• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine playing Animal Crossing unironically 

DumB would rather play Bleeding Edge.   It's diffwent, gamey even!! 1 

GS - 9/10 IGN - 10/10 Meta - 93   Sold a million in a month despite being a VR game.   bubu it's flopped says the Lemming   bubut it's flopped says the Sheep... who'

Their fanbase is in their late 20s and 30s, with some younger ones sprinkled in between...

Waited 15 years and they drop a VR game. Which is cool, but sounds like it should have been HL3, then HL: Alyx as an expansion or something...

I still wanna get VR since I work with Unity, so eventually I'll play, but I can't blame gamers for passing considering you need an entire setup for the game.

It's supposed to be a killer app to push VR into a standard. IDK how that's going...

43 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, I don't think its good news for PC VR is a Half Life game that had some fair amounts of hype wasn't able to crack a million.

In the first month... during a time when VR sets are backordered 2 months+ :drake: 

Fucking idiots :mj: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

In the first month... during a time when VR sets are backordered 2 months+ :drake: 

Fucking idiots :mj: 

That's not an acceptable argument.

This game is compatible with the highest quality VR hardware from the past 2-3 years.

And all of those people would be starving for high-quality VR content, and it doesn't get a higher pedigree than this.

This is like there being 10 million Wii U's out there, and a mainline Mario platformer can't crack a million.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

This game is compatible with the highest quality VR hardware from the past 2-3 years.

And all of those people would be starving for high-quality VR content, and it doesn't get a higher pedigree than this.

This is like there being 10 million Wii U's out there, and a mainline Mario platformer can't crack a million.

It's only the fastest selling VR game ever... and sold a million in 1 month... how long did it take other VR games to get there? 

HL isn't what it used to be... and it requires a sizable investment, as well as room space.  

As I said... headsets are backordered for 2 months right now... lots of people WANT theirs... but they can't produce them fast enough.

You can bet your ass that this game is doing exactly what Valve was hoping it would do.  It's selling headsets at a rate never seen before.. and it will give developers and publishers confidence that if they produce high quality games, people will buy them.  Nobody was expecting 3+ million in the first month...  Are you trying to say that you were?

Your example is retarded.  There's not 10million headsets connected to Steam... and Mario is far more iconic and popular than Half-Life... lmfao.. what bullshit is that. 

YOUR expectations are far out of line with reality.  This game undoubtedly made Valve a lot of money.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's only the fastest selling VR game ever... and sold a million in 1 month... how long did it take other VR games to get there? 

HL isn't what it used to be... and it requires a sizable investment, as well as room space.  

As I said... headsets are backordered for 2 months right now... lots of people WANT theirs... but they can't produce them fast enough.

You can bet your ass that this game is doing exactly what Valve was hoping it would do.  It's selling headsets at a rate never seen before.. and it will give developers and publishers confidence that if they produce high quality games, people will buy them.  Nobody was expecting 3+ million in the first month...  Are you trying to say that you were?

Your example is retarded.  There's not 10million headsets connected to Steam... and Mario is far more iconic and popular than Half-Life... lmfao.. what bullshit is that. 

YOUR expectations are far out of line with reality.  This game undoubtedly made Valve a lot of money.

You keep on redirecting this to Valve's VR hardware...........except their hardware has always been getting sold out since it launch last year.

This isn't "moving sales" any faster of their hardware.

Listen to what I said.

I said that this game is compatible with ALL the high-end VR hardware.

Oculus S

Oculus Quest

HTC Vive

in addition to the Valve Index. This is hardware that has been on sale for 3 years. I absolutely expected well over a million in sales.

Sony PSVR has 4.2 million units, are you telling me that the ENTIRE PC VR userbase doesn't exceed that?

Because if they don't...............boy, is VR looking like its not taking off.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You keep on redirecting this to Valve's VR hardware...........except their hardware has always been getting sold out since it launch last year.

Listen to what I said.

Oculus S

Oculus Quest

HTC Vive

in addition to the Valve Index. This is hardware that has been on sale for 3 years. I absolutely expected well over a million in sales.

Sony PSVR has 4.2 million units, are you telling me that the ENTIRE PC VR userbase doesn't exceed that?

About 2.8 million PC headsets have been sold, out of that how many are being resold whether by private sale or a second hand shop of some kind? How many are not wanting to play or into a game like this?

It selling a million is basically active capacity for those looking for a game like this.

26 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Of course it's an acceptable argument, this game not only gutted all new inventory from every manufacturer; the supply chains are fucked right now because of the present virus issues.  

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Listen to what I said.

Oculus S

Oculus Quest

HTC Vive

You're the one not listening... And no... their hardware hasn't always been getting sold out AND BACKORDERED for 2 months since launch...

You're the idiot who needs to listen dude.... THE AMOUNT OF HEADSETS CONNECTED TO STEAM IS WHAT MATTERS HERE................................

On the survey they have about 1.3% of Steam users have a headset connected TO STEAM.  Which means around 2 million headsets...  Selling a game to half of those people in one month is INCREDIBLE.

Put it this way... Beat Saber is one of the most popular VR games ever, is released on EVERYTHING including PSVR.... and it sold 1 million after 10 months... and just reached 2 million.... 2 years later.  Beat Saber is a game that appeals to a far wider range of VR gamers than Half-Life... no matter how much you're trying to crutch your argument on the IP.

The fact is that tons of people who own VR sets bought HL:A.... and the people who didn't consider VR until this game... are STILL WAITING for their hardware to arrive... because they are 2 months behind..  That's a fucking $1200 headset...

VR has a long way to go because it has to get cheaper... and it will... the more games like HL:A release and sell well.  VR games don't need 100m budgets...  HL:A proves that these games can easily be successful if done well.  It will hopefully lead to other publishers to leverage their IPs and push adoption further.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

About 2.8 million PC headsets have been sold, out of that how many are being resold whether by private sale or a second hand shop of some kind? How many are not wanting to play or into a game like this?

So only 2.8 million, and you're saying that there's a large chunk of that number in which the owner quit on it and resold it?

So...........VR is definitely not taking off.

Just now, jehurey said:

So only 2.8 million, and you're saying that there's a large chunk of that number in which the owner quit on it and resold it?

So...........VR is definitely not taking off.

How many PS4's do you actually think are actively in use in peoples homes? Probably not even 1/2 of what's been sold. 

That's just the way of things. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

How many PS4's do you actually think are actively in use in peoples homes? Probably not even 1/2 of what's been sold. 

That's just the way of things. 

About at least double the amount of Xbox Ones.

Nah............there's probably only about 20-25 actual active Xbox One users, so I'll say 3.5x-4x more.

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You're the one not listening... And no... their hardware hasn't always been getting sold out AND BACKORDERED for 2 months since launch...

You're the idiot who needs to listen dude.... THE AMOUNT OF HEADSETS CONNECTED TO STEAM IS WHAT MATTERS HERE................................

On the survey they have about 1.3% of Steam users have a headset connected TO STEAM.  Which means around 2 million headsets...  Selling a game to half of those people in one month is INCREDIBLE.

Put it this way... Beat Saber is one of the most popular VR games ever, is released on EVERYTHING including PSVR.... and it sold 1 million after 10 months... and just reached 2 million.... 2 years later.  Beat Saber is a game that appeals to a far wider range of VR gamers than Half-Life... no matter how much you're trying to crutch your argument on the IP.

The fact is that tons of people who own VR sets bought HL:A.... and the people who didn't consider VR until this game... are STILL WAITING for their hardware to arrive... because they are 2 months behind..  That's a fucking $1200 headset...

VR has a long way to go because it has to get cheaper... and it will... the more games like HL:A release and sell well.  VR games don't need 100m budgets...  HL:A proves that these games can easily be successful if done well.  It will hopefully lead to other publishers to leverage their IPs and push adoption further.

Nahhhhhhh...........you're talking about Valve as a HARDWARE supplier.

You boasting about sell-out when it comes to Valve is basically worthless.

They're a shitty supplier, they did not plan for a massive rollout of hardware.

I've made this argument before: Valve is CONSTANTLY failing to deliver the basic things that you would expect from a platform-holder.

They probably only plan of manufacturing 200K-500K pieces of hardware and then stop, and then they let backorders collect again, and then they have their manufacturer produce another round of hardware.

I've seen independent vinyl record labels do a better job of supplying product to willing buyers.