they can get it 100% right.  And VR is so much different than watching a video of it... It's hard to imagine yourself actually in the environment.. Watch those 3 videos again and imagine that world actually surrounding you. 

This could be the best shooter, the best horror game, the best action game, and the best puzzle game all in one.  I can already tell this is going to be AMAZING. The physics interactions in this is second to none B) 

it looks awesome - like a real HL game. i hope they release a non-vr mode :trump3:

at this point i'd be surprised if half-life 3 (or whatever is next in the franchise) won't be a VR title as well.

It's just valve pushing tech and I have to admit it's incredibly brave to do so with their number one franchise. 

Edited by kaz