• Google Music
    • YouTube Premium or Youtube
    • Tidal
    • Soundcloud
    • Torrent/Download
    • Amazon Music
    • Other

16 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

you think Amazon is something, let me remind you fools of the masquerading 'MaBell'.

I didn't even realize until yesterday that the SBC turned AT&T brand (don't ever forget it was SBC that bought a near dying AT&T & Cingular Wireless before renaming itself the new AT&T) it recently bought Spectrum which had recently acquired TimeWarner and it's RoadRunner Internet.

Where do I begin.  TimeWarner was responsible for the ending of the great days of pro-wrestling in 2001 when they were AOL TimeWarner and those hot shots at the board directors thought it was smart to completely sell a 12-24 year old age market to the competitor WWF.   TimeWarner were also at the center for nearly destroying the Video Game industry in 1983 when they were Warner Communications promoting their non-quality controlled Atari VCS 2600 that was spitting out garbage ET games to the point that Americans as a whole had enough and just said F-gaming.  

I would give them credit for CNN (though this was really Ted Turner's creation) but that CNN has been trash for a good 15+ years, and their pioneering premium cable channel HBO (another Turner creation), I lost all respect for when they started putting out fake documentaries.  To think all of that is owned by faux AT&T. 

Mind you the original 'MaBell' AT&T was partially responsible for Comcast being a juggernaut.  That 2001 buy out of Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI) cable with it's @Home High Speed Internet services, was the last big move made by the old AT&T brand before it sold that to Comcast in 2002, and then Comcast jack asses sought to acquire DirectTV and merge their crummy G4 gaming channel with the way ahead of it's time technology channel TechTV and pretty much turned it into a dumb gaming/gaming review channel.   

Only now thanks to the Youtube and other Internet streaming sites that Tech enthusiast found new avenues to talk about Tech.   Irony now that cable and broadcast industry is now looking like a dinosaur so no wonder they have been merging with each other.  

But with all that said, Amazon is being Amazon, it's doing what any other tech brand could have done but set on their asses. Can't hate them for that.

LOL, i completely undermine everything you just typed with your last sentence.

If you can't hate Amazon for being Amazon, then you can't hate "Ma Bell" for being "Ma Bell".

There's a reason why Bezos is getting as rich as quickly as he is, because he is cutting corners and taking over sectors of multiple industries just like the tel-com industry did.  If Whole Foods becomes shittier, then we know who's responsible. If your local grocery store, electronics store goes belly up, we know who is responsible. Twitch, Woot, etc.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, i completely undermine everything you just typed with your last sentence.

If you can't hate Amazon for being Amazon, then you can't hate "Ma Bell" for being "Ma Bell".

There's a reason why Bezos is getting as rich as quickly as he is, because he is cutting corners and taking over sectors of multiple industries just like the tel-com industry did.  If Whole Foods becomes shittier, then we know who's responsible. If your local grocery store, electronics store goes belly up, we know who is responsible. Twitch, Woot, etc.

I can't hate on MaBell because they are technically gone. The old AT&T is dead, it will forever be SBC masquarading as AT&T, which I am a subscriber to their Fiber Internet.   It be like if you owned Xbox, and went through a bitter war with PlayStation, and then suddenly you acquired PlayStation, so PlayStation is now XBOX, and then they rename themselves PlayStation

I realize the brand I hate that killed WCW, AOL TimeWarner is gone today too. 

Comcast well, f- comcast.  They are also the reason Keith Olberman left MSNBC and that network went trash a decade ago.

and you all know how I can't stand Woke-Disney for destroying Star Wars and having the audacity for buying up my childhood (Fox Kids) and later the whole FOX Broadcast/Studio.  

Edited by The Mother Fucker
5 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I can't hate on MaBell because they are technically gone. The old AT&T is dead, it will forever be SBC masquarading as AT&T, which I am a subscriber to their Fiber Internet.   It be like if you owned Xbox, and went through a bitter war with PlayStation, and then suddenly you acquired PlayStation, so PlayStation is now XBOX, and then they rename themselves PlayStation

I realize the brand I hate that killed WCW, AOL TimeWarner is gone today too. 

Comcast well, f- comcast.  They are also the reason Keith Olberman left MSNBC and that network went trash a decade ago.

and you all know how I can't stand Woke-Disney for destroying Star Wars and having the audacity for buying up my childhood (Fox Kids) and later the whole FOX Broadcast/Studio.  

Except the problem there is that the WCW that you watched would've never came to exist had the right to it not been scooped up by a corporation in the first place, notably TBS.

They scooped up assets from Jim Crockett Promotions, they put in place the guy who would remake the show with artistic choices that proved to be a hit with the right audience.

Since its a corporate owned show, it has no autonomy. Since Vince still has control of WWE, should Fox or Disney go in the toilet tomorrow, Vince is still able to move the show somewhere else.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Except the problem there is that the WCW that you watched would've never came to exist had the right to it not been scooped up by a corporation in the first place, notably TBS.

They scooped up assets from Jim Crockett Promotions, they put in place the guy who would remake the show with artistic choices that proved to be a hit with the right audience.

Since its a corporate owned show, it has no autonomy. Since Vince still has control of WWE, should Fox or Disney go in the toilet tomorrow, Vince is still able to move the show somewhere else.

that is true, a silver lining.  I don't hate WWE btw.

But from a corporate standpoint it was dumb move for TimeWarner. 

now look at them try to get back into wrestling with AEW.

It reminds me of the faux AT&T (SBC) making efforts to expand into TV/High-Speed internet to compete with Comcast, when it's old acquiree 'MaBell' AT&T of 2001, had practically a majority of Cable & HIS industry.

2 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

you think Amazon is something, let me remind you fools of the masquerading 'MaBell'.

stopped right there, never heard of mabell. also i was kinda jk. :freeman:  

• Haha 1

for the last I wanna say 8 month, I can honestly say 'none.' :D

and i'm not psycho. It's just. Music lasts 3 minutes. What's the point.

:D

(I like my brain. I think i'm on to something). 

2 hours ago, kokujin said:

for the last I wanna say 8 month, I can honestly say 'none.' :D

and i'm not psycho. It's just. Music lasts 3 minutes. What's the point.

:D

(I like my brain. I think i'm on to something). 

you don't like music? :| 

On 2020-05-02 at 2:45 PM, kaz said:

you don't like music? :| 

this is recent lol. and yes. I like music it's been great. but I dont' spend time listening to songs anymore.  :|  i hyear music when I play art. that's some good art.  but nyah, I don't search out  music anymore. I'd say Chance The Rapper is the last american artist I've searched out. And I'd go back to around the same timeline for Japanese music too. (Japanese pop music sucks).  

I got enough thoughts in my thoughts to meditate through. 

Edited by kokujin
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

this is recent lol. and yes. I like music it's been great. but I dont' spend time listening to songs anymore.  :|  i hyear music when I play art. that's some good art.  but nyah, I don't search out  music anymore. I'd say Chance The Rapper is the last american artist I've searched out. And I'd go back to around the same timeline for Japanese music too. (Japanese pop music sucks).  

I got enough thoughts in my thoughts to meditate through. 

i always listen to music, even when reading books most of the time. the music has to suit the theme of course but thats not hard if you like osts and ambient music. saying no to music weirds me out

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, kaz said:

i always listen to music, even when reading books most of the time. the music has to suit the theme of course but thats not hard if you like osts and ambient music. saying no to music weirds me out

silent reading does sound hard.

saying no to music werids me out too. but it's ron paul'ing in my life right now. I don't read for pleasure except a jap book.  I'll put terrace house in the background for ambiance (it's dialogue).

• Ben 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-04-30 at 8:50 PM, jehurey said:

damn, how long have you had it.

I've been on and off Google Play for like 4-5 years, but that's because I got six free months of Spotify in between.

I'm kinda wary about Youtube music, I had already gotten used to Google Play. Even though Spotify may do a better job listing all the new music that released that week, whereas Google Play only seems like to list 10 or 12 singles/albums in that section.

On 2020-04-30 at 8:41 PM, Alphonse said:

google music/youtube music cause I'm grandfathered into a 7.99 plan plus ad free youtube

Google music is being phased out

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/12/21254378/youtube-music-google-play-library-transfer-announced

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-04-30 at 9:04 PM, Alphonse said:

SInce Launch :bisonben:

On 2020-05-01 at 2:56 PM, The Mother Fucker said:

I use Google Music primarily, since I have an Android phone. 

I occasionally may go to Youtube to play a song I don't own. 

I had it for a while but I'm slowly starting to use Amazon Music as well since I'm a Prime member. 

Check-ch-check-checkcheck-checkitout

Youtube Music or Youtube Premium or Google Play Subscribers can get a coupon from the Google Store to buy a Google Home Mini for free. Basically knocks down the $49 Google Home Mini (in one of four colors) down to zero when checking out.

This is paid subscribers, not people on trial memberships.

I'm assuming this is for US only.

Click here to get the coupon code, and it will then take you to the Google Store to buy the mini, and you can check out really quickly if you're already logged into Google.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14083460-free-google-nest-mini-via-google-play-music-yt-premium-yt-music-users

Edited by jehurey
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Check-ch-check-checkcheck-checkitout

Youtube Music or Youtube Premium or Google Play Subscribers can get a coupon from the Google Store to buy a Google Home Mini for free. Basically knocks down the $49 Google Home Mini (in one of four colors) down to zero when checking out.

This is paid subscribers, not people on trial memberships.

I'm assuming this is for US only.

Click here to get the coupon code, and it will then take you to the Google Store to buy the mini, and you can check out really quickly if you're already logged into Google.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14083460-free-google-nest-mini-via-google-play-music-yt-premium-yt-music-users

damn, we winning :whew: