Confusion mounts: The Medium is a Xbox Serius L console exclusive, won't be playable on Xbox One

40 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

MS: cross gen support will not limit Series X games in any way. All games are scalable.

The Medium dev: our game simply could not work the same on current gen

:mj:

Could be consistent if it's the SSD they need. Psychological horror game so I can see quick cuts re-rendering the world kind of thing that they'd be unable to hide on an HDD.

3 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Could be consistent if it's the SSD they need. Psychological horror game so I can see quick cuts re-rendering the world kind of thing that they'd be unable to hide on an HDD.

Oh, don't misinterpret what I'm saying, I believe them (The Medium devs) . I've been saying this all along.

It's the bs that games needing to accommodate for Xbox One (base) won't hold back Series X games that I don't believe. There was this huge thread a while back where all the lemmings were saying that no announced PS5 exclusive (first party) launch window game would be impossible on a PS4 if it's gfx were scaled down (basically same as MS announcing all their games for the next 2 years being cross gen). Next gen exclusive games are 100% going to be designed from the ground up with that SSD and next gen specs in mind, among other factors. Not every little thing can be 'scaled' down and made to accommodate current gen machines. We aren't even at launch yet and a mid tier AA indie studio has already confirmed that as true. 

25 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Oh, don't misinterpret what I'm saying, I believe them (The Medium devs) . I've been saying this all along.

It's the bs that games needing to accommodate for Xbox One (base) won't hold back Series X games that I don't believe. There was this huge thread a while back where all the lemmings were saying that no announced PS5 exclusive (first party) launch window game would be impossible on a PS4 if it's gfx were scaled down (basically same as MS announcing all their games for the next 2 years being cross gen). Next gen exclusive games are 100% going to be designed from the ground up with that SSD and next gen specs in mind, among other factors. Not every little thing can be 'scaled' down and made to accommodate current gen machines. We aren't even at launch yet and a mid tier AA indie studio has already confirmed that as true. 

Next up is a 4 tflop Lockhart with 12 gigs of RAM doesn't hold up development for Series X bullshit debunked.

11 hours ago, madmaltese said:

MS: cross gen support will not limit Series X games in any way. All games are scalable.

The Medium dev: our game simply could not work the same on current gen

:mj:

Lmao you are such a Sony dicksucking lying fangirl LoL

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Lmao you are such a Sony dicksucking lying fangirl LoL

You’re the main idiot that was saying that stuff :mj:

‘THere won’t be a single PS5 launch exclusive that couldn’t be scaled down to current gen’ :grimaceleft:

was expecting for Sony first party to prove you wrong but a medium tier indie working on a series X game did instead :lawl:

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You’re the main idiot that was saying that stuff :mj:

‘THere won’t be a single PS5 launch exclusive that couldn’t be scaled down to current gen’ :grimaceleft:

was expecting for Sony first party to prove you wrong but a medium tier indie working on a series X game did instead :lawl:

I dont see any Sony games announced do I?

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Says the Microsoft dicksucking lying fangirl. :drake:

Sorry lynux, I’m the fan girl for playing all MS games even the 5.0 games. Jonb is not the fangirl for skipping GOTY noms year after year cause they are on PlayStation.

its perfect logic 

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I dont see any Sony games announced do I?

You’re so stupid it hurts :biggrin:

Fucking Bloober Team already proved your bs wrong. Don’t even need Sony. This mid tier indie game couldn’t be scaled down for current gen. Or is the dev making a series x timed exclusive a Sony dicksucking fangirl too? :biggrin:

‘but but anything can be scaled down’:lul:

you twist what Ms says because you are a dicksucking sony fangirl :jordan3:

You love shitty games so obviously review scores matter not to you so I'm not quite sure why you think they should to me .

DICKSUCKER LOL

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

You’re so stupid it hurts :biggrin:

Fucking Bloober Team already proved your bs wrong. Don’t even need Sony. This mid tier indie game couldn’t be scaled down for current gen. Or is the dev making a series x timed exclusive a Sony dicksucking fangirl too? :biggrin:

‘but but anything can be scaled down’:lul:

To be fair.. we haven't seen the game yet... they haven't proved anything wrong.  I'm betting with a little extra work, whatever they are doing could be "mostly" translated to current gen... with more loading screens and smaller zones.  Developers used to make quite different versions of Genesis and SNES games with different assets and levels completely in some cases.  These devs probably dont have the resources to do the extra work required, and want to focus on where the excitement is going to be.. and that's next gen only.

I mean fuck... RE2 was scaled down from 2 CDs to one N64 cart with full FMVs and audio... If there's a will... there's a way.

We'll have to see the game first though to really understand.

Edited by Remij_