HBO working on a TLOU series with Chernobyl Creator

Just now, Ike said:

HBO :love:

The best TV studio in the business and it's not close.

yeah, hbo is pretty amazing! even with the GoT debacle, they are still the most consistent, in terms of excellent tv. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Chernobyl was godly. Its definitely in good hands, not sure how well its going to translate into a TV show tho. 

It will be MUCH better as a TV show than it could ever be as a movie.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It will be MUCH better as a TV show than it could ever be as a movie.

exactly. The best news about all this is that it is a tv show and not a movie. There is no way you could build the Joel and Ellie relationship to such a depth in a movie. This on HBO is gonna be fucking godly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

exactly. The best news about all this is that it is a tv show and not a movie. There is no way you could build the Joel and Ellie relationship to such a depth in a movie. This on HBO is gonna be fucking godly

I'm interested in seeing how much they are going to flesh this out... especially with the knowledge of the world building/lore that TLOU2 will bring with it.  It gives them an amazing opportunity to utilize that extended world building to their advantage from the very beginning.

11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'm interested in seeing how much they are going to flesh this out... especially with the knowledge of the world building/lore that TLOU2 will bring with it.  It gives them an amazing opportunity to utilize that extended world building to their advantage from the very beginning.

Yeah this is definitely going to be fleshed out more than the first game. We willprobably get hints or mentions of the cults that are there in TLOU2. The fact Neil Druckmann is on board as a writer too means it will very much be loyal to the games. Gonna be so damn good.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah this is definitely going to be fleshed out more than the first game. We willprobably get hints or mentions of the cults that are there in TLOU2. The fact Neil Druckmann is on board as a writer too means it will very much be loyal to the games. Gonna be so damn good.

Yep.  Considering the people/companies involved... this will be the best it could possibly be, imo.

It could also end up being a HUGE show.  This will be something that not just gamers get into... but everyone.  With HBO, you know it's going to be violent and mature as fuck.

Edited by Remij_
16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Wonder if they will get Ellen Page to play Ellie :killzone:

She’s 33 lmao. So I don’t see it. 

I’m really interested to see the casting. I honestly think Maise Williams (Arya in GOT) could play that role well. I think they’ll go with new blood though. I would absolutely love if they brought in Justin Theroux for Joel though. 

• Haha 1