Beta for Deadly Premonition 2 starts July 10th

22 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

I legit thought there was a beta for this game, as your knock-off 'beta test' bait didn't even register in my mind as Switch is the premier platform.

For those unaware, the full game is launching July 10th! Holy SHit!@

So much sooner than expected.

Lol yeah the thread title is misleading, i was like 'what? why is this game getting a beta'

But im definitely getting this day 1. Its going to be a good reason to use my switch, the thing has been collecting dust for a while now.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:mj: 

that bait just doesn't work for this game.

this will legitimately hurt me physically when this gets ported though. hopefully something awful happens to the port and it's really broken or just can't come out.

this game needs to be respected as a 'real' game thus it needs to stay on ONE PLATFORM only.

6 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

we don't know what the 'other' platforms will be.

Hopefully it's just the 'Bone so it's still like no one else can play it.

I'm so happy this is likely a timed exclusive. 

That means there's a time limit on how long you're going to enjoy this game for, before it gets taken away from you... like candy from a baby.  :glad: 

I call that a "Lovely Premonition"  :juggle: 

Edited by Remij_
  • Haha 1

Making a sequel to this seems tone deaf. The first one had charm because it was a game so bad it was good. It’s not an experience you can replicate with a sequel with out it feeling forced or fake. 

Without that charm it has nothing to stand on because the first one in terms of mechanics was absolutely atrocious and a janky hot mess.

3 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

we'll see, the hasty release is a bit questionable.

It'll ride the reception of the first post-release though, so I think it'll score higher based on the fact that reviewers will acknowledge they didn't 'get' the first game.

:juggle: 

Just as long as there isn’t a chapter where I have to talk to 20 different people in a room with 3 min unskipable  cutscenes like the first one I’ll def give it a shot

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Lol yeah the thread title is misleading, i was like 'what? why is this game getting a beta'

But im definitely getting this day 1. Its going to be a good reason to use my switch, the thing has been collecting dust for a while now.

misleading thread title, eh?

can't say I'm surprised.