since gyms are closed, here is the best, free, bodyweight workout you can do at home with no equipment

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

while jeremy is young, he's easily one of the most educated and respected fitness experts. 

Fitness? Yeah I'm into fitness...fitness whole pizza in my mouth. 

bruh im fat atm, and im not gonna change my routine when my gov literally says stay the fuck at home.   gonna be a lazy shit for the next few weeks and not feeling guilty. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

My dumbells only go up to 35lbs. You think that is enough weight? Or I guess I could just compensate by increasing the length of the walk.

Keep walking until your forearms can’t take it. Do 3 sets. Also, do them every other day. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Keep walking until your forearms can’t take it. Do 3 sets. Also, do them every other day. 

Yeah i think ill append those onto the end of my regular resistance workouts.

Thanks breh.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1

I bet your diet sucks TB and you are an ectomorph.

Nothing trumps food for bulking, not any roid on the planet.  I've put on about 100 lbs of mostly lean mass in the last decade.

You need to eat a shit ton to grow. As soon as I introduced almond butter and whole milk into my bulks my gaining potential seems limitless.

Also even without any equipment, you can build any upper body muscle with pushups just by altering the position of  your arms.

Try press ups.

Edited by SlavicBull
1 hour ago, SlavicBull said:

I bet your diet sucks TB and you are an ectomorph.

Nothing trumps food for bulking, not any roid on the planet.  I've put on about 100 lbs of mostly lean mass in the last decade.

You need to eat a shit ton to grow. As soon as I introduced almond butter and whole milk into my bulks my gaining potential seems limitless.

Also even without any equipment, you can build any upper body muscle with pushups just by altering the position of  your arms.

Try press ups.

Nah, my diet is pretty clean but I realized only recently that my problem is that while im eating well, im not eating the quantity of food thats needed to gain noticeable mass. I've been trying to focus on eating 1-2 more meals a day lately so that im at a calorie surplus. I've already gained a few pounds so that seems to be working. My main concern is that because of my body type (skinny fat) theres a chance that some of that extra weight is going to end up being stored as fat in my belly, so i think I need to incorporate more ab/core exercises to keep the fat gain to a minimum.

35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nah, my diet is pretty clean but I realized only recently that my problem is that while im eating well, im not eating the quantity of food thats needed to gain noticeable mass. I've been trying to focus on eating 1-2 more meals a day lately so that im at a calorie surplus. I've already gained a few pounds so that seems to be working. My main concern is that because of my body type (skinny fat) theres a chance that some of that extra weight is going to end up being stored as fat in my belly, so i think I need to incorporate more ab/core exercises to keep the fat gain to a minimum.

How are your t levels? 

35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That's why I'm saying your diet sucks.  You don't eat enough calories. Almond butter is extremely calorie dense and whole milk is easy to take down a lot.

Being skinny/fat is a problem though.  It means you have bad genetics and have to use a different strategy because you probably can't handle that many calories without turning into a fatass. You should probably bulk up first and then cut using some kind of steroid or peptide.  Bulk slow eating at a slight surplus until you put on about 20 lbs and then cut faster if you are skinnyfat using osterine. Drop about 10 lbs. Wash rinse repeat.

Sit up and ab crunches wont burn fat btw. 

2 minutes ago, SlavicBull said:

That's why I'm saying your diet sucks.  You don't eat enough calories. Almond butter is extremely calorie dense and whole milk is easy to take down a lot.

Being skinny/fat is a problem though.  It means you have bad genetics and have to use a different strategy because you probably can't handle that many calories without turning into a fatass. You should probably bulk up first and then cut using some kind of steroid or peptide.  Bulk slow eating at a slight surplus until you put on about 20 lbs and then cut faster if you are skinnyfat using osterine. Drop about 10 lbs. Wash rinse repeat.

Sit up and ab crunches wont burn fat btw. 

Truth 

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, -GD- said:

How are your t levels? 

im not sure, i haven't gotten any type of blood work done lately.

@blackhand the last thing im gonna do is take any type of strong supplement or medication. Im trying to do this as naturally as possible, that might limit my overall results but im fine with that. My goal isn't to get super buff anyway.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@blackhand the last thing im gonna do is take any type of strong supplement or medication. Im trying to do this as naturally as possible, that might limit my overall results but im fine with that. My goal isn't to get super buff anyway.

Osterine is a peptide with no side effects.  It preserves muscle mass while you cut so your bf% lowers.  With your genetics if you cut you'll probably lose just as muscle as you do fat and waste your time but suit yourself.

Another strategy for you would be to eat at maintenance level calories  and work out like beast to grow strength and increase your lifts.  This will take extreme dedication on your part and very slowly push the fat out. 

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You don’t need supplements. Read up on testosterone diets. They are kind of similar to what BH was saying, where you should take in more dietary fat, especially foods high in cholesterol. 

this guy is amazing when it comes to skinny fat routines/diets 

https://skinnyfattransformation.com/build-beach-muscles-diamond-push-ups/

Im gonna finish this round of p90x3 and then see where I stand afterwards before making any big changes from a diet/supplement/exercise standpoint.

But ill post a pic some time. Im hairy as all hell and need to trim first

Edited by Twinblade
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Full upper body workout using nothing but different push up variations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpgWK7wYMU4

i think it's great for someone looking to increase push strength, but i believe in the 1:1 ratio of posterior (back)/anterior(front) chain movements. so, 1 row per 1 pushup, or 1 pull up per 1 shoulder press. it prevents imbalances. 

for those who have little/no equipment and have little time (ha, most of you probably have too much time now lol)

i like matt a lot, because he's a huge advocate for minimalist training (i too am a fan of it). sometimes, i stick to 7 or 8 basic moves for 6 months to a year. 

On 2020-03-26 at 3:29 PM, -GD- said:

i think it's great for someone looking to increase push strength, but i believe in the 1:1 ratio of posterior (back)/anterior(front) chain movements. so, 1 row per 1 pushup, or 1 pull up per 1 shoulder press. it prevents imbalances. 

Yeah that makes sense, and is probably the main reason why so many workouts combine push and pull exercises like push ups and pull ups together.

Speaking of pull ups, im trying to get better at them and I came across the below tip on the Athlean-X youtube channel but im not sure how credible these guys are in the fitness world? I've done a lot of my own research on pull ups and haven't seen the benefits of pulling inward mentioned before

Regarding the grip placement, it isn’t enough to just get the hand spacing down. You also want to be sure that you direct your pressure in the right way. Most people simply pull straight down on the bar or worse, they pull outwards because they’ve been told this will increase the activation of the lats. Both of these aren’t optimal. The best thing you can do is squeeze your hands inward towards each other and down at the same time. This will engage much more upper body muscle activation that will make your body feel as if it is floating up above the bar on every rep, instantly.