PS4 BC on the PS5 to work on “overwhelming majority” of the library, games to benefit from improved frame rates and resolutions

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Remij_ said:

Such a needlessly confusing fuck up on their part.

And notice how they STILL don't say "at launch"...  Not that I have doubts anymore.. but still... this unclear messaging is baffling.

They Xbox'd themselves. The word is already out, few pay attention to retractions.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Going from 900mhz GPU to 2.2ghz and 2.1 CPU to 3.5 will lock framerates  and all dynamic resolutions to their peak guaranteed imo.

That's great and all but what about the enhanced One X games which will now pin to Native 4K while the Pro versions cap at like 1440p?

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They Xbox'd themselves. The word is already out, few pay attention to retractions.

It'll drip feed, everyone is asking about it because the original messaging was ambiguous. 

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's great and all but what about the enhanced One X games which will now pin to Native 4K while the Pro versions cap at like 1440p?

That's awesome for Xbox owners no doubt.. but being honest.. it's all about just being able to play the library you have on your new console. 

Maybe SOME games will get little updates.. who knows.. but as long as the games work properly and essentially max out what their PS4 Pro restrictions were, then they're fine.

"To date, we’ve spent over 100K hours testing your favorite games from Xbox One, including existing backward compatible 360 & OG Xbox games, on Xbox Series X. While we are still in the process of validating, we can confirm thousands of games will be playable at launch.”

MS said the same thing, I wonder if it's just phrasing so they don't get sued.

14 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

"To date, we’ve spent over 100K hours testing your favorite games from Xbox One, including existing backward compatible 360 & OG Xbox games, on Xbox Series X. While we are still in the process of validating, we can confirm thousands of games will be playable at launch.”

MS said the same thing, I wonder if it's just phrasing so they don't get sued.

It's obvious their backwards compatibility solutions are identical for PS4/Xbox One.

All BC we got before PS2, Wii, Wii U, PS3, 3DS, Gameboy etc was garbage compared to this. Both consoles are setting a new standard for BC for the future regardless. They all performed the same the original hardware. Not even sure if we got slightly faster loading, nevermind performance upgrades

It's the most quality BC we've ever seen in the console space. Not quiet on the level of PC obviously but damn if it doesn't make console games age much better.

Edited by Team 2019
6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Gears 5 loading was like 30 seconds on One, and like 15 on Series X.

I don't get the performance variance in loading times.

State of Decay loaded like 5-6 times faster in comparison.

None of those games were optimized around the storage medium, that's just raw loading. Basically they're loading how a PC SSD would load. 

11 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Gears 5 loading was like 30 seconds on One, and like 15 on Series X.

I don't get the performance variance in loading times.

State of Decay loaded like 5-6 times faster in comparison.

State of Decay loaded in like ~8-9 seconds. It wasn't very fast. I assume Microsoft may throw a bit of Machine Learning towards this, but we'll see. The Spider-man demonstration was way more impressive.

Just now, lynux3 said:

State of Decay loaded in like ~8-9 seconds. It wasn't very fast. I assume Microsoft may throw a bit of Machine Learning towards this, but we'll see. The Spider-man demonstration was way more impressive.

Spiderman was optimized for the SSD I think though. Also 22 GBPS for the PS5 SSD is the maximum theoretical.

Remij was wrong.