Digital Foundry The Wonderful 101

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Digital Foundry confirms that the lack of a true second screen solution is "the bigger issue"

Sorry, we use Gamespot here. Go cry somewhere else about the IGN review.

People who paid for that kickstarter got the..................say it with me...................INFERIOR version of the game.

Oh my god, they honestly used the SAME TEXTURES as the Wii U version, on the PC???????? Not even in your worst case scenario would you have imagine that happening.

Platinum Games played your sorry asses. LOL

Playing on WiiU and owning a WiiU is a much bigger issue.  Performing WORSE than the WiiU is the biggest issue there could possibly be :mj: 

Yea... we do use Gamespot... and they gave the Switch version specifically a 4/10... glad you finally agree :kaz: 

Sheep paid for the Switch version in the kickstarter... and funded the worst version of the game... in the Switch version.  They also paid for ports of SUPERIOR versions, like the PC and PS4 Pro.

Oh god... going on about the textures again :rofl: "not even in the worst case could you expect that Japanese console game port to have the same visuals as the console version!!!!" he says :rofls: 

OMG Sheep got played HARD! 

giphy.gif 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His impressions of the game he plays is actually longer than the time he spent with it.

The Dreadful 4.0  

Switch runs 10 to 12 frames under Wiiu in parts w drops under 30  no AA 

14 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Playing on WiiU and owning a WiiU is a much bigger issue. 

Sorry, Digital Foundry didn't say it was.

its about the game, and how the game is meant to be played.

You're in no position to critique having cumbersome gaming hardware.

Just now, jehurey said:

Sorry, Digital Foundry didn't say it was.

its about the game, and how the game is meant to be played.

You're in no position to critique having cumbersome gaming hardware.

Sure I am.  You're calling a PC cumbersome gaming hardware :mj:

And sorry... the game was meant to be played on the platforms it releases for.  Which now include PC and PS4.. and thats where the game is best.

That Switch version tho... yikes 4/10 GS :holeup:

Just now, Remij_ said:

Sure I am.  You're calling a PC cumbersome gaming hardware :mj:

And sorry... the game was meant to be played on the platforms it releases for.  Which now include PC and PS4.. and thats where the game is best.

That Switch version tho... yikes 4/10 GS :holeup:

It is cumbersome when you don't even successfully recreate the proper experience.

Its a failure IN hardware

Digital Foundry is pointing out that they weren't able to re-purpose it to their satisfaction.

"the bigger issue"

There's nothing you can say that changes that, even though you've been trying (and failing).

25 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It is cumbersome when you don't even successfully recreate the proper experience.

Its a failure IN hardware

Digital Foundry is pointing out that they weren't able to re-purpose it to their satisfaction.

"the bigger issue"

There's nothing you can say that changes that, even though you've been trying (and failing).

Nope.  As I've said... the BIGGER issue is owning a WiiU in 2020 and playing and having to look between a tablet and your TV.  The remastered version fixes that issue... provides full support to be played with any controller I want... and higher resolutions and performance.

The FACT remains... that the Switch version specifically scored 4/10 at GS.. and the PC and PRO versions are reviewing very well.  And Sheep helped fun this game coming to those platforms.

This is the definitive way to play the game now.  The WiiU version is rendered irrelevant.  

Sheep lost.

Nintendo lost.

:francis: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nope.  As I've said... the BIGGER issue is owning a WiiU in 2020 and playing and having to look between a tablet and your TV.  The remastered version fixes that issue... provides full support to be played with any controller I want... and higher resolutions and performance.

The FACT remains... that the Switch version specifically scored 4/10 at GS.. and the PC and PRO versions are reviewing very well.  And Sheep helped fun this game coming to those platforms.

This is the definitive way to play the game now.  The WiiU version is rendered irrelevant.  

Sheep lost.

Nintendo lost.

:francis: 

No, owning a Wii U in 2020 isn't the bigger issue.

Because a person would've bought it years ago.

And playing Wonderful 101 PROPERLY with a Wii U gamepad isn't an issue............because they would've done it years ago.

Oh by the way..............the PC ended up having frame-pacing issues............so apparent that a fan mod had to fix it.

Of course, the reviews are not going to factor fan-made patches.

So even the PC version is having glitches.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, owning a Wii U in 2020 isn't the bigger issue.

Because a person would've bought it years ago.

And playing Wonderful 101 PROPERLY with a Wii U gamepad isn't an issue............because they would've done it years ago.

Oh by the way..............the PC ended up having frame-pacing issues............so apparent that a fan mod had to fix it.

Of course, the reviews are not going to factor fan-made patches.

So even the PC version is having glitches.

Yea, it is.  It's a huge issue... as even in all the years leading up to this... most people DONT have WiiUs.  And those who do... aren't going to want to drag that shit out to play a game because it had a some tablet function.  They're going to load up the game and play the superior version on their relevant platforms and play it on a single screen with better visuals and performance.

But the lord and savior Digital Foundry didn't mention it... as it doesn't happen on all configurations :reg: 

And ahhh mods and patches fix everything on PC :blessed: 

There'll be a mod for the pip to be used on a separate screen/tablet I'm sure... for people who want to play that way.  As well as mods that fix the "OH NO" WiiU textures.. as well as probably all sorts of other mods that put the PC versions value far ahead of the others :juggle: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, it is.  It's a huge issue... as even in all the years leading up to this... most people DONT have WiiUs

No it isn't

its a Wii U exclusive............that is what pisses you off.

That's not my problem.

And now, you are trying to settle for an inferior design of the game.............that's fine, I got no problem for you settling, if its good enough for you.

But lying to others isn't going to help. LOL

Little too late to whine about getting a Wii U in 2020. Probably best to direct your anger at Platinum games for not trying to harder to create a more elegant solution, and putting some work into this port.

Just now, jehurey said:

No it isn't

its a Wii U exclusive............that is what pisses you off.

That's not my problem.

And now, you are trying to settle for an inferior design of the game.............that's fine, I got no problem for you settling, if its good enough for you.

But lying to others isn't going to help. LOL

Little too late to whine about getting a Wii U in 2020. Probably best to direct your anger at Platinum games for not trying to harder to create a more elegant solution, and putting some work into this port.

Yep.  And you know owning a WiiU is the biggest issue this game faces.

And it's not inferior... it's superior... like I stated.. for all the reasons I stated.

Better res, better performance, faster loading, better controls, and actually on relevant platforms.  That ALL equates to a better experience than the game on WiiU.

Sorry pal.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yep.  And you know owning a WiiU is the biggest issue this game faces.

And it's not inferior... it's superior... like I stated.. for all the reasons I stated.

Better res, better performance, faster loading, better controls, and actually on relevant platforms.  That ALL equates to a better experience than the game on WiiU.

Sorry pal.

No it isn't.

I have a Wii U.

I have the original copy of the game.

Its not the "biggest issue" for me............in fact, you gave the perfect descriptor a while ago.

I'll quote you:

That's great!!!:situation:

You got it right, that time.

Actually they said controls are worse..............especially for the PS4's trackpad, they said it simply is not suitable.

And now people on neogaf are saying that the controls are laggier than the original.

AND the frame pacing issue.

So, its just looking like a case where Platinum underwhelmed with making their port. There is NO VERSION of you that exists in which a developer takes the SAME RESOLUTION TEXTURES from a Wii U game from 2013 and slaps them on a PC port of that game with NO IMPROVEMENT OR CHANGE in those textures whatsoever.

You're not fooling anybody if you try to pretend that isn't one of the biggest examples of half-ass and "underwhelming" when it comes to the subject of porting to PC.

And you know it.............and that's why you got angry.

Listen guys I hate that racist @jehurey as much as the next but this is not a flop. I skipped out on this game 10 years ago, and no sheep hyped this. It’s a fucking port. And even if it was a whole fuckin remake, I still wouldn’t buy it. 

ownage denied 

tchbo tho

Edited by ghostz
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't.

I have a Wii U.

I have the original copy of the game.

Its not the "biggest issue" for me............in fact, you gave the perfect descriptor a while ago.

I'll quote you:

You got it right, that time.

Actually they said controls are worse..............especially for the PS4's trackpad, they said it simply is not suitable.

And now people on neogaf are saying that the controls are laggier than the original.

AND the frame pacing issue.

So, its just looking like a case where Platinum underwhelmed with making their port. There is NO VERSION of you that exists in which a developer takes the SAME RESOLUTION TEXTURES from a Wii U game from 2013 and slaps them on a PC port of that game with NO IMPROVEMENT OR CHANGE in those textures whatsoever.

You're not fooling anybody if you try to pretend that isn't one of the biggest examples of half-ass and "underwhelming" when it comes to the subject of porting to PC.

And you know it.............and that's why you got angry.

Nope.  That's DEFINITELY the biggest issue.  You're not fooling anyone.. you're the guy who thought syncing a Wiimote to the PC would be some monumental task.

The res is better, framerates better, controls are better.. no looking down at tiny screen.. the loading is WAY faster.

And sorry, like I said... no Japanese games improve their textures in releases like this.  Nobody was expecting textures in this game to be improved lmfao... the resolution and framerate of course... and they were :smoke: 

The WiiU version is no longer the way to play this game.  Nintendo LOST.  Plat played them. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nope.  That's DEFINITELY the biggest issue.  You're not fooling anyone.. you're the guy who thought syncing a Wiimote to the PC would be some monumental task.

The res is better, framerates better, controls are better.. no looking down at tiny screen.. the loading is WAY faster.

And sorry, like I said... no Japanese games improve their textures in releases like this.  Nobody was expecting textures in this game to be improved lmfao... the resolution and framerate of course... and they were :smoke: 

The WiiU version is no longer the way to play this game.  Nintendo LOST.  Plat played them. 

The Wii U version WAS the way to play ..... 10 years ago. :reg: enjoy your scraps, it shows you’re begging to play Nintendo games anyway 

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

The Wii U version WAS the way to play ..... 10 years ago. :reg: enjoy your scraps, it shows you’re begging to play Nintendo games anyway 

Yep.  It WAS.

:juggle: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No it isn't.

Anybody who wanted to play it would've done it on a Wii U a long time ago.

You don't have higher resolution textures. You're getting 720p-designed textures at 1080p or at 4K???????????

I really feel disappointed in Platinum Games.........FOR you on YOUR behalf.

And it just shows your thirst for you to be sitting here pretending that isn't totally and completely embarassing.

And on top of that............the glitches, the laggier controls.............the frame pacing.

And the completely failure to properly recreate an important design of the game, the second screen.

Nintendo already WON.............7 years ago.

Enjoy what you have "settled" for.

26 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Any console game will eventually be boosted on PC. You’ll be able to play some bangers in 10 years. :juggle:

That would be the case... if MS, and now Sony weren't already making games for PC :hehe:

And Nintendo... well.. Switch is 3 years on the market and we already have good emulation.  We're playing those Nintendo games whether Nintendo wants us to or not :mickey: