Digital Foundry The Wonderful 101

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

I also love how I'm a PS4-only gamer now. Like as if I don't clearly tell people that I play games on Switch and PC as well.

Yea, you're probably as much of a Switch/PC gamer as you are a PS4 gamer.  I mean, you actually call yourself a PS4 gamer? :mj: 

:rofl: 

And TW101 is best on PC.  Worst on Switch.  And the WiiU version is where it belongs... in the closet.... forgotten. :kaz: 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His impressions of the game he plays is actually longer than the time he spent with it.

The Dreadful 4.0  

Switch runs 10 to 12 frames under Wiiu in parts w drops under 30  no AA 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, you're probably as much of a Switch/PC gamer as you are a PS4 gamer.  I mean, you actually call yourself a PS4 gamer? :mj: 

:rofl: 

And TW101 is best on PC.  Worst on Switch.  And the WiiU version is where it belongs... in the closet.... forgotten. :kaz: 

No it isn't, if it was you would've provided some actual evidence from now.

You apparently knew so little of the CEMU version, that I had to inform you about specific glitches and missing graphical effects.

You also apparently knew so little of the remastered ports, that I had to inform you about constant glitches, the absolute failure of them even attempting to improve the textures over the Wii U version, and the apparent frame pacing issues.

It just straight up looks like I know more about W101 than you do. You have no credibility on the subject.

Which explains you running away and wanting to talk about me.

Too bad these ports couldn't improve on the original Wii U version.  And too bad you didn't know anything about it.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't, if it was you would've provided some actual evidence from now.

You apparently knew so little of the CEMU version, that I had to inform you about specific glitches and missing graphical effects.

You also apparently knew so little of the remastered ports, that I had to inform you about constant glitches, the absolute failure of them even attempting to improve the textures over the Wii U version, and the apparent frame pacing issues.

It just straight up looks like I know more about W101 than you do. You have no credibility on the subject.

Which explains you running away and wanting to talk about me.

Too bad these ports couldn't improve on the original Wii U version.  And too bad you didn't know anything about it.

It's factually best.  Better performance, better res, better input method, WAY faster loading.  You're in a desperate bid to downplay it being better because the Switch version is absolutely HORRIFYING... and so you're trying to fall back on the WiiU version :mj:  Also bringing up WiiU textures and my expectations of them "not being met"... lmao it's so fucking embarrassing.

But not as embarrassing as your Playstation game time.  You've lost ANY credibility you ever had dude.  You don't play games... you play politics... and when you're not whining about politics you're playing sales cards.  That's the extent of your existence here.

Like I said... you can't and won't even prove that you've played TW101 on WiiU.  In fact... I outright don't believe you have.  You could show me a picture of your WiiU and the Game.. and I still wouldn't believe you... because you "bought GT:Sport" and argued about how amazing that game was and how it was going to be constantly updated.... and you haven't even touched it ONCE.

You've lost any credibility.

And it's really too bad that the Switch version got 4/10 and you're forced to stan for a 7 year old WiiU version that's factually worse in every regard than the PC and PRO versions.  bubu picture in picture... how can I deal with it :cry:  oh that's right... it's nicer to just look at one screen instead of looking down and up and down and up between a TV and a fucking tablet... which is why the WiiU failed and was a piece of shit.  Sold worse than Xbox despite having a LOT of the same games Switch has...  LMAO... that just goes to show you EXACTLY how people felt about the WiiU and it's tablet :rofl: 

9 hours ago, Remij_ said:

It's factually best.  Better performance, better res, better input method, WAY faster loading.  You're in a desperate bid to downplay it being better because the Switch version is absolutely HORRIFYING... and so you're trying to fall back on the WiiU version :mj:  Also bringing up WiiU textures and my expectations of them "not being met"... lmao it's so fucking embarrassing.

But not as embarrassing as your Playstation game time.  You've lost ANY credibility you ever had dude.  You don't play games... you play politics... and when you're not whining about politics you're playing sales cards.  That's the extent of your existence here.

Like I said... you can't and won't even prove that you've played TW101 on WiiU.  In fact... I outright don't believe you have.  You could show me a picture of your WiiU and the Game.. and I still wouldn't believe you... because you "bought GT:Sport" and argued about how amazing that game was and how it was going to be constantly updated.... and you haven't even touched it ONCE.

You've lost any credibility.

And it's really too bad that the Switch version got 4/10 and you're forced to stan for a 7 year old WiiU version that's factually worse in every regard than the PC and PRO versions.  bubu picture in picture... how can I deal with it :cry:  oh that's right... it's nicer to just look at one screen instead of looking down and up and down and up between a TV and a fucking tablet... which is why the WiiU failed and was a piece of shit.  Sold worse than Xbox despite having a LOT of the same games Switch has...  LMAO... that just goes to show you EXACTLY how people felt about the WiiU and it's tablet :rofl: 

No, it isn't.

It actually has framerate pacing issues. It has poorly repurposed the second screen display.  And it has the same textures.  The same textures. You can't say anything to compensate for that. Its a low-poly game to begin with if you ever saw a close-up of any character. So the graphical improvements are largely relegated to performance, and even then its not smooth.

Better input method? LOL Digital Foundry even says that the PS4's trackpad fails horribly. You have no adequate equal to the gamepad second screen touch controls. It doesn't exist.

Why are you making blatant lies at this point?

You lost this argument...........if you feel the need to move onto other subjects to try and discredit me.

THank you for your admission that you have lost the argument on W101.

Now you're moving the GT Sport butthurt subject.

Its hilarious how mad you are, because you know you are losing this argument. All because you brought CEMU, and I proved that you don't know anything the game on CEMU, and how bad it runs. And the fact that you have never played any Nintendo game on CEMU is any meaningful capacity. I made fun of you for that three years ago. If you haven't rectified that situation. That's on you.

Edited by jehurey
15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, it isn't.

It actually has framerate pacing issues. It has poorly repurposed the second screen display.  And it has the same textures.  The same textures. You can't say anything to compensate for that. Its a low-poly game to begin with if you ever saw a close-up of any character. So the graphical improvements are largely relegated to performance, and even then its not smooth.

Better input method? LOL Digital Foundry even says that the PS4's trackpad fails horribly. You have no adequate equal to the gamepad second screen touch controls. It doesn't exist.

Why are you making blatant lies at this point?

You lost this argument...........if you feel the need to move onto other subjects to try and discredit me.

THank you for your admission that you have lost the argument on W101.

Now you're moving the GT Sport butthurt subject.

Its hilarious how mad you are, because you know you are losing this argument. All because you brought CEMU, and I proved that you don't know anything the game on CEMU, and how bad it runs. And the fact that you have never played any Nintendo game on CEMU is any meaningful capacity. I made fun of you for that three years ago. If you haven't rectified that situation. That's on you.

Yep. It is.

It actually doesn't have frame pacing issues.  Maybe on certain configurations.  Your BFF Digital Foundry didn't seem to mention anything about them.  Too bad for you.

And yes... better input methods.  There's an input method built into the game since the WiiU version that is better than having to divide my attention between a tablet and my TV.  It's called the right analog stick.  It's been there since the beginning.  Look how many people complain about actually drawing the shit even on the WiiU toy-blet :mj: 

You're NOT convincing ANYONE Jer.  You haven't even played this game, judging by how little you play everything else you "play"... And that's FACTUAL.

And the BEST thing about it... is on PC you can map the stick to Gyro controls :glad: 

EASILY the best input method for the game.  I use the controller Iwant to use. :smoke: 

You've lost this argument... and every other one you get into with me.

And I can play the CEMU version ANY TIME I WANT :glad: and at higher resolutions, faster framerates, faster loading :blessed: 

The Wonder FU to the Sheep.  Thanks Plat, and thanks Nintendo. :juggle: 

Edited by Remij_
9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yep. It is.

It actually doesn't have frame pacing issues.  Maybe on certain configurations.  Your BFF Digital Foundry didn't seem to mention anything about them.  Too bad for you.

And yes... better input methods.  There's an input method built into the game since the WiiU version that is better than having to divide my attention between a tablet and my TV.  It's called the right analog stick.  It's been there since the beginning.  Look how many people complain about actually drawing the shit even on the WiiU toy-blet :mj: 

You're NOT convincing ANYONE Jer.  You haven't even played this game, judging by how little you play everything else you "play"... And that's FACTUAL.

And the BEST thing about it... is on PC you can map the stick to Gyro controls :glad: 

EASILY the best input method for the game.  I use the controller Iwant to use. :smoke: 

You've lost this argument... and every other one you get into with me.

And I can play the CEMU version ANY TIME I WANT :glad: and at higher resolutions, faster framerates, faster loading :blessed: 

The Wonder FU to the Sheep.  Thanks Plat, and that's Nintendo. :juggle: 

Yes it does have frame pacing issues. On the PC.

It doesn't have stable framerate on all of the console versions. It is confirmed on the PC.

No, it doesn't have better input. Once again, people playing the game have said that the game controls are laggier than the original. And in terms of second screen control. Digital Foundry specifically calls it "the bigger issue"

Those are their words, not mines. They literally said that how they handled re-purposing the second screen was a "bigger issue" than graphics and performance.

You are literally having to lose space on your screen, and that is what Digital Foundry considered to be the BEST option. Because the split screen option is much worse. PS4's touchpad completely fails. So you don't have any adequate touch control.

I love how you typed this:

When you are limited in your controls, because you don't have actual touch controls.

You don't have a response to the 720p textures lifted straight out of the Wii U version.............because you have been actively avoiding it for about 10 posts now.

And you don't play CEMU, nor any Nintendo games on CEMU on any meaningful level...........you've already admitted to that.

You've lost this argument on W101, and you embarassed yourself whenever you attempted to bring up CEMU.

And now, you're actively mad............which is pretty much you voluntarily choosing to sing victory music to my ears. Seeing you continually try to change subjects, and sound bitter in your hate towards Nintendo is VICTORY MUSIC.

Why would I want the victory music to stop????? Keep singing.

Edited by jehurey
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yes it does have frame pacing issues. On the PC.

It doesn't have stable framerate on all of the console versions. It is confirmed on the PC.

No, it doesn't have better input. Once again, people playing the game have said that the game controls are laggier than the original. And in terms of second screen control. Digital Foundry specifically calls it "the bigger issue"

Those are their words, not mines. They literally said that how they handled re-purposing the second screen was a "bigger issue" than graphics and performance.

You are literally having to lose space on your screen, and that is what Digital Foundry considered to be the BEST option. Because the split screen option is much worse. PS4's touchpad completely fails. So you don't have any adequate touch control.

I love how you typed this:

When you are limited in your controls, because you don't have actual touch controls.

You don't have a response to the 720p textures lifted straight out of the Wii U version.............because you have been actively avoiding it for about 10 posts now.

And you don't play CEMU, nor any Nintendo games on CEMU on any meaningful level...........you've already admitted to that.

You've lost this argument on W101, and you embarassed yourself whenever you attempted to bring up CEMU.

And now, you're actively mad............which is pretty much you voluntarily choosing to sing victory music to my ears. Seeing you continually try to change subjects, and sound bitter in your hate towards Nintendo is VICTORY MUSIC.

Why would I want the victory music to stop????? Keep singing.

Nope.  No mention from Digital Foundry.  Only happens on some configs apparently.  You can lock FPS with RTSS, or any frame limiter.

Consoles drop frames HARD... Switch especially.  WiiU too :hehe: 

And yes, it does have better input.  Most people prefer the right analog stick to drawing shit on the tiny WiiU tablet.  That's a fact.  And dividing your attention between the tablet and the screen is cumbersome... and factually worse... and Plat knew it... which is why they coded the game with alternate controls.  The WiiU shit was a gimmick and people treated it as such.

And looking at one screen with PIP that you can adjust the size of is VASTLY preferable to WiiU's tiny tablet.  I can have the PIP on my big screen be as small as I want it.. and it's still MUCH bigger than the crappy WiiU tablet.

No WiiU required :juggle: 

And yea, the game is better on CEMU than it is on WiiU.  I can play it any way I want now.  The way that is a slap to the face of Nintendo... or the way that helps Platinum Games take control of their own future and brings more titles to those platforms.  Switchcluded :juggle: 

Thanks Plat/Nintendo <3

34 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nope.  No mention from Digital Foundry.  Only happens on some configs apparently.

Then it is happening.

Another argument you've lost.

And the PC has framepacing issues.

Doesn't matter what you THINK most people prefer................it can't replicate what you can do on the Wii U.  And the only real attempt was on the PS4's touchpad, and it failed horrible. Digital FOundry went out of their way to note that the trackpad performs so badly that its basically not an option.

And then secondly.......you have to LOSE screen space because you have no choice but to put the second screen overlayed on top of the main screen. That is the best option you have.

You keep on talking about "options"...........because you're options are "comprised" and they only get worse from there.

No, it isn't cumbersome. Sorry, Digital Foundry even talks about how its one of the more successful uses of the Wii U Gamepad when the game came out.

Digital Foundry: "it was almost essential to interpreting the chaos in the action."

Digital Foundry: "Sadly there is no proper replacing a second touchscreen interface"

LOL, you are basically telling me that you ENJOY LOSING SCREEN SPACE over your MAIN PICTURE by enlarging the second sceren.

Well, the Wii U gamepad is 6.2" and that's being held about 18 inches from your face............so how big does it need to take up your monitor screen on the PC???????????????????? About a 1/6 of the screen for a 27" to 30" monitor in order to get the same amount of space as you would looking at the 6.2" screen on Wii U???

Try selling that as a positive.

SO you are going to lose MINIMUM this much screen space:

Dxz4MF5.jpg

:lawl:

No, the game isn't better on CEMU............you lost that argument easily. The video you posted as your example HAD NO SHADOWS. :lawl:

You're not going to play it...........because you don't want to actually play any Nintendo game on CEMU for any meaningful length.

I already made fun of you that you don't play Nintendo games on CEMU.............three years ago.

And you haven't actually played a Nintendo game on CEMU on any meaningful level, thus proving me right.

Keep on singing............I don't mind more victory laps.

Edited by jehurey
25 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Then it is happening.

Another argument you've lost.

And the PC has framepacing issues.

Doesn't matter what you THINK most people prefer................it can't replicate what you can do on the Wii U.  And the only real attempt was on the PS4's touchpad, and it failed horrible. Digital FOundry went out of their way to note that the trackpad performs so badly that its basically not an option.

And then secondly.......you have to LOSE screen space because you have no choice but to put the second screen overlayed on top of the main screen. That is the best option you have.

You keep on talking about "options"...........because you're options are "comprised" and they only get worse from there.

No, it isn't cumbersome. Sorry, Digital Foundry even talks about how its one of the more successful uses of the Wii U Gamepad when the game came out.

Digital Foundry: "it was almost essential to interpreting the chaos in the action."

Digital Foundry: "Sadly there is no proper replacing a second touchscreen interface"

LOL, you are basically telling me that you ENJOY LOSING SCREEN SPACE over your MAIN PICTURE by enlarging the second sceren.

Well, the Wii U gamepad is 6.2" and that's being held about 18 inches from your face............so how big does it need to take up your monitor screen on the PC???????????????????? About a 1/6 of the screen for a 27" to 30" monitor in order to get the same amount of space as you would looking at the 6.2" screen on Wii U???

Try selling that as a positive.

SO you are going to lose MINIMUM this much screen space:

Dxz4MF5.jpg

:lawl:

No, the game isn't better on CEMU............you lost that argument easily. The video you posted as your example HAD NO SHADOWS. :lawl:

You're not going to play it...........because you don't want to actually play any Nintendo game on CEMU for any meaningful length.

I already made fun of you that you don't play Nintendo games on CEMU.............three years ago.

And you haven't actually played a Nintendo game on CEMU on any meaningful level, thus proving me right.

Keep on singing............I don't mind more victory laps.

Yep.  Best on PC.  And you can limit the fps... on every PC.  It's a non issue.

What's an issue though are the horrendous frame drops on the WiiU version and even WORSE on the Switch version.  This game was MEANT to be played at 60fps... and neither Nintendo console can provide that :mj: 

And it's not what I think... most people DO prefer the right analog.  Run and tell that home boi home home home BOIIIIIIIII images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlv3w_7D9XyxYBuQvymHL

And YES... having the 2nd screen as a PIP is MUCH PREFERABLE to having to divide my attention between a tablet and monitor.

Thems the FAKZ tenor.gif?itemid=4255407

CEMU is ALSO factually better.  Both PC versions better res, faster loading, better performance.. whichever controller I want. :blessed: 

I've played more CEMU games this year to more of a degree than you have PS4... you're no authority.. I stripped that shit away from you when it became very apparent you was a sucka 

aMgG2jh.gif

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yep.  Best on PC.  And you can limit the fps... on every PC.  It's a non issue.

What's an issue though are the horrendous frame drops on the WiiU version and even WORSE on the Switch version.  This game was MEANT to be played at 60fps... and neither Nintendo console can provide that :mj: 

And it's not what I think... most people DO prefer the right analog.  Run and tell that home boi home home home BOIIIIIIIII

And YES... having the 2nd screen as a PIP is MUCH PREFERABLE to having to divide my attention between a tablet and monitor.

Thems the FAKZ

CEMU is ALSO factually better.  Both PC versions better res, faster loading, better performance.. whichever controller I want. :blessed: 

I've played more CEMU games this year to more of a degree than you have PS4... you're no authority.. I stripped that shit away from you when it became very apparent you was a sucka 

No.

You post no actual evidence.

You post nothing from Digital Foundry to defend yourself regarding the second screen being successfully implemented on the remaster.

PC has frame pacing issues..........you already confirmed this as happening.

Sorry............if you want to talk about how the game was meant to be played, then you have include the second screen.

And you already lost that argument. You are avoiding me on the size of the screen overlay. Digital Foundry already said that neither of options are better than the Wii U's second screen on the Gamepad.

You are avoiding me on the 720p Wii U textures that are still being used.

And you haven't played more CEMU. You haven't played any Nintendo game on CEMU in any meaningful way, and you keep on proving it to me by avoiding this topic and running away.

If you had the ability to prove me wrong, you would've done it by now.

I proved you wrong on CEMU playing the game perfectly.............didn't I? Yup, and I did it immediately and showed you proof. I even showed you proof with YOUR OWN VIDEO.:lawl:

And now..............you singing my victory song includes you trying to meme your way out of this.

So now you're singing like Dynocrap when he has lost to me.

Keep singing my victory music.

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.

You post no actual evidence.

You post nothing from Digital Foundry to defend yourself regarding the second screen being successfully implemented on the remaster.

PC has frame pacing issues..........you already confirmed this as happening.

Sorry............if you want to talk about how the game was meant to be played, then you have include the second screen.

And you already lost that argument. You are avoiding me on the size of the screen overlay. Digital Foundry already said that neither of options are better than the Wii U's second screen on the Gamepad.

You are avoiding me on the 720p Wii U textures that are still being used.

And you haven't played more CEMU. You haven't played any Nintendo game on CEMU in any meaningful way, and you keep on proving it to me by avoiding this topic and running away.

If you had the ability to prove me wrong, you would've done it by now.

I proved you wrong on CEMU playing the game perfectly.............didn't I? Yup, and I did it immediately and showed you proof. I even showed you proof with YOUR OWN VIDEO.:lawl:

And now..............you singing my victory song includes you trying to meme your way out of this.

So now you're singing like Dynocrap when he has lost to me.

Keep singing my victory music.

Yep.

I posted evidence of you not playing PS4 games :mj: 

Digital Foundry already confirms Switch is the worst version, and technically the PC, PRO versions run better than both it and the WiiU.  FACTUALLY.

Morgan's OPINION that he likes the pad better... is just that.  An opinion.  It's subjective.  What's NOT subjective is the fact that the game performs, looks, loads best on PC.  And the FACT is that I can use a PS4 controller, an Xbox Controller, an 8bitdo controller, I can use gyro, I can use my Xbox Elite V2 controller with 4 extra paddles ALL macro'd to different glyphs... which make playing the game A BREEZE, and quite frankly... tolerable.  It's also a plus that I don't have to look between a tablet and monitor.

Factually better in every way.

And yea, I have the ability to prove you wrong any time I want.  What you DON'T have though... is the ability to prove your claims.  That's on you sweet cheeks, and until you do... you can keep speculating till the sheep come home :hehe: 

You lose.  Every time.  Sheep are so fucking stupid.. I've enjoyed this :bate:

EYI5-Fu-Ws-AEl1.png 

Edited by Remij_
12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yep.

I posted evidence of you not playing PS4 games :mj: 

Thanks for admitting you lost the W101 argument. You're now admitting it faster than before.

Thank you.