I sometimes want to die.

It's not because I am sad or depressed.  I have systemic Lupus and I get all kinds of weird pains.  Lately I've been dealing with a searing nerve pain in my upper spine that radiates out into my arms.  It's awful and I hide it  from everyone because how do you explain something you can't see?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, ©linton514® said:

Are there any therapies or medications to help deal with the pain?

Yes and they are awful.  One is chemotherapy, another is an immune suppression medication, and another is nerve medication.  I go into remission with no treatment but during the flare ups is when it sucks.  Usually it attacks my joints, tendons, and muscles.  This time it is my nerves.  It sucks because there is nothing you can do to soothe it.  You can soothe achy soft tissue.  You can't soothe inflamed nerves that are being attacked by your own immune system.  

40 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Yes and they are awful.  One is chemotherapy, another is an immune suppression medication, and another is nerve medication.  I go into remission with no treatment but during the flare ups is when it sucks.  Usually it attacks my joints, tendons, and muscles.  This time it is my nerves.  It sucks because there is nothing you can do to soothe it.  You can soothe achy soft tissue.  You can't soothe inflamed nerves that are being attacked by your own immune system.  

Damn. Very unfortunate. I had similar pains but not as bad for the past 5 years. 

How often do you have flare ups, and are you on and off medication?

51 minutes ago, lostfool said:

does exercise help at all (if you are able to exercise)? i wonder if static training helps. 

2 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I've been feeling light pain and tightening in my chest for the past month.  I don't want to die, but I do wonder if it might be corona. 

it's my arrow of love that hit your heart, handsome. :dreamy: 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

does exercise help at all (if you are able to exercise)? i wonder if static training helps. 

Yes it actually works but not with my current issue.  It makes it worse because of the inflammation.  I tried and it was too painful.  

1 hour ago, ©linton514® said:

Damn. Very unfortunate. I had similar pains but not as bad for the past 5 years. 

How often do you have flare ups, and are you on and off medication?

About twice a year.  No meds they make me feel worse.  

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I've been feeling light pain and tightening in my chest for the past month.  I don't want to die, but I do wonder if it might be corona. 

You may have inflammation in the cartilage of your ribs.  But I recommend seeing a doctor.  

6 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Yes it actually works but not with my current issue.  It makes it worse because of the inflammation.  I tried and it was too painful.  

damn, sorry to hear bro. i know a girl who has lupus and it's rough on her. 

Why is it hard to explain to people? It's not like people are unfamiliar with the concept of pain that they can't see. Anybody that can't understand 'I have Lupus and go through some fucked up pain' isn't worth the time.

7 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Smoke weed and quit being a pussy 

Dude I ate a brownie the other day that sent me to another universe.  I was fucked up 

7 hours ago, -GD- said:

damn, sorry to hear bro. i know a girl who has lupus and it's rough on her. 

It seems to be generally worse with women but deadlier for guys if that makes any sense?